VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hello Getting back into the hobby

Go down 
+6
Southern_Comfort_Reptiles
megkel
sic_anger
zues
Grymm
Deedle
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Deedle
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Deedle

Hello Getting back into the hobby Empty
PostSubject: Hello Getting back into the hobby   Hello Getting back into the hobby EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 4:29 pm

Hello,

Former Hobbyist here, had to part ways with what I had left in my collection a few years ago when I got out of the military and jobs were hard to come by.  It's been years the temptation of the hobby has been around me several times but life was never stable it took everything to keep my Wolf and Shepherd at times alone.  

Mostly were into Retics, and while I say get back in the Hobby, can't get into in depth that I was, my son is turning 6 years old this month and he really wants a couple snakes, hes seen some he really likes (Spider Ball Python, Pastel Ball Python, Pied though thats a bit out of budget, and even an Albino Boa.)

I know hes young, and this is a lot of responsibility for him, basically it will be my responsibility but he has the joy of  interaction with the animal from time to time (he has a strong bond with animals at a young age already) and this is what he wants for his 6th Birthday (pretty cool at least I think so)

Hello Getting back into the hobby 100_1413

Hello Getting back into the hobby 100_0640
Back to top Go down
Grymm
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
Grymm

PostSubject: Re: Hello Getting back into the hobby   Hello Getting back into the hobby EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 5:27 pm

Welcome some good looking retics you had
Back to top Go down
http://www.grymmexotics.com/
zues
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
zues

PostSubject: Re: Hello Getting back into the hobby   Hello Getting back into the hobby EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 5:37 pm

When is his birthday?
Back to top Go down
sic_anger
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
sic_anger

PostSubject: Re: Hello Getting back into the hobby   Hello Getting back into the hobby EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 6:13 pm

welcome to the group. My kids all have their own snakes Anna 7- Crested Gecko and Ball python, Kevan 4- Beardie and Ball python, Bridgit 2- corn snake. and your right they enjoy them...i'm stuck caring for them lol
Back to top Go down
megkel
Established Member
Established Member
megkel

PostSubject: Re: Hello Getting back into the hobby   Hello Getting back into the hobby EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 6:48 pm

Welcome Smile I also keep retics and other larger constrictors. Those two are very nice, tigers is the best morph out there. My daughter is 7 and has three of her own snakes. I make her clean up after them and feed them, with supervision. She has 2 corn snakes and a sand boa. She really wants a red tail though.
Back to top Go down
Southern_Comfort_Reptiles
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: Hello Getting back into the hobby   Hello Getting back into the hobby EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 7:27 pm

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
Deedle
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Deedle

PostSubject: Re: Hello Getting back into the hobby   Hello Getting back into the hobby EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 7:28 pm

Thanks for all of the replies!

Grymm - Thank you they were a big part and what really started my addiction to this hobby at one time. The big girl got right to 19' in length.

Zues - 19th of August, but he has a party a couple days before

sic_anger & megkel glad to see I won't be the only one here! I'll make my son help me out for a while getting him into it.
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: Hello Getting back into the hobby   Hello Getting back into the hobby EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 7:49 pm

Welcome to VaHerps!
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
Deedle
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Deedle

PostSubject: Re: Hello Getting back into the hobby   Hello Getting back into the hobby EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 11:18 am

Thanks picked up the newest member of our family today.  And an official back into the Hobby.

I sent Don an E-mail and he was very helpful and we picked up an amazing little guy, a '12 Bumble Bee. Without actually hearing the name of it my son picked him out and named him Bumble Bee.

Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: Hello Getting back into the hobby   Hello Getting back into the hobby EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 12:22 pm

Congrats!
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
smd58
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
smd58

PostSubject: Re: Hello Getting back into the hobby   Hello Getting back into the hobby EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 9:33 pm

Welcome
Back to top Go down
Lokielani
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
Lokielani

PostSubject: Re: Hello Getting back into the hobby   Hello Getting back into the hobby EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 10:32 pm

Hi Smile
Back to top Go down
Class43
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
Class43

PostSubject: Re: Hello Getting back into the hobby   Hello Getting back into the hobby EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 3:56 am

Welcome :-)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello Getting back into the hobby   Hello Getting back into the hobby Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello Getting back into the hobby
Page 1 of 1