VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

breeding options....

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ezekiel21
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
ezekiel21

breeding options.... Empty
PostSubject: breeding options....   breeding options.... EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 4:27 am

ok, so I am starting to look at what I will be breeding next year and the following year. I need a GOOD female..... but i can't decide what would be a good choice. I've been saving some money and I'm going to continue to save some more cause I want a relatively nice snake. What do you guys think would be a smart buy? It can be one or more females, just FYI I'm in the military and I dont have all that much money...... I'm looking at about $1200-$1400, so dont suggest something that is a few thousand... cause it ain't happening. This is most of my "stock"

breedable next year: (2012)
1.0 spider
1.0 ghost
1.0 pastel het pied
1.0 het clown
1.0 black pastel
1.0 albino
1.0 pastel
0.3 normals
breedable the following year: (2013)
0.1 pastel
0.1 spider
1.1 het pied
0.1 het albino

any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ezekiel21
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
ezekiel21

PostSubject: Re: breeding options....   breeding options.... EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 4:31 am

oh and i have a snow project that im working with on the side..... not really taking it serious, but maybe i should. ive got 1.4 poss het snow. they prob wont be ready till 2013 at the earliest (the females at least) although two of them are total pigs, lol. like i said, im just playing with it.... not really taking it seriously.
Back to top Go down
ezekiel21
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
ezekiel21

PostSubject: Re: breeding options....   breeding options.... EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 5:52 am

i feel like im talking to myself, lol. i think i want a female lesser. everything ive seen with lesser in it i like, a lot. pastel lessers are pretty cool looking..... maybe i could get a female lesser het pied?? a bit pricey tho, unless i got a baby. but then id have to wait a while b4 i could use it. hmmmm...... but if i did get one i could breed it to my pastel het pied..... pastel lesser pied? 6.25% chance, if im not mistaken. not a very good chance, especially cause im VERY unlucky. and then there is a 18.75% chance for a normal, of course they would be 66% het pied. now im just mumbling....... mumbling to myself no less. imma stop posting for tonight, lol.
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: breeding options....   breeding options.... EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 9:04 am

Lesser cinnamon or if you search, you might be able to get a female desert for that price. I'd run every dom male you have by her Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: breeding options....   breeding options.... EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 9:20 am

I take it all back. Maybe a well started calico female?
Back to top Go down
Jabberwocky Dragons
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
Jabberwocky Dragons

PostSubject: Re: breeding options....   breeding options.... EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 9:22 am

Lesser cinnamons are really nice. I though that female deserts did not lay viable eggs though. Or at the very least, that your running a huge gamble.
Back to top Go down
http://www.JabberwockyDragons.com
Jabberwocky Dragons
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
Jabberwocky Dragons

PostSubject: Re: breeding options....   breeding options.... EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 9:24 am

I'm personally partial to any of the bee morphs, killer bees, lesser bees, pewter bees, etc. I think they should be around that price or even less.
Back to top Go down
ezekiel21
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
ezekiel21

PostSubject: Re: breeding options....   breeding options.... EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 9:45 am

i do like the lesser cinnys, but i think i like the lesser bees more Very Happy ugh!! idk!!! lol
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: breeding options....   breeding options.... EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 10:16 am

Jabberwocky Dragons wrote:
Lesser cinnamons are really nice. I though that female deserts did not lay viable eggs though. Or at the very least, that your running a huge gamble.

I think that was the word going around but PE released something a while back saying they didn't have a problem after fixing some temp issues, I think. I have to find the article.
Back to top Go down
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
smb2585

PostSubject: Re: breeding options....   breeding options.... EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 11:18 am

Oh Brian and are on the same page with the bee thing however we are going for lesser cinnamon this year or Kingpin... if we are lucky we will get either of those?
Back to top Go down
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
smb2585

PostSubject: Re: breeding options....   breeding options.... EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 11:21 am

Ryan I Emailed you.
Back to top Go down
Jabberwocky Dragons
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
Jabberwocky Dragons

PostSubject: Re: breeding options....   breeding options.... EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 12:43 pm

Quote :
I think that was the word going around but PE released something a while back saying they didn't have a problem after fixing some temp issues, I think. I have to find the article.

That would be interesting. I read that one breeder had succeeded in a single clutch using the temp method but nothing has been proven. I could also only find second and third hand opinions and hearsay. The article would be a great read!

Quote :
however we are going for lesser cinnamon this year or Kingpin

I really like the lesser and lesser combinations too.

I think my project focus is going to be producing codom pieds in the next few years. I wish the spider had more variability though when combined with pied. I assume any spider when crossed with pied will give the solid white body? No matter what other codom genes are added on?
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: breeding options....   breeding options.... EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 12:48 pm

Back to top Go down
Jabberwocky Dragons
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
Jabberwocky Dragons

PostSubject: Re: breeding options....   breeding options.... EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 1:19 pm

Thanks for the links Nick. The first two were interesting. PE's females still threw slugs but his customer was successful so maybe they did discover a way. I read part of the third one and that was pretty informative too!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: breeding options....   breeding options.... Empty

Back to top Go down

breeding options....
Page 1 of 1