VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Bearded dragon help

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
jgard
Established Member
Established Member
jgard

Bearded dragon help Empty
PostSubject: Bearded dragon help   Bearded dragon help EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 9:48 pm

I was cleaning my reptile enclosures today and I noticed that one of my beardies had some blood on one of his front legs. I watched him for a while and he seems fine but is just kind of dragging the leg. He also had a toe nail that was hanging on by the skin. I cleaned up the blood and the toe nail came off. I think he may have fallen and just hurt the leg or something. Does anybody know what I can do for him other than watch? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Back to top Go down
dsteamn
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

Bearded dragon help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bearded dragon help   Bearded dragon help EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 3:34 am

If he's still dragging his leg, he may need to see a vet. If its just a toe issue, clean it with a 50/50
solution of peroxide and water. Once it closes up, you can rub it down with emu oil until it completely heals.

Good luck.
Back to top Go down

Bearded dragon help
Page 1 of 1