VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Richmond Reptile Expo - October 25th

Go down 
+2
BenVizi
Deedle
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Deedle
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Deedle

Richmond Reptile Expo - October 25th  Empty
PostSubject: Richmond Reptile Expo - October 25th    Richmond Reptile Expo - October 25th  EmptySun Oct 12, 2014 7:24 pm

I'll be at the Richmond Show splitting a table, and have some Reticulated Pythons available.  All are feeding, healthy and amazing animals. Stop by and say Hello!

Purple - 1 female available
Richmond Reptile Expo - October 25th  10150610

Tigers - 3 females available all are from Calico blood lines and outstanding colorwise.
Richmond Reptile Expo - October 25th  Tiger10

Lavender - One Male available (he is currently on hold)
Richmond Reptile Expo - October 25th  Whiteh10

Java Locality - Long Term Captive animals (3 available) all of them still need work, but are workable.  Feeding well and Healthy.  
Richmond Reptile Expo - October 25th  Java10

Also available
1.0 Golden Child Tiger (will update this post once hes done digesting his meal)
1.0 Genetic Stripe (Dwarf)
0.1 Sunfire
1.1 Seram Locality (Dwarf)
0.1 Het purple
0.2 Javas (not shown)
0.2 Tigers (not shown)

Other Odds and Ends

Possibly available for offers
0.1 Citrus het albino - this gene isn't worked with much yet very few people have animals with this gene currently.  I don't want to sell her so that offer will have to be quite impressive.
Back to top Go down
BenVizi
Established Member
Established Member

PostSubject: Re: Richmond Reptile Expo - October 25th    Richmond Reptile Expo - October 25th  EmptySun Oct 12, 2014 9:44 pm

Man, I wish I had the room, and money for that matter! I'll hopefully be there just to check out the show and the area. I'll definitely stop by your table and check out those retics!
Back to top Go down
Deedle
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Deedle

PostSubject: Re: Richmond Reptile Expo - October 25th    Richmond Reptile Expo - October 25th  EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 10:08 am

BenVizi wrote:
Man, I wish I had the room, and money for that matter! I'll hopefully be there just to check out the show and the area. I'll definitely stop by your table and check out those retics!

Awesome looking forward to meeting you! I should have a couple display animals for people to see and check out as well!
Back to top Go down
attack_donut
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
attack_donut

PostSubject: Re: Richmond Reptile Expo - October 25th    Richmond Reptile Expo - October 25th  EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 5:17 pm

I will be there with my friend. She's currently learning about my monitor lizards and is interested in her own perhaps.
Back to top Go down
http://plaguedbethyangel.blogspot.com
Nocturnalnature
Established Member
Established Member

PostSubject: Re: Richmond Reptile Expo - October 25th    Richmond Reptile Expo - October 25th  EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 5:53 pm

How is the show? I haven't been in approximately 8 years and it was pretty small then. Has it grown any? Still predominately balls, boas, beardeds, and leopards?
Back to top Go down
Deedle
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Deedle

PostSubject: Re: Richmond Reptile Expo - October 25th    Richmond Reptile Expo - October 25th  EmptyThu Oct 16, 2014 2:31 am

Nocturnalnature wrote:
How is the show? I haven't been in approximately 8 years and it was pretty small then. Has it grown any? Still predominately balls, boas, beardeds, and leopards?

Pretty much the same way. I'm trying to bring a little diversity with Retics. Its mostly table after table of balls.

Back to top Go down
attack_donut
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
attack_donut

PostSubject: Re: Richmond Reptile Expo - October 25th    Richmond Reptile Expo - October 25th  EmptyThu Oct 16, 2014 11:13 am

Having been to reptile shows for several decades, I have found virtually all shows to be "flavour of the month/year" When albino Burmese pythons were first introduced into the market, the shows were flooded with them, because that's where the money was. Then came the boas, then geckos, bearded dragons, and now royal pythons. When that market is saturated, it will move to something else. Thing is, unlike Burmese, the royals breed more slowly, so the market doesn't get saturated as quickly.
Back to top Go down
Deedle
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Deedle

PostSubject: Re: Richmond Reptile Expo - October 25th    Richmond Reptile Expo - October 25th  EmptyThu Oct 16, 2014 11:48 am

I've been going to shows for 10 years also, but I started in Texas NARBC and then the San Antonio Shows (Best variety ever, lots of hots, lots of bigs, lots of smalls). I never s

Ball Pythons Have dominated small shows for the last 10+ years.

And I disagree Royals/Balls breed quicker, you don't get a Burm female to breed @ 18 months old. And burms don't have huge clutches lucky to get 20 eggs in most cases from a first timer, retics however can have nice clutches as a first timer but again 3-4 years before they breed some take 5+, and to top all that off their incubation time is much more, and has to be flawless.

