VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Russian or Hermann's Tortoise outside

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Fastft84

Russian or Hermann's Tortoise outside Empty
PostSubject: Russian or Hermann's Tortoise outside   Russian or Hermann's Tortoise outside EmptyTue Jun 03, 2014 8:24 pm

Hi I am new to VA and these particular tortoises. Does anyone know if they can be kept outside year round without additional heat sources? I haven't gotten a straight answer from anyone but from what I have read about them they seem like they could. Any thoughts?

Phil
Back to top Go down
arachnidsrva
arachnidsrva

PostSubject: Re: Russian or Hermann's Tortoise outside   Russian or Hermann's Tortoise outside EmptyThu Jul 24, 2014 10:57 pm

id think va is too cold in the winter for torts. i know people who keep theirs outside during spring/summer/fall but never when it gets too cool.... they usually bring them inside
Back to top Go down
http://arachnidsrva.com
treefrog4243@gmail.com

PostSubject: Re: Russian or Hermann's Tortoise outside   Russian or Hermann's Tortoise outside EmptySat Sep 13, 2014 6:20 pm

I have been breeding torts in va for close to 40 yrs. They can only be kept outside from may to nov. Never when temp goes below 48 and only if the day warms to 58 or so.Frank
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Russian or Hermann's Tortoise outside   Russian or Hermann's Tortoise outside Empty

Back to top Go down

Russian or Hermann's Tortoise outside
Page 1 of 1