VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30

Go down 
+14
Jabberwocky Dragons
DaganGecko
ajb28221
Christopher
ClarkeReptiles
RJ'sCresties
CurioCreatures
ezekiel21
smb2585
byrd'sballs
Cp3_Pythons
smd58
Focal
Don
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Don

Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30   Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30 - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 3:06 pm

I've put a list of my available snakes for sale tomorrow at the Richmond show in the snakes classified section. Hope to see y'all there tomorrow!
Back to top Go down
http://www.PlethoraOfPythons.com
DaganGecko
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
DaganGecko

PostSubject: Re: Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30   Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30 - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 3:27 pm

I do not have a table since I didn't know about this show until too late, but I do plan to bring crested geckos and a couple of ball pythons with me if anyone is interested. I also have some wooden boxes that I hand painted reptile art on. I love trades and make good deals! My cell phone number is 704-288-9994. If anyone is interested in my stuff (listed in classifieds but I'll do better prices) just text me at the show! Name's Dagan--Day-gan.

Looking forward to seeing your table, Don!
Back to top Go down
http://www.iherp.com/Public/ShowUser.aspx?UserId=5fb7c078-e6af-4
Cp3_Pythons
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Cp3_Pythons

PostSubject: Re: Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30   Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30 - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 9:48 pm

Wont be there was spose to pick up something but since I cant get a price on what Im looking for it would be a wasted trip so... IDK I hope you all have fun and enjoy the show...
Back to top Go down
DaganGecko
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
DaganGecko

PostSubject: Re: Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30   Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30 - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 10:09 pm

No reptile show is a wasted trip! Unless you drink too much. Wink Yeah...that's a...pun.
Back to top Go down
Cp3_Pythons
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Cp3_Pythons

PostSubject: Re: Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30   Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30 - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 12:05 am

To me it would be since there's only one thing I want to pick... But I can get it elsewhere and have it shipped to my doorstep so... IDK I may go may not go dont know yet for sure wont till tomorrow morning
Back to top Go down
ClarkeReptiles
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
ClarkeReptiles

PostSubject: Re: Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30   Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30 - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 9:04 am

I'll be there today. Wish I could bring home a snake or two.
Back to top Go down
http://clarkereptiles.weebly.com/
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
smb2585

PostSubject: Re: Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30   Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30 - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 10:19 am

We are en route. Just got thru the HRBT woohoo
Back to top Go down
ajb28221
Established Member
Established Member
ajb28221

PostSubject: Re: Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30   Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30 - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 3:20 pm

Pretty good show, much better than the manassas one, but there wasn't any cages or accessories, but pretty good, picked up a crimson giant day gecko! So well worth it!
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30   Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30 - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 6:13 pm

Yeah sucked for me. I'm just getting back from Carolina from running an auger all day.
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
Don

PostSubject: Re: Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30   Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30 - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 7:28 pm

Had a great show. Enjoyed meeting the few folks from here who stopped by and said hello. Didn't sell anything to anyone here. If you saw something you wanted, let me know and I'll give you a VAHERPS special deal!
Back to top Go down
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
smb2585

PostSubject: Re: Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30   Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30 - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 8:51 pm

It was smaller than I expected but not too bad. We picked up a couple bags of Aspen bedding... not the dumb chips... they really suck with humidity. Since we changed our snakes havent shed in one piece... so went back to the type we used to use before.

Didn't see any of you guys... except Don and his wife. My daughter was scared of course of the dubias and the fly grubs and wanted away fast but I think Miles talked to you for a bit Don.

Overall was a nice show Smile
Back to top Go down
ajb28221
Established Member
Established Member
ajb28221

PostSubject: Re: Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30   Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30 - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 8:56 pm

It was a good show, I wish I had more money, I would have bought so much more! haha I did get my hands on a nice Giant Day Gecko, been wanting one for awhile now
Back to top Go down
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
smb2585

PostSubject: Re: Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30   Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30 - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 9:01 pm

I held a beardie... guy said he plays wii with the one i held and it just chills on his shoulder... ha... thats what I am going to ask for as an xmas present Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Cp3_Pythons
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Cp3_Pythons

PostSubject: Re: Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30   Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30 - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 9:28 pm

Are you asking for the Wii or a bearded dragon.... LoL
Back to top Go down
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
smb2585

PostSubject: Re: Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30   Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30 - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 9:33 pm

Ohh we have the wii.. i wanna play wii with the beardie!!!!
Back to top Go down
DaganGecko
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
DaganGecko

PostSubject: Re: Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30   Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30 - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 10:36 pm

I'm really upset that I didn't get to meet anybody. I didn't know what anybody looked like and we had no pre arranged meeting places. I finally left around 1pm and went to that Ark pet store.

I bought some feeders at the show but that was all. I didn't have the money for much else. I did manage to trade some crested geckos for a pretty albino Nelson's milksnake that Vinny had.

