VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A few of my Tics from years ago.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Deedle
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Deedle

A few of my Tics from years ago.   Empty
PostSubject: A few of my Tics from years ago.    A few of my Tics from years ago.   EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 10:15 pm

Videos, no sound.

"Destroyer" from the time he was about 2-3' he would practically decapitate prey hitting them so hard.

Why this was impressive, this was the first Rabbit he was offered, He was about 11' and pure brute strength but one of the most docile tics I've ever had the privileged of working with.

A very, very aggressive Tiger female. This girl was the type that even after you got her out of the cage she would lunge and try to strike. She was handle from Baby - up just never calmed down.

A Dwarf in the House, her true roots were unknown, she was high silver about 5-6 years old in this video, never missed a meal but she was maxed out around 7' in Size. Very strong feeding response, and would pace back in forth on feeding day until she was fed.

Back to top Go down
maxhorsley
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
maxhorsley

PostSubject: Re: A few of my Tics from years ago.    A few of my Tics from years ago.   EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 11:26 pm

Nice !!! affraid 
Back to top Go down
jw
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
jw

PostSubject: Re: A few of my Tics from years ago.    A few of my Tics from years ago.   EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 1:17 am

What happened to these snakes?
Back to top Go down
Southern_Comfort_Reptiles
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: A few of my Tics from years ago.    A few of my Tics from years ago.   EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 2:22 am

jw wrote:
What happened to these snakes?
Yea... what happened to them? scratch 
Back to top Go down
Deedle
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Deedle

PostSubject: Re: A few of my Tics from years ago.    A few of my Tics from years ago.   EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 3:39 am

I let them all loose in the Everglades duh!

Unfortunately when I got out of the military, It was very hard to make a living and I was forced to give up my Collection.

The Dwarf Silver ended up going to a "Big Retic" breeder, he also took the extremely nasty female and a few other of my females.

The Super I held on to the longest, he was my favorite Tic next to the Dwarf Silver, I ended up He went to a local friend in Texas where I lived at the time.

The main reason I sold my collection off was to keep up my rescue until I could find everything homes. I use to run a small @ home rescue also with quite a few odds and ends I had 3 green Iguanas, about 15 normal ball pythons, a Black Throat Monitor, 1 Red Tail Boa, 1 Tokay Geckos (meanest SOB I ever seen), 2 corn snakes, and a ferret. This was about 1/2 of the max capacity of my rescue at one point it took me about 4 months to re-home every body my collection sell of allowed me to do this.
Back to top Go down
jw
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
jw

PostSubject: Re: A few of my Tics from years ago.    A few of my Tics from years ago.   EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 11:28 am

Was just curious. I know very few people that have kept a retic to adulthood and fewer still that have maintained a retic for their full 25-30 year lifespan.

Had a crocodilian rescue for many years. Just like clockwork, once a gator or caiman reached about 3 feet, people would suddenly realize the reality of keeping a large, semi-aquatic reptile and would dump them off on me.

A similar trend seems to occur with retics. At about 10-12 feet many people decide they can no longer (or don't want to) deal with a large snake. You can see an indication of the trend by searching all Craig's List for reticulated pythons: http://tinyurl.com/lqndjhh
Back to top Go down
Deedle
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Deedle

PostSubject: Re: A few of my Tics from years ago.    A few of my Tics from years ago.   EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 12:52 pm

It sounds odd to most, but I always enjoyed working with that really nasty retic that just wasn't handable, she kept me on my toes at all times. Actually liked working with them the bigger they were, the 19' had the most wicked feeding response but outside of that she was as docile as could be

It was one of the worst times of my life getting rid of my collection, this was in 2009 when this happened here we are 2013 I've just got on my feet and recuperated from everything. Eventually I'm probably going to get into some Super Dwarfs.

The worst part about craigslist is they almost always come with a "Tank" or such.

Back to top Go down
Southern_Comfort_Reptiles
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: A few of my Tics from years ago.    A few of my Tics from years ago.   EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 2:09 pm

Deedle wrote:
I let them all loose in the Everglades duh!

Unfortunately when I got out of the military, It was very hard to make a living and I was forced to give up my Collection.  

The Dwarf Silver ended up going to a "Big Retic" breeder, he also took the extremely nasty female and a few other of my females.  

The Super I held on to the longest, he was my favorite Tic next to the Dwarf Silver, I ended up He went to a local friend in Texas where I lived at the time.  

The main reason I sold my collection off was to keep up my rescue until I could find everything homes. I use to run a small @ home rescue also with quite a few odds and ends I had 3 green Iguanas, about 15 normal ball pythons, a Black Throat Monitor, 1 Red Tail Boa, 1 Tokay Geckos (meanest SOB I ever seen), 2 corn snakes, and a ferret.  This was about 1/2 of the max capacity of my rescue at one point it took me about 4 months to re-home every body my collection sell of allowed me to do this.
Sorry to hear that Sad 
Im currently military... *cough* and cant wait to get out *cough* lol
Back to top Go down
mamasmarco
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
mamasmarco

PostSubject: Re: A few of my Tics from years ago.    A few of my Tics from years ago.   EmptySat Oct 12, 2013 2:59 am

One thing the military (well, maybe not right now...) used to be good for is the regular paychecks.
I was spoiled by the Navy for 13 years and was pushed in the cold water of civilian jobs in the middle of the resession. It's almost like jumping in a pool where you don't know if it's filled with water.

It took me quiet a few years to shake off the military thinking and straighten out my whole life. The life you're used to stops from one paycheck to the (maybe) next. I think it was awesome of you to sell your own collection for sakes of the rescue. I know myself and would have THE hardest time to sell one/all of my collection...
Back to top Go down
http://www.hamptonroadscritters.com
Deedle
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Deedle

PostSubject: Re: A few of my Tics from years ago.    A few of my Tics from years ago.   EmptySat Oct 12, 2013 5:57 am

mamasmarco wrote:
One thing the military (well, maybe not right now...) used to be good for is the regular paychecks.
I was spoiled by the Navy for 13 years and was pushed in the cold water of civilian jobs in the middle of the resession. It's almost like jumping in a pool where you don't know if it's filled with water.

It took me quiet a few years to shake off the military thinking and straighten out my whole life. The life you're used to stops from one paycheck to the (maybe) next. I think it was awesome of you to sell your own collection for sakes of the rescue. I know myself and would have THE hardest time to sell one/all of my collection...
Truthfully my collection sold payed for the rescue for just a few months long enough for me to adopt out everything. I miss having Retics, and while these Ball Pythons are cool I don't quite know if I want to get any more into them I'd love to get into some dwarf Retics soon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A few of my Tics from years ago.    A few of my Tics from years ago.   Empty

Back to top Go down

A few of my Tics from years ago.
Page 1 of 1