VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

in need of advice

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
JJ Reptile
JJ Reptile

in need of advice Empty
PostSubject: in need of advice   in need of advice EmptyTue Feb 11, 2014 1:50 am

I have a young leopard gecko. N been shedding quite regularly . I have noticed that he/she has a slight issue shedding.

I have a heat pad under his/her enclosure, I have the water container for humidity , but he still has an issue shedding.

I tried misting him/her, which he/she hates

Any ideas or suggestions?
Back to top Go down
jamielynn
jamielynn

in need of advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: in need of advice   in need of advice EmptyTue Feb 11, 2014 2:28 am

When our leos have issues shedding I put them in a tub of like Luke warm water that is shallow enough so they don't have to hold their head up and close it with a lid to help them soak and that seems to help a lot, as well as using a wet q-tip and lightly rolling it over their eyes or head, or wherever the shed is stuck.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Zs.Reptile.House2013
allaboutthekings
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
allaboutthekings

in need of advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: in need of advice   in need of advice EmptyTue Feb 11, 2014 7:15 am

If you get a moist hide that will solve all your shedding issues. You can use any kind of plastic container( rubbermaid sandwich containers work well) Even deli cups for smaller geckos. It will help them shed and keep them from losing their toes as well. They also will lay their eggs there too. Its really easy and will save you a lot of trouble. Just mist down the hide with a spray bottle every few days and use a substrate that won't mold.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

in need of advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: in need of advice   in need of advice Empty

Back to top Go down

in need of advice
Page 1 of 1