VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

need advise asap

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
dj6884
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
dj6884

need advise asap Empty
PostSubject: need advise asap   need advise asap EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 9:15 pm

i have a female normal bp that i got from a reputable pet store a month or so ago i put her in a box with a medium rat and she ate it she hasnt eaten since she was 1165 when i got her now she is 893 grams ive had her looked at and both places i took her said she was fine no ri or anything but when i put a mouse in to see if she would take that she ran from it the rat didnt bite her last time but she refuses to eat i know they go off feed this time of year but 300 grams lost seems a little bit too much weight loss any help would be great thanks
Back to top Go down
jw
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
jw

need advise asap Empty
PostSubject: Re: need advise asap   need advise asap EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 10:49 pm

What are the temperatures within the enclosure?
Back to top Go down
smd58
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
smd58

need advise asap Empty
PostSubject: Re: need advise asap   need advise asap EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 10:56 pm

GREAAT QUESTION JW, was typing that at the same time as you.
Back to top Go down
dj6884
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
dj6884

need advise asap Empty
PostSubject: Re: need advise asap   need advise asap EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 11:21 pm

my rack is being shipped right now but she and my other female are in a plastic 41qt tub with a heat light over it the gun is telling me around 86 to 87 degrees in their tub but they both stay on the cooler side of the tub my big female has eaten great this one doesent want to eat at all
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

need advise asap Empty
PostSubject: Re: need advise asap   need advise asap EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 12:23 pm

That's not that much weight to lose if whe has went #1 & #2 since you got her. I bought a 1300 females a long time ago and she lost over 250grams just emptying herself out. She may still be acclimating and/or going off feed which is typical this time of year. My brother only has two females off feed and I just had my first one go off for the year. Also, while a medium rat would be debateable as an appropriate sized meal, I would not offer a meal that big to a new, acclimating snake. I would try a weaning and work her up as she's comfortable.

But like I told my brother, the hot spot doesn't mean jack in the winter time. It's the ambient temps that make the bigger difference. You can have a hot spot of 95 but if you keep the roome at 65-70, those ambient temp changes are enough to let them know the cold is coming. This year I have been jacking the room temps to 80 and will lower them to 75 after Dec 31.
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
Sponsored content

need advise asap Empty
PostSubject: Re: need advise asap   need advise asap Empty

Back to top Go down

need advise asap
Page 1 of 1