VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Advice?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Jaded_Heart
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
Jaded_Heart

Advice? Empty
PostSubject: Advice?   Advice? EmptyTue May 06, 2014 7:32 pm

So, I have an empty Exo Terra, it's the 18x18x18.  I miss having snakes, so I want one but I'd like one that stays small enough for that tank.  I know that limits me a lot, and I have been leaning strongly towards a W.Hognose.  

Would that be suitable for a Hognose through to adulthood?  

Are there any other species that can be considered? (I'd like to only look at species that can be handled and aren't too flighty)

We have this guy at work and I am SOOO tempted, he's adorable!!!

Advice? _mg_9010
Advice? _mg_9011
Back to top Go down
http://www.iherp.com/PrymalReptile
smd58
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
smd58

Advice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice?   Advice? EmptyTue May 06, 2014 8:07 pm

I would say a male hog yes. But not a female as I have females that are over 2 feet.
Back to top Go down
RalphMills
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
RalphMills

Advice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice?   Advice? EmptyTue May 06, 2014 8:53 pm

Could also look into African House Snakes.  Males average around 24-30 inches and stay slender. Females get larger. Some claim they are the easiest snake to keep in captivity.
Back to top Go down
bcr229
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
bcr229

Advice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice?   Advice? EmptyTue May 06, 2014 10:04 pm

I love my little hognose! Even if you did get one it would be quite a while before he outgrew that enclosure, which then gives you an excuse to get another snake when he gets moved to something larger...  Smile 
Back to top Go down
http://www.ExtremeFirepower.com/
Sponsored content

Advice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice?   Advice? Empty

Back to top Go down

Advice?
Page 1 of 1