So the show was okay...but I needed money...and a plan. : P
Back to top Go down
ax2austin
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
ax2austin

PostSubject: Re: Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30   Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30 - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 10:17 am

ezekiel21 wrote:
well i wont be going..... my leave got denied Sad just 15 more years of never doing anything i want and im free..... yay for me, lol
i hear ya there. stuckk in the same situation. cant wait for it to be over. im on the truman
Back to top Go down
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
smb2585

PostSubject: Re: Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30   Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30 - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 12:07 pm

Sorry you guys didn't get to make it. We left by like 12:30ish??? or close to it and got some food and drove around for a little while just to make the trip worthwhile. Had a good time though. Hope everyone that went did as well...

Next show is Route 10 on November 13 Smile We will be there
Back to top Go down
ezekiel21
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
ezekiel21

PostSubject: Re: Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30   Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30 - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 12:08 pm

so no one picked up any BPs?? did Don sell a few of his babies? i wish i could have gone..... too bad everyone couldnt meet up.
Back to top Go down
ezekiel21
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
ezekiel21

PostSubject: Re: Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30   Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30 - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 12:09 pm

smb2585 wrote:
Next show is Route 10 on November 13 Smile We will be there

I wont be attending that one either..... have to work Sad
Back to top Go down
Don

PostSubject: Re: Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30   Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30 - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 12:27 pm

I sold seven snakes and a few people said they were going to try to scrape some money together and call me soon. The only one I feel uncomfortable with is the guy who wanted to buy a Bumblebee and put it in a 40 gallon tank with a light. I explained that was not the best environment for a baby ball python. I guess I have to overcome the worry about what happens to these little guys once they leave me. He hasn't called me back, but if he does, I'm going to print off some care sheets so he has the proper information on how to care for the baby.

I still have plenty available and have put a bumblebee package in the classifieds for VAHERPers. If you see anything on the list posted previously, let me know. I'm now working deals and the more you buy, the better deal I'll work.

What is really funny is that I came home with more snakes than I left with!
Back to top Go down
ezekiel21
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
ezekiel21

PostSubject: Re: Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30   Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30 - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 12:31 pm

Don wrote:
What is really funny is that I came home with more snakes than I left with!

lol, what did you pick up?
Back to top Go down
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
smb2585

PostSubject: Re: Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30   Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30 - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 1:10 pm

Lol Nice job Don!

We only came home with 2 big bags of Aspen Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Don

PostSubject: Re: Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30   Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30 - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 1:12 pm

I ordered some Axanthic snakes and a couple double gene snakes before the show that I picked up there. I now have a beautiful AX Pastel girl and an AX female. Couple of 66% AX Spider females, a bumblebee 100% AX, a couple of pastel 100% het AX, Pastel Lesser and a Pastave.

I felt I needed to add Ax into my collection since I don't have any now. The AX female is going to be paired with my Pied to make double hets. The Bumblebee and Pastel het AX are going to be paired for AX Bees.

As of right now, I only have one normal looking snake in my collection and that is a Het Pied Male. As soon as he is sold, then I'm all morphs. This male is ready to breed right now and I'm ready to sell him to make some room.
Back to top Go down
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
smb2585

PostSubject: Re: Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30   Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30 - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 3:02 pm

Too bad our Pied girl isnt up to size yet... we'd be ready for him then. Shes just a hatchling Sad
Back to top Go down
DaganGecko
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
DaganGecko

PostSubject: Re: Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30   Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30 - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 6:10 pm

I'm really jealous of Don because he is getting into the projects I want. I bought a VPI axanthic male a while ago and really had to scrape together the 400 bucks for him, and that was a great price too. And here he can go and buy all those axanthic MORPHS in one fell sweep. Makes me feel so poor! Haha.

I'm out on the axanthic projects with spider genes in them though. I gave up spiders ever since I noticed most of them have obvious wobble. At the show some of the axanthic spider morphs on one table were definitely bobbling their heads. I can't stand it! They sure are pretty in a still photograph though.
Back to top Go down
ezekiel21
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
ezekiel21

PostSubject: Re: Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30   Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30 - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 6:15 pm

DaganGecko wrote:
I'm really jealous of Don because he is getting into the projects I want. I bought a VPI axanthic male a while ago and really had to scrape together the 400 bucks for him, and that was a great price too. And here he can go and buy all those axanthic MORPHS in one fell sweep. Makes me feel so poor! Haha.

