VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

NEED HELP ASAP

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
dj6884
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
dj6884

NEED HELP ASAP Empty
PostSubject: NEED HELP ASAP   NEED HELP ASAP EmptyThu May 30, 2013 10:31 am

my firefly hatchling was hatched on 5 13 13 and she hasnt shed at all yet all the other hatchllings have shed and ate but her what do i do she didnt absorb all her yolk and she def didnt shed and havnt seen her even blue up yet pleas help she is doing very well just no shed
Back to top Go down
Don

NEED HELP ASAP Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEED HELP ASAP   NEED HELP ASAP EmptyThu May 30, 2013 10:37 am

The best thing you can do is keep her in the incubator on a damp paper towel. Is there any brown fluid in the egg? If so, get some distilled water (or saline is even better). Leave it in the incubator to warm up to the temperature inside the incubator. Then gently wash out the brown fluid.

I keep all of my hatchlings in the incubator on a damp paper towel until they shed. Then I separate them into individual baby tubs.
Back to top Go down
http://www.PlethoraOfPythons.com
dj6884
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
dj6884

NEED HELP ASAP Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEED HELP ASAP   NEED HELP ASAP EmptyThu May 30, 2013 10:43 am

she has already been out of the egg for two weeks or so the other hatchlings have had two meals and she still hasnt shed and is on damp thick paper towels ive bred many babies and never have come across one that hasnt shed out when the others have and eaten two meals
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

NEED HELP ASAP Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEED HELP ASAP   NEED HELP ASAP EmptyThu May 30, 2013 11:54 am

I'd give it some more time. Every year I have at least 10% that don't eat the first month and at least one or two that wants to take longer.
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
dj6884
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
dj6884

NEED HELP ASAP Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEED HELP ASAP   NEED HELP ASAP EmptyFri May 31, 2013 9:28 am

well she keeps drying out so bad from not having her first shed i have to keep wet paper towels in their all the time its just weird she shows no sighns of shedding im just worried being ive never had a hatchling not shed for this long and is it safe to constantly keep her on wet paper towels if i dont she drys out bad
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

NEED HELP ASAP Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEED HELP ASAP   NEED HELP ASAP EmptyFri May 31, 2013 9:37 am

Just keep an eye on her belly. I would get a tube of Equate/Neosporin triple antibiotic cream withOUT the added pain relief. It will help keep bacteria off of it and keep the body moist with a thin layer applied every other day.
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
dj6884
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
dj6884

NEED HELP ASAP Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEED HELP ASAP   NEED HELP ASAP EmptyFri May 31, 2013 9:52 am

ok thankyou for all you guys help even thought this is my 10th clutch i still have lots to learn i apreciate every advise given
Back to top Go down
zues
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
zues

NEED HELP ASAP Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEED HELP ASAP   NEED HELP ASAP EmptyFri May 31, 2013 12:40 pm

They are fine on damp papertowels. Just keep the papertowels clean. Some people keep them in the incubator untill they shed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

NEED HELP ASAP Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEED HELP ASAP   NEED HELP ASAP Empty

Back to top Go down

NEED HELP ASAP
Page 1 of 1