VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Bearded Dragon diet

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
gDragon8
gDragon8

Bearded Dragon diet Empty
PostSubject: Bearded Dragon diet   Bearded Dragon diet EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 2:11 pm

I was just wondering if anyone had suggestions on bearded dragon diet. My girl wont eat mustard greens or kale she will only eat romaine lettuce (i cut all of the spines and hard out of it). Any other suggestions to leafy greens?
As far as other foods, she loves sweet potatoes, peas, and yellow peppers. She wont eat strawberries, carrots, apples, or blueberries. Any other suggestions as what I should try?
I feel like im always feeding her the same things every day.
And she also eats about 4 dozen crickets a week.
Back to top Go down
Don

PostSubject: Re: Bearded Dragon diet   Bearded Dragon diet EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 2:18 pm

squash! Also, have you tried dubia roaches, superworms or horn worms?
Back to top Go down
http://www.PlethoraOfPythons.com
Jabberwocky Dragons
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
Jabberwocky Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Bearded Dragon diet   Bearded Dragon diet EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 2:27 pm

x2 with what Don said. Ours love yellow squash and Dubias.
Back to top Go down
http://www.JabberwockyDragons.com
gDragon8
gDragon8

PostSubject: Re: Bearded Dragon diet   Bearded Dragon diet EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 2:37 pm

I completely forgot I tried squash once and she did like that!
I havent tried anything other than crickets ill have to look into it!
Have you all tried any other leafy greens?
Back to top Go down
Jabberwocky Dragons
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
Jabberwocky Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Bearded Dragon diet   Bearded Dragon diet EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 3:48 pm

We feed collard greens, mustard greens, and a variety of leafy greens mix (comes from Costco, don't know exactly what's in it). However, ours like Romaine lettuce the best and will often ignore the others (especially collard and mustard) for it.

If they are happy eating Romaine (along with squash and other veggies) I wouldn't be too concerned about the leafy greens variety.
Back to top Go down
http://www.JabberwockyDragons.com
muttmommy

PostSubject: Re: Bearded Dragon diet   Bearded Dragon diet EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 11:18 pm

Mine like turnip green & mustard greens. You could put some fresh chopped cilantro in the mix too. The aroma can get them going with the greens. dandelions and cactus pads are popular too with mine. Beardies can tend to get picky....good luck :-)
Back to top Go down
http://www.bonesnbellyrubs.com
gDragon8
gDragon8

PostSubject: Re: Bearded Dragon diet   Bearded Dragon diet EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 8:38 pm

She has become very picky! knows what she likes and what she doesnt!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bearded Dragon diet   Bearded Dragon diet Empty

Back to top Go down

Bearded Dragon diet
Page 1 of 1