VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Black and White juvie tegu

Go down 
AuthorMessage
saphdrag99
Established Member
Established Member
saphdrag99

Black and White juvie tegu Empty
PostSubject: Black and White juvie tegu   Black and White juvie tegu EmptyTue Sep 10, 2019 10:40 am

Have a black and white juvenile tegu that has what appears to be left over shed covering his one nostril. I have tried giving him warm water to soak in and lightly massaging it with a warm moist q-tip. It is really stuck on there and was curious if there is an easier way to remove it before taking the little guy to the vet. He's not in any distress and can still breathe easily. Doesn't mind me messing with his nose to gently try to get it off. No signs of infection or other irritation. If anyone has any good tips I am all ears. Just for extra info he is approximately 14 - 16 inches long. Not sure of exact age but I have had him for almost a month now. Hasn't altered his behaviors or eating patterns in that time, he eats very well.
Back to top Go down
saphdrag99
Established Member
Established Member
saphdrag99

Black and White juvie tegu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black and White juvie tegu   Black and White juvie tegu EmptyWed Sep 11, 2019 8:18 pm

Update: repeated soaks and a gentle prying with some tweezers here and there , and the nostril is finally clear. He seems none the worse for the wear and I will be monitoring him closely to make sure everything is finally all right
Back to top Go down

Black and White juvie tegu
Page 1 of 1