VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Indoor tortoise pen

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Nocturnalnature
Established Member
Established Member

Indoor tortoise pen Empty
PostSubject: Indoor tortoise pen   Indoor tortoise pen EmptyMon Dec 08, 2014 5:14 am

Time for another random photo, so I thought I'd post an enclosure pic instead of the animal overload I usually do in the showroom section Laughing

4ft x 8ft indoor enclosure used to maintain and breed Burmese Stars during the Winter months. It is covered in the photo, but there is a Rubbermaid tub countersunk into the floor underneath the Mercury vapor bulb. When I see the old gals digging around I wipe the mulch off to the side and pop off the lid. Gives them access to 80lbs of potting soil goodness to dig in, and believe me, they usually end up digging half of it out before depositing eggs.
Anyways, if someone is looking for an indoor enclosure, these are super easy to build and most of the supplies are available at Lowes or Home Depot
Indoor tortoise pen 9f9975a5d2eda99128f7681f945a25cf_zps131da2bc
Back to top Go down
Ginvbch
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
Ginvbch

PostSubject: Re: Indoor tortoise pen   Indoor tortoise pen EmptyMon Dec 08, 2014 8:43 pm

Nice setup you got there!
Back to top Go down
jw
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
jw

PostSubject: Re: Indoor tortoise pen   Indoor tortoise pen EmptyTue Dec 09, 2014 2:10 pm

Looks like a professional job.
I don't know if it is needed or not, but did you seal the wood (polyurethane) the inside of the enclosure?
Back to top Go down
RalphMills
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
RalphMills

PostSubject: Re: Indoor tortoise pen   Indoor tortoise pen EmptyTue Dec 09, 2014 2:26 pm

Love it! Very nice!!
Back to top Go down
Nocturnalnature
Established Member
Established Member

PostSubject: Re: Indoor tortoise pen   Indoor tortoise pen EmptyTue Dec 09, 2014 6:52 pm

Thanks guys!
The inside is indeed sealed. I used to line the bottom and sides with fiberglass shower board, but it wasn't really necessary. Now I just line the bottom with linoleum after sealing the entire inside and call it good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Indoor tortoise pen   Indoor tortoise pen Empty

Back to top Go down

Indoor tortoise pen
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
VaHerps.com :: General Discussion Forums :: Turtle/Tortoise/Amphibian Discussion-
Jump to: