VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Another Slash on our Hobby

Go down 
+3
jw
TheRealYoda34
sic_anger
7 posters
AuthorMessage
sic_anger
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
sic_anger

Another Slash on our Hobby Empty
PostSubject: Another Slash on our Hobby   Another Slash on our Hobby EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 2:35 am

Back to top Go down
TheRealYoda34
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
TheRealYoda34

PostSubject: Re: Another Slash on our Hobby   Another Slash on our Hobby EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 8:49 am

Ok, so although they said it seemed like these reptiles were not being cared for... That does not mean they weren't... I mean think about a rack system, if someone walked in and saw a rack system they would think that the snakes are not being given what they need, no light shinning through, no cool enclosures, not realizing that that set up is actually better for the reptile... And then the "neighbor". all it takes is one of our kids to be walking around the block and bam they are gone...

I hate these stories...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Zs.Reptile.House2013
sic_anger
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
sic_anger

PostSubject: Re: Another Slash on our Hobby   Another Slash on our Hobby EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 12:29 pm

I hate all the Negativity the media shows on the hobby, not once do they share the positive stuff
Back to top Go down
jw
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
jw

PostSubject: Re: Another Slash on our Hobby   Another Slash on our Hobby EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 1:12 pm

Unfortunately, we continue to pound the nails into the coffin of our own hobby.
Back to top Go down
Southern_Comfort_Reptiles
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: Another Slash on our Hobby   Another Slash on our Hobby EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 1:47 pm

Sigh No 
Back to top Go down
TheRealYoda34
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
TheRealYoda34

PostSubject: Re: Another Slash on our Hobby   Another Slash on our Hobby EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 3:28 pm

Very true, very true... It sucks
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Zs.Reptile.House2013
smd58
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
smd58

PostSubject: Re: Another Slash on our Hobby   Another Slash on our Hobby EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 4:47 pm

The positive is not news, in our choice of pets. You don't see a lot of good dog/cat news. More yes but not a lot. Why is that? Its not news! I only know a few reptile people that try to educate people about them. And then it is mostly in schools, and younger people. I myself hide my hobbie from my neighbors. Why I don't want to be the next story.
Back to top Go down
Deedle
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Deedle

PostSubject: Re: Another Slash on our Hobby   Another Slash on our Hobby EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 8:12 pm

People fear what they don't understand.

Just like you hear so much negativity about dog breeds, it takes one bad one to label them all.
Back to top Go down
scalyfoot
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

PostSubject: Re: Another Slash on our Hobby   Another Slash on our Hobby EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 9:00 pm

Let's not mince words. Sometimes people are just plain stupid in the way they deal with their pets. That stupidity frequently leads to negative publicity, and then the public judges the many by the few.
Some people just don't have the sense God gave a billy goat. Unfortunately, there is nothing to prevent those people from owning pets.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another Slash on our Hobby   Another Slash on our Hobby Empty

Back to top Go down

Another Slash on our Hobby
Page 1 of 1