So by the time most burms can breed, you can breed the same female ball python 2-3 times.
Back to top Go down
Deedle
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Deedle

PostSubject: Re: Richmond Reptile Expo - October 25th    Richmond Reptile Expo - October 25th  EmptyThu Oct 16, 2014 11:56 am

To top all that off

How many ball pythons can fit in the spot of 1 cage that is 6' x 3'. I can stack 3 cages in that space but I can stack 3 - 10 high racks in about the same amount of space.
Back to top Go down
attack_donut
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
attack_donut

PostSubject: Re: Richmond Reptile Expo - October 25th    Richmond Reptile Expo - October 25th  EmptyThu Oct 16, 2014 12:14 pm

Deedle wrote:
To top all that off

How many ball pythons can fit in the spot of 1 cage that is 6' x 3'.  I can stack 3 cages in that space but I can stack 3 - 10 high racks in about the same amount of space.

I am not disagreeing at all, I am simply commenting the shows seem to be nothing but royal pythons these days. I'd like to see some variety, more tree boas, rubber/dwarf boas, more monitors. That sort of thing.
Back to top Go down
Deedle
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Deedle

PostSubject: Re: Richmond Reptile Expo - October 25th    Richmond Reptile Expo - October 25th  EmptyThu Oct 16, 2014 5:39 pm

attack_donut wrote:
Deedle wrote:
To top all that off

How many ball pythons can fit in the spot of 1 cage that is 6' x 3'.  I can stack 3 cages in that space but I can stack 3 - 10 high racks in about the same amount of space.

I am not disagreeing at all, I am simply commenting the shows seem to be nothing but royal pythons these days. I'd like to see some variety, more tree boas, rubber/dwarf boas, more monitors. That sort of thing.

The problem with most of those they're advanced animals (tree boas, most monitors) And the other issue is the direct cost most people don't go to the reptile show to spend more than $100-200.

I believe internet sales and worse Auctions have screwed up shows more than anything.

I try to attend as many shows as possible to support the show. I'll have retics this year and next maybe some burms (late next year, retics early and late) One day hopefully some Tree Monitors and domincan red mountain boas but again not really show sellers because the cost.
Back to top Go down
attack_donut
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
attack_donut

PostSubject: Re: Richmond Reptile Expo - October 25th    Richmond Reptile Expo - October 25th  EmptyThu Oct 16, 2014 5:48 pm

Auctions for reptiles? How bizarre. I'm familiar with places like Kingsnake.com, but I'd really rather not subject a new charge to the stress of shipping/airline/god only knows what else. Esp. since I cannot see it before I buy it and judge for myself condition.

In any case, I will be there at the show, with gf and camera in hand.
Back to top Go down
Deedle
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Deedle

PostSubject: Re: Richmond Reptile Expo - October 25th    Richmond Reptile Expo - October 25th  EmptyThu Oct 16, 2014 6:14 pm

Stop by and say hello, Table should be fairly easy find Smile
Back to top Go down
BenVizi
Established Member
Established Member

PostSubject: Re: Richmond Reptile Expo - October 25th    Richmond Reptile Expo - October 25th  EmptyThu Oct 16, 2014 6:53 pm

If you have burms next year I know exactly where I'll be getting mine from!!
Back to top Go down
RalphMills
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
RalphMills

PostSubject: Re: Richmond Reptile Expo - October 25th    Richmond Reptile Expo - October 25th  EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 10:50 pm

Will definitely say "Hey"! Looking to buy a couple bags of aspen. Love.the finely shredded aspen they have there!!
Back to top Go down
bcr229
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
bcr229

PostSubject: Re: Richmond Reptile Expo - October 25th    Richmond Reptile Expo - October 25th  EmptyThu Oct 23, 2014 2:43 pm

As an FYI, the show promoter is Larry Kenton at MD Reptile Farm. His home burned down earlier this week, and he lost most of his collection in the fire.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/10/22/central-pennsylvania-fire-kills-well-over-200-nonvenomous-snakes/
Back to top Go down
http://www.ExtremeFirepower.com/
RalphMills
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
RalphMills

PostSubject: Re: Richmond Reptile Expo - October 25th    Richmond Reptile Expo - October 25th  EmptyThu Oct 23, 2014 3:49 pm

That was him? I did see the article. That's too bad!!
Back to top Go down
Nocturnalnature
Established Member
Established Member

PostSubject: Re: Richmond Reptile Expo - October 25th    Richmond Reptile Expo - October 25th  EmptyThu Oct 23, 2014 6:05 pm

That is a shame! My heart goes out to him and his family. Losing your home and virtually your entire collection has got to be almost unbearable.
Lord willing, they'll get back on their feet and the surviving animals will continue to thrive.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Richmond Reptile Expo - October 25th    Richmond Reptile Expo - October 25th  Empty

Back to top Go down

Richmond Reptile Expo - October 25th
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
VaHerps.com :: Virginia Events and News :: Upcoming Reptile Shows and Events-
Jump to: