VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30

Go down 
+14
Jabberwocky Dragons
DaganGecko
ajb28221
Christopher
ClarkeReptiles
RJ'sCresties
CurioCreatures
ezekiel21
smb2585
byrd'sballs
Cp3_Pythons
smd58
Focal
Don
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Don

Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30 Empty
PostSubject: Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30   Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30 EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 11:05 am

I just purchased a table for the Richmond Reptile Expo on October 30, 2011.

1021 Koger Center Blvd.
Richmond, VA 23235
(804) 379-3800

Time: 10 A.M. to 3 P.M.

Admission: $8.00
$3.00 - Children 2-6

Back to top Go down
http://www.PlethoraOfPythons.com
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30   Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30 EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 11:18 am

Awesome! Hope to see you there!
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
smd58
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
smd58

PostSubject: Re: Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30   Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 7:09 pm

Been to this one quite a few times, Nice size show and I allway see something cool there.
Back to top Go down
Cp3_Pythons
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Cp3_Pythons

PostSubject: Re: Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30   Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30 EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 9:37 pm

Wont be there...
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30   Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30 EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 8:59 am

Yes you will Clarence!! I'll drag you Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Cp3_Pythons
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Cp3_Pythons

PostSubject: Re: Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30   Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30 EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 1:46 pm

Focal X wrote:
Yes you will Clarence!! I'll drag you Very Happy

Laughing Laughing In that case Nick I'll be there Laughing
Back to top Go down
byrd'sballs
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
byrd'sballs

PostSubject: Re: Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30   Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30 EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 1:50 pm

that shows been running along time hasnt it? i went to a few shows when i was like 10 years old, but hoping to go to this one and a few others this year
Back to top Go down
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
smb2585

PostSubject: Re: Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30   Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30 EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 1:55 pm

I'm sure we will make an appearance as well... I just hate driving. I'd rather be the passenger
Back to top Go down
Cp3_Pythons
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Cp3_Pythons

PostSubject: Re: Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30   Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30 EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 1:59 pm

Yes the show had been going on awhile... I've been a few time's the reason I was debating on going or not is there was some controversy and may still be some between Larry ( Maryland Reptile Farms ) and the Route 10 Reptile Expo.
Last I heard is that Larry was going to Ban anyone who vended the Route 10 Expo thus they wouldn't be able to vend at his show's ( Not sure on how true it is or if Larry still upset over it I know he was a upset about the Route 10 Expo taking place...
Back to top Go down
ezekiel21
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
ezekiel21

PostSubject: Re: Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30   Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30 EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 2:01 pm

im definitely going, ill take off work if i have to. havent been to a show in forever Sad
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30   Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30 EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 2:16 pm

Cp3_Pythons wrote:
Yes the show had been going on awhile... I've been a few time's the reason I was debating on going or not is there was some controversy and may still be some between Larry ( Maryland Reptile Farms ) and the Route 10 Reptile Expo.
Last I heard is that Larry was going to Ban anyone who vended the Route 10 Expo thus they wouldn't be able to vend at his show's ( Not sure on how true it is or if Larry still upset over it I know he was a upset about the Route 10 Expo taking place...

You're the second person I heard that from. It sounds pretty childish.

I guess that's what happens when hobbies turn into businesses and they lose focus of what's really important. Sad
Back to top Go down
Cp3_Pythons
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Cp3_Pythons

PostSubject: Re: Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30   Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30 EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 6:35 pm

Focal X wrote:
Cp3_Pythons wrote:

You're the second person I heard that from. It sounds pretty childish.

I guess that's what happens when hobbies turn into businesses and they lose focus of what's really important. Sad

IMHO the whole situation is childish I agree IMHO I belive it's because certain people feel there toe's are being stepped on by another Reptile/Exotic animal Expo being held in Richmond Va but it's not on the same days as the Maryland Reptile Farm Expo's are... I could understand if it was on the same days but even then it wouldn't be justified... The whole Route 10 Reptile Expo came about when Larry canceled the Richmond show becuase Ian and other larger breeder's chose to do the Myrtle Beach show ( no I dont blame them it's there choice ) But alot of Local's and other smaller scale breeder's hobbyist's and reptile keeper's where upset about it as like them I looked foward to the Expo. When It was canceled like many I complained but what can you do ?.. A fellow Hobbyist and Exotic Pet store owner ( Off the Ark Exotic Pet's ) and Troy Thomas of Galaxy Balls came up with the idea to hold there own Expo for the people that wanted to attend the Expo but couldn't Via Maryland Reptile Farms Expo had been cancelled...

IMO the Route 10 Expo is a success becuase it's an Expo by the people for the people... You have two people who actually care about what the people attending the show want. Ask for the idea's of people attending/vending what they can do to make the show better what they as the people would like to see which isn't something you get from a Maryland Reptile Farm Expo just sayin... And the Bonus is it support's local business and breeder's in the hobby which is a GREAT THING IMO anyways...
Back to top Go down
Don

PostSubject: Re: Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30   Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30 EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 7:39 pm

I believe that there are no winners in this conflict. Larry loses vendors who choose the Route 10 Expo, Vinny loses vendors who choose the MD Reptile Farm Expo. Vendors lose because they are caught in the middle and miss out on two shows. I continue to hope that the two promoters can work out the issues and seek win-win solutions where the Richmond reptile show and hobby gets stronger. The current situation only makes both shows weaker.

Back to top Go down
Cp3_Pythons
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Cp3_Pythons

PostSubject: Re: Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30   Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30 EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 8:02 pm

Don wrote:
I believe that there are no winners in this conflict. Larry loses vendors who choose the Route 10 Expo, Vinny loses vendors who choose the MD Reptile Farm Expo. Vendors lose because they are caught in the middle and miss out on two shows. I continue to hope that the two promoters can work out the issues and seek win-win solutions where the Richmond reptile show and hobby gets stronger. The current situation only makes both shows weaker.

Well said...
Back to top Go down
ezekiel21
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
ezekiel21

PostSubject: Re: Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30   Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 12:59 pm

well i wont be going..... my leave got denied Sad just 15 more years of never doing anything i want and im free..... yay for me, lol
Back to top Go down
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
smb2585

PostSubject: Re: Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30   Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 1:27 pm

I couldn't help but giggle when I read your post Ryan... Sry its gunna be 15 yrs before you have a life... Sad we probably won't go either since we are sinking our money into going to Tinley
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30   Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 1:57 pm

Well I'll be there! I have plenty of nice people to meet this time Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Don

PostSubject: Re: Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30   Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 2:23 pm

I'm going to have a much better table at this show. I'll post a list of what I've got as we get closer, so folks here will have first dibbs on my stock. From memory, I know I have a Killerbee male, a couple of Bumblebee males, Lesserbee female, Pastel female, Pastel male, Spiders male and female, Albino males and one female. I think I may have a breedable female and will definitely have a large male het pied for sale and a baby het pied male. I should have some Dubia's and maybe some Black Soldier Fly Grubs.

I am not sure if I'm going to sell my Queenbee male yet.

Back to top Go down
CurioCreatures
Established Member
Established Member

PostSubject: Re: Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30   Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 3:25 pm

I'll probably be attending the RRE but likely not vending...
Back to top Go down
smd58
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
smd58

PostSubject: Re: Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30   Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 11:12 pm

I hope to be there
Back to top Go down
RJ'sCresties

PostSubject: Re: Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30   Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 4:16 pm

I hope to be there! It will be my first reptile expo!
Back to top Go down
Don

PostSubject: Re: Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30   Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 8:35 pm

Here is a sample of what I'll have for sale at the show:

2011 babies:
Male Spiders (four of them)
Female Spiders (three)
Pastel Male (two)
Pastel Female
Het Pied Male
Bumblebee males (two)
Mojave Bumblebee Male (great three gene combo!)
Mojave Spider Female
Albino Males (two)
Albino Female
Pastel Female
Killerbee Male
Several normal males and females too!

Adults:
Breedable ready Female normal from 2004
Breedable Het Pied Male from 2007

If anyone is interested, let me know. I do take deposits and will accept payment plans. A 20% non-refundable deposit will hold your purchase for the show.
Back to top Go down
ezekiel21
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
ezekiel21

PostSubject: Re: Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30   Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 1:14 am

well i guess i am actually going now...... this better be for sure or im gonna freak. my wife will be attending as well. this will be her first expo and she is terrified of reptiles...... this oughta be fun, lol. i cant wait to meet some of you in person, its weird reading everyone's posts and talking to you all but i havent actually met most of you.
Back to top Go down
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
smb2585

PostSubject: Re: Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30   Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 7:47 am

We might go and look but NOT buying ANYTHING... we need to move some of the males out that we have lol.
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30   Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 9:32 am

smb2585 wrote:
We might go and look but NOT buying ANYTHING... we need to move some of the males out that we have lol.

Whateva!! Heard that before Very Happy
Back to top Go down
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
smb2585

PostSubject: Re: Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30   Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 10:00 am

LOL I know... but seriously we have to get rid of three males... we dont need a "sausage fest" as Miles put it... no fun at all but we have no space... we have used all of our dividers in the tubs and they are all full lol. We need another rack.. even if its just a little 3 or 4 tier one... lol.
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30   Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 10:26 am

smb2585 wrote:
LOL I know... but seriously we have to get rid of three males... we dont need a "sausage fest" as Miles put it... no fun at all but we have no space... we have used all of our dividers in the tubs and they are all full lol. We need another rack.. even if its just a little 3 or 4 tier one... lol.

I've never done this before, but can several people go in on one table? If you guys don't sell them before then, I have a few hatchlings I need to sell, and I'm sure someone else will have some odds and ends... I don't know if it's practical as I still have never been to a show Embarassed
Back to top Go down
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
smb2585

PostSubject: Re: Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30   Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 1:59 pm

I dunno if its possible either but I don't see why not??? It couldn't hurt to ask???

We havent ever vended so... but sometimes I see people that are selling them for their buddies that aren't there... but then that sucks because if you wanna try to make a deal they have to call their buddy and talk about it... but yea it could happen? Or just one person buy the table, and the other give them some $ and help them at the table?
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30   Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 4:22 pm

I can't find a price and too lazy to call Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30   Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 4:24 pm

I did find a post from 2008 that said it was $75 then...
Back to top Go down
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
smb2585

PostSubject: Re: Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30   Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 5:25 pm

LOL I will look tomorrow. I have to go to my GMs house and fix his laptop then I have bowling. I cant see that the prices would go up too much but then again, I don't really know...
Back to top Go down
Don

PostSubject: Re: Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30   Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 8:32 pm

You have to call Larry. The closer the show gets, the more the tables cost.
Back to top Go down
Cp3_Pythons
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Cp3_Pythons

PostSubject: Re: Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30   Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 9:20 am

Shoot me a Pm on what you have to move out smb2585 I'll be at the Route 10 Expo and can try and move them out there if wanted as well in other area's Nick you can do the same if you want to.

And yea No point in a sausage fest.... LMAO I thought I was one of the few that used that expression.... LMAO
Back to top Go down
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
smb2585

PostSubject: Re: Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30   Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 10:10 am

Nope... term used regularly around my household... we use the terms that most people dont think anyone else uses lol. I think my friend is going to take one of the pickups we got for her son for christmas.. so we have 2 more to move out. If they don't go by this weekend Ill send you a PM Clarence. Thanks!!
Back to top Go down
Cp3_Pythons
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Cp3_Pythons

PostSubject: Re: Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30   Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 10:27 am

Not a problem at all... Don't mind helping out fellow herper's when I can
Back to top Go down
ezekiel21
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
ezekiel21

PostSubject: Re: Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30   Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30 EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 12:14 am

im super stoked..... im def going to the show, im 100% there (well maybe 99%). my leave got approved, my wife said she would go and my brother might go with us. cant wait to see everyone and all the pretty little, or big, reptiles. might just buy me something if i find a good deal Very Happy i need some more females......
Back to top Go down
ClarkeReptiles
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
ClarkeReptiles

PostSubject: Re: Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30   Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 10:28 am

I'll be there! I have the day off from work. Of course, I will be leaving my wallet at home! I can't buy anything. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://clarkereptiles.weebly.com/
Christopher
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
Christopher

PostSubject: Re: Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30   Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30 EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 10:18 pm

I will probably see each and every one of you there but I won't have a clue because I don't know your faces! Maybe you should wear My Name Is stickers with your user names, hah!Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ajb28221
Established Member
Established Member
ajb28221

PostSubject: Re: Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30   Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30 EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 12:40 am

I'll definitely be there! CANT WAIT!! Anyone selling or know if someone is selling the gecko species Phelsuma there??
Back to top Go down
DaganGecko
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
DaganGecko

PostSubject: Re: Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30   Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30 EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 12:51 am

Hey guys, I'm going, but I have no idea what any of you look like!!! SO are we going to pin "VA Herps" to our shirts or what? Otherwise I'll be running around asking "who's from VA Herps" like an idiot. : P
Back to top Go down
http://www.iherp.com/Public/ShowUser.aspx?UserId=5fb7c078-e6af-4
ajb28221
Established Member
Established Member
ajb28221

PostSubject: Re: Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30   Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30 EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 1:03 am

DaganGecko wrote:
Hey guys, I'm going, but I have no idea what any of you look like!!! SO are we going to pin "VA Herps" to our shirts or what? Otherwise I'll be running around asking "who's from VA Herps" like an idiot. : P

Ill change my avatar! hahaha
Back to top Go down
DaganGecko
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
DaganGecko

PostSubject: Re: Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30   Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30 EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 1:04 am

I think I really might tape VA Herps to my shirt. : P
Back to top Go down
http://www.iherp.com/Public/ShowUser.aspx?UserId=5fb7c078-e6af-4
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30   Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30 EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 9:30 am

Let's pick a place and a time. I've never been, but is there a place/marker that's easy to find? Maybe next to the front door at noon?

I may not be attending since the little one has a Halloween event Sunday morning Sad But it would be great to hear if everyone met up Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ClarkeReptiles
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
ClarkeReptiles

PostSubject: Re: Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30   Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30 EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 10:24 am

I'll be wearing a blue man group tshirt. Definitely say Hello. :-)
Back to top Go down
http://clarkereptiles.weebly.com/
Jabberwocky Dragons
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
Jabberwocky Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30   Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30 EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 12:07 pm

I am not sure if we'll be attending and probably won't know until the morning of but I think the place/marker idea is a great one.
Back to top Go down
http://www.JabberwockyDragons.com
ezekiel21
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
ezekiel21

PostSubject: Re: Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30   Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30 EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 12:37 pm

well, i just found out that i might have to work Sad i wont know till sunday morning...... this sucks, 17 more years and then i might make a show. if i go i hope to see everyone and if i dont i hope ya'll have fun.
Back to top Go down
smd58
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
smd58

PostSubject: Re: Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30   Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30 EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 10:42 pm

ezekiel21 wrote:
well, i just found out that i might have to work Sad i wont know till sunday morning...... this sucks, 17 more years and then i might make a show. if i go i hope to see everyone and if i dont i hope ya'll have fun.
I dont might have to work, I got to work.
Back to top Go down
ezekiel21
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
ezekiel21

PostSubject: Re: Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30   Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30 EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 1:37 am

smd58 wrote:
ezekiel21 wrote:
I dont might have to work, I got to work.

lol, well i just found out that i def have to work Sad
Back to top Go down
Don

PostSubject: Re: Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30   Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30 EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 11:10 am

I'll be vending a table and easy to spot. Look for my avatar on a blue shirt. That willbe me and the wife
Back to top Go down
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
smb2585

PostSubject: Re: Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30   Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30 EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 12:26 pm

Miles, Alyssa and I will be there... and possibly my cousin Logan. Haven't been to the Richmond show before. but looking forward to it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30   Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30 Empty

Back to top Go down

Richmond Reptile Expo - October 30
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next