VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Need some Breeders advice

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
sic_anger
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
sic_anger

Need some Breeders advice Empty
PostSubject: Need some Breeders advice   Need some Breeders advice EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 2:20 am

I was cleaning out cages and feeding, pulle out my female thats been with a male alot lately and when looking her over i found this? looks like the vent scale is broke and a clasper is missing. An the 4 scales before the vent have a brown coloring on the edges. Do females some times lose that vent scale during breeding? and is the browning of the scales a normal thing when they lay locked for hours? or is it more of a sign of scale rot? any advice would be great this is my first year trying to breed and i've had no luck and with moving thinking of calling it off for this year. Need some Breeders advice Sam_0610
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: Need some Breeders advice   Need some Breeders advice EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 2:48 am

I'm not sure what it is around the cloaca but I haven't had any issues like that with a female after breeding. One of the first morphs I bought came in with a little belly rot and the tips of the scales looked like yours. I treated it every few days with triple antibiotic cream and kept him on clean paper towels. I put a small bowl of water that he could not soak in and it came off with the next shed. What type of bedding are you breeding them on?
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
sic_anger
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
sic_anger

PostSubject: Re: Need some Breeders advice   Need some Breeders advice EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 2:50 am

Paper towels
Back to top Go down
sic_anger
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
sic_anger

PostSubject: Re: Need some Breeders advice   Need some Breeders advice EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 2:54 am

and a lady in know back home that runs a rescue she said it looked fine yes the vent scale is broke but should't effect her. and neither will the clasper but she said if i was worried about the scales to rub them down with iodin every few days. just to be safe.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need some Breeders advice   Need some Breeders advice Empty

Back to top Go down

Need some Breeders advice
Page 1 of 1