VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Red-footed Tortoise ?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
jw
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
jw

Red-footed Tortoise ? Empty
PostSubject: Red-footed Tortoise ?   Red-footed Tortoise ? EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 3:24 pm

Does anyone want a Red-footed tortoise? I believe it is a female.
Back to top Go down
BlackboxStar
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
BlackboxStar

PostSubject: Re: Red-footed Tortoise ?   Red-footed Tortoise ? EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 1:42 am

Shocked
Want and have the ability to own are two very different things.

Back to top Go down
jw
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
jw

PostSubject: Re: Red-footed Tortoise ?   Red-footed Tortoise ? EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 8:26 am

You're right! I considered taking it, but after reviewing the enclosure and environmental requirements decided against it. The tortoise is an adult.
Back to top Go down
capuzzi2
capuzzi2

PostSubject: Re: Red-footed Tortoise ?   Red-footed Tortoise ? EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 9:09 pm

Do you still have that Redfoot? I'll take it off your hands.
Back to top Go down
jw
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
jw

PostSubject: Re: Red-footed Tortoise ?   Red-footed Tortoise ? EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 12:32 pm

Thanks!
I'll check to see if the tortoise is still available. Due to the weather I would not expect a reply until the end of the week at best.
Back to top Go down
capuzzi2
capuzzi2

PostSubject: Re: Red-footed Tortoise ?   Red-footed Tortoise ? EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 12:56 pm

Excellent. I appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
jw
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
jw

PostSubject: Re: Red-footed Tortoise ?   Red-footed Tortoise ? EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 8:01 pm

Sorry for the delay, but the tortoise has already been placed.
Back to top Go down
treefrog4243@gmail.com

PostSubject: Re: Red-footed Tortoise ?   Red-footed Tortoise ? EmptySat Sep 13, 2014 6:46 pm

What area do you live in? Where did you get the tort from? I know you said it was placed it I had a 11 to 12 inch female stolen in 2011 in orange va. FRANK
Back to top Go down
jw
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
jw

PostSubject: Re: Red-footed Tortoise ?   Red-footed Tortoise ? EmptySat Sep 13, 2014 7:33 pm

I looked through my email and I must of deleted the emails regarding the red-footed tortoise from 2012.
Back to top Go down
treefrog4243@gmail.com

PostSubject: Re: Red-footed Tortoise ?   Red-footed Tortoise ? EmptySat Sep 13, 2014 8:07 pm

What i was saying was that i had 1 stolen from me in 2011. I saw your post and wondered if it might be the same redfoot. Did you have it long? Did you know the person you got it from?
Back to top Go down
jw
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
jw

PostSubject: Re: Red-footed Tortoise ?   Red-footed Tortoise ? EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 4:00 pm

If I remember correctly, someone emailed me or the VHS about a turtle they had found. It was identified (not by me) as a female red-footed tortoise. I never had possession of the animal and along with several other people we were trying to find it a suitable home. Unfortunately, I don't have the emails regarding who found the turtle or where it was placed. I'm sorry I can't be of greater assistance.

You may want to check with Bonnie of Virginia Reptile Rescue as the turtle may have ended up in her facility. - http://www.vareptilerescue.org
Back to top Go down
treefrog4243@gmail.com

PostSubject: Re: Red-footed Tortoise ?   Red-footed Tortoise ? EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 4:12 pm

O.k. thanks for the help.do you remember where it was originally found or what area you are in?
Back to top Go down
jw
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
jw

PostSubject: Re: Red-footed Tortoise ?   Red-footed Tortoise ? EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 5:03 pm

Sorry, I don't remember where the turtle was found. During the course of a year we receive about a dozen requests from all over the state to identify "found" exotic herps and then try to find suitable homes for these animals. I suspect that the turtle was found in the tidewater area and that's why I posted it on this forum. Back in 2011. I think the majority of forum members were in or near the tidewater area.
Back to top Go down
treefrog4243@gmail.com

PostSubject: Re: Red-footed Tortoise ?   Red-footed Tortoise ? EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 6:08 pm

Thanks for the effort. I lived in orange va. I own 12 and never had one escape so i assumed it was stolen. I guess i will never know. I had raised her from a hatchling.thanks again
Back to top Go down
treefrog4243@gmail.com

PostSubject: Re: Red-footed Tortoise ?   Red-footed Tortoise ? EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 6:08 pm

Thanks for the effort. I lived in orange va. I own 12 and never had one escape so i assumed it was stolen. I guess i will never know. I had raised her from a hatchling.thanks again
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Red-footed Tortoise ?   Red-footed Tortoise ? Empty

Back to top Go down

Red-footed Tortoise ?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
VaHerps.com :: General Discussion Forums :: Turtle/Tortoise/Amphibian Discussion-
Jump to: