VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Coming Home to Virginia

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ClarkeReptiles
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
ClarkeReptiles

Coming Home to Virginia Empty
PostSubject: Coming Home to Virginia   Coming Home to Virginia EmptyMon Oct 31, 2016 1:26 pm

Well Missouri was okay, but I'm heading home to Virginia in 2 weeks. Seems this forum has died a little. Not much discussion going on. Well I'm bringing home 15 snakes, two leopard geckos, a turtle, and my rodents.

I plan on expanding my feeder breeding so that I can start a small business.

I do have a question about the turtle. Can anyone tell me if alligator snapping turtles are legal in VA? They are illegal here without a permit and I was about to start the process to get mine but then decided to return home. Is there a permit I need to get for mine? He was given to me by a friend here in Missouri.
Back to top Go down
http://clarkereptiles.weebly.com/
attack_donut
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
attack_donut

PostSubject: Re: Coming Home to Virginia   Coming Home to Virginia EmptyThu Nov 03, 2016 5:51 pm

Welcome back Jesse, we missed you. Sadly, I can't speak for the snapper, but I have plenty in my back yard lake....
Back to top Go down
http://plaguedbethyangel.blogspot.com
ClarkeReptiles
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
ClarkeReptiles

PostSubject: Re: Coming Home to Virginia   Coming Home to Virginia EmptySun Nov 20, 2016 12:55 pm

I made it back okay. All the reptiles and rodents made it. My large snake rack got damaged in the move so now I have to replace the heat tape (the connection on the left side of the tape was arching and it stopped heating repeatedly).
Back to top Go down
http://clarkereptiles.weebly.com/
jw
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
jw

PostSubject: Re: Coming Home to Virginia   Coming Home to Virginia EmptySat Dec 10, 2016 2:31 pm

Welcome back to VA!
The alligator snapping turtle is not native to VA and no permit is required as far as I know. You may want to contact the DGIF to confirm.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Coming Home to Virginia   Coming Home to Virginia Empty

Back to top Go down

Coming Home to Virginia
Page 1 of 1