I'm out on the axanthic projects with spider genes in them though. I gave up spiders ever since I noticed most of them have obvious wobble. At the show some of the axanthic spider morphs on one table were definitely bobbling their heads. I can't stand it! They sure are pretty in a still photograph though.

i think the wobble is cute Smile
Back to top Go down
DaganGecko
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
DaganGecko

PostSubject: Re: Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30   Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30 - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 6:18 pm

When you see a snake miss its prey because of wobble, it is definitely not so cute. I don't mind when other people have spiders--I just personally see the wobble as a bad defect, just the way some leopard geckos get that enigma spinning problem. Also I feel that wobble could become a worse problem than it is now, with more and more people breeding without careful selection.
Back to top Go down
ClarkeReptiles
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
ClarkeReptiles

PostSubject: Re: Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30   Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30 - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 7:27 pm

There were so many pretty snakes there! I can't wait till I'm not poor! I only stayed until 11am as I'd seen just about every snake in there and since I didn't go to the show with anyone (my friends couldn't make it and they are not "snake people" anyway) I just left.

I really really really wanted to buy some snakes! There are so many I want (or rather NEED). I'm hoping when the next show rolls around (or maybe before then) I can convince my husband that since I have not purchased a snake in almost a year, I should be able to purchase one. I really need a het pied girl to breed to my het pied boy. (He's currently in with a normal girl so I can try and produce some possible hets and breed any females back to him) but a 100% het pied girl would be better. Of course, there are so many other morphs I want to get into. I really want an albino male.

Oh! And I'll be doing some research on these adorable little geckos I saw at the show. Mourning Geckos I think is what they were called. Little tiny geckos that were just the cutest things I've ever seen. I might pick some up at the next Richmond show. I'd like to get into breeding those.
Back to top Go down
vdub804

PostSubject: Re: Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30   Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30 - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 1:53 am

does anyone know those breeders that were setup at the entrance side by side with the women who were taking admission for the expo, I lost his number and need some info on the snow boa I got from them
Back to top Go down
gatto152
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
gatto152

PostSubject: Re: Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30   Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30 - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 8:12 am

i knew ishoulda went i defiantly needed a snow boa
Back to top Go down
ClarkeReptiles
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
ClarkeReptiles

PostSubject: Re: Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30   Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30 - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 9:32 am

I don't have their info but I think I saw that snow boa. Such a beauty! I need a boa boy for my girl once she's big enough to breed.
Back to top Go down
vdub804

PostSubject: Re: Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30   Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30 - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 9:55 am

I was so excited and in such a hurry to get this baby girl home that I forgot her birthday, what she is het for
etc 😢
Back to top Go down
ClarkeReptiles
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
ClarkeReptiles

PostSubject: Re: Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30   Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30 - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 10:01 am

You could try contacting the guy who puts the show on and see if he has a list of contact info for the vendors at the show. Worth a try.
Back to top Go down
Don

PostSubject: Re: Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30   Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30 - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 10:04 am

The guy who put on the show is Larry Kenton at mdrepfarm@gmail.com
Back to top Go down
vdub804

PostSubject: Re: Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30   Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30 - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 10:14 am

Thanks Don I dropped him an email.
Back to top Go down
gatto152
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
gatto152

PostSubject: Re: Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30   Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30 - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 12:25 pm

ClarkeReptiles wrote:
I don't have their info but I think I saw that snow boa. Such a beauty! I need a boa boy for my girl once she's big enough to breed.

you and me both clarke im lookin for a male snow to go with my 66% het sunglow salmon baby
Back to top Go down
ClarkeReptiles
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
ClarkeReptiles

PostSubject: Re: Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30   Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30 - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 12:52 pm

Thanks Don. I couldn't remember where to find his info.

My girl is a normal, but I was hoping to pair her with a motley or an albino when she's big enough. She's about 4lbs 4oz right now, so she's got quite a bit of growing to do before she's ready to breed. Do you have pics of your salmon?
Back to top Go down
gatto152
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
gatto152

PostSubject: Re: Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30   Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30 - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 1:20 pm

ClarkeReptiles wrote:
Thanks Don. I couldn't remember where to find his info.

My girl is a normal, but I was hoping to pair her with a motley or an albino when she's big enough. She's about 4lbs 4oz right now, so she's got quite a bit of growing to do before she's ready to breed. Do you have pics of your salmon?

yea clarke go look at my post in the show room i can send you more pics to if you would like and yea mine needs about another 7 months or so
Back to top Go down
vdub804

PostSubject: Re: Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30   Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30 - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 1:54 pm

I got in touch with the breeder Don you da man!!!
Back to top Go down
Christopher
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
Christopher

PostSubject: Re: Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30   Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30 - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 11:05 am

My fiancee wants that het pied bad Don! I might have to hit you up.

I picked up an albino, het albino and a lesser before I could pull myself away!
And a little rack from reptile basics.
Back to top Go down
Christopher
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
Christopher

PostSubject: Re: Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30   Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30 - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 11:08 am

vdub804, if it's who I think it is (big guy, shaved head, goatee) then his name is Dennis and his number is 757-576-6262.
Back to top Go down
Cupcakemafia
Cupcakemafia

PostSubject: Re: Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30   Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30 - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 12:31 am

We will definitly be there! We have bought both of our Bearded Dragons from there, we really enjoy the show
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30   Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2