VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

snake shops in va

Go down 
+7
smd58
Jabberwocky Dragons
byrd'sballs
ezekiel21
Don
smb2585
ax2austin
11 posters
AuthorMessage
ax2austin
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
ax2austin

snake shops in va Empty
PostSubject: snake shops in va   snake shops in va EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 8:24 pm

trying to find reptile stores besides pet paradise and animal jungle. nothing against them but im just curious what else is out there. also if anyone can hook me up with a spyder or pin strip bp for e reasonable price please let me know. im planiing on starting a bp breeding project. we could work something out im sure with the clutch if interested in maybe lowering the price of either of these.
Back to top Go down
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
smb2585

snake shops in va Empty
PostSubject: Re: snake shops in va   snake shops in va EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 7:44 am

simply pets in chesapeake... its not as big as animal jungle or pet paradise but they have better pricing on some supplies.
Back to top Go down
ax2austin
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
ax2austin

snake shops in va Empty
PostSubject: Re: snake shops in va   snake shops in va EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 8:30 am

probably stop there this evening then and check it out.
Back to top Go down
Don

snake shops in va Empty
PostSubject: Re: snake shops in va   snake shops in va EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 9:25 am

I've got lots of spider and spider morphs that are available. Our inventory is listed on our facebook page.
Back to top Go down
http://www.PlethoraOfPythons.com
ax2austin
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
ax2austin

snake shops in va Empty
PostSubject: Re: snake shops in va   snake shops in va EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 10:27 am

i just checked it out. aprox how many grams are the 2 female spyders right now? and how far from norfolk are you. i get paid this week and picking one up could be a real possibility
Back to top Go down
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
smb2585

snake shops in va Empty
PostSubject: Re: snake shops in va   snake shops in va EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 11:54 am

The Richmond show is this weekend too! I believe Don said he is vending it so you could probably pick it up from him there. Its roughly 1.5-2 hrs from here depending on traffic and such.
Back to top Go down
ax2austin
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
ax2austin

snake shops in va Empty
PostSubject: Re: snake shops in va   snake shops in va EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 12:11 pm

yea i really want to go to it but i gotta see how my funds are. just had to sink money into my car. plus i have duty this weekend. but im gonna try like hell to make it there. never been to one yet. find deals there?
Back to top Go down
ezekiel21
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
ezekiel21

snake shops in va Empty
PostSubject: Re: snake shops in va   snake shops in va EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 1:30 pm

im hoping to find some good deals there. i want a het clown female to go with my male and maybe something else Smile
Back to top Go down
byrd'sballs
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
byrd'sballs

snake shops in va Empty
PostSubject: Re: snake shops in va   snake shops in va EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 1:44 pm

Simply pets has ridiculous prices on ball pythons. Some one told me to check that store out and I did. They are selling a 2011 male mojave for 360 bucks.
Back to top Go down
Jabberwocky Dragons
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
Jabberwocky Dragons

snake shops in va Empty
PostSubject: Re: snake shops in va   snake shops in va EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 1:48 pm

We've been at least once to most every place in Hampton Roads and I think Pet Paradise is way ahead of every other store. Not to say some of the others aren't good, just not really comparable for reptiles or birds.
Back to top Go down
http://www.JabberwockyDragons.com
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
smb2585

snake shops in va Empty
PostSubject: Re: snake shops in va   snake shops in va EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 1:57 pm

Yea we still to Pet Paradise for most of our stuff... as for supplies we used to go to simply pets (for hides and such) but we picked up a bunch at Tinley.

You can find decent deals on Shows... it just depends what you are looking for and if the buy is motivated to sell it or not.. sometimes people have some that if they sell they sell if not they will keep them and use them for future projects...

We have been to quite a few shows... we have never really been disappointed on anything... just dont LOW BALL the vendors...
Back to top Go down
Jabberwocky Dragons
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
Jabberwocky Dragons

snake shops in va Empty
PostSubject: Re: snake shops in va   snake shops in va EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 4:08 pm

Simply pets is a good place too. I agree though, you can't beat shows for deals, especially on certain supplies. So far we've only been to the Chesapeake one, (WILL make it to Daytona one day!!!!), but even that tiny show had a steal on a lot of basic supplies.
Back to top Go down
ax2austin
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
ax2austin

snake shops in va Empty
PostSubject: Re: snake shops in va   snake shops in va EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 4:24 pm

yea i went to simply pets yesterday. it is pretty good little shop. but i dont think im gonna be able to make it to the richmond expo. i want to go like crazy but car is givin me a hard time so by the time i done messin around with that im only gonna have a couple hundreds bucks. i wish i had a friend that wanted to go. i would ride down for sure.
Back to top Go down
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
smb2585

snake shops in va Empty
PostSubject: Re: snake shops in va   snake shops in va EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 6:15 pm

I heard that they may do away with the Daytona show and replace it with the Myrtle Beach one... I may have heard wrong but a few people have told us that...
Back to top Go down
Jabberwocky Dragons
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
Jabberwocky Dragons

snake shops in va Empty
PostSubject: Re: snake shops in va   snake shops in va EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 6:59 pm

That would be great if they did. While still far, Myrtle Beach is much more doable for us than Daytona.
Back to top Go down
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
smb2585

snake shops in va Empty
PostSubject: Re: snake shops in va   snake shops in va EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 10:55 am

We drove to Myrtle Beach in July for the first show. Took about 6 hours including stopping at South of The Border for Fire Works
cryingwithlaughter
Back to top Go down
smd58
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
smd58

snake shops in va Empty
PostSubject: Re: snake shops in va   snake shops in va EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 12:35 am

I like it in Myrtle Beach, got a brother in law there = a place to stay.
Back to top Go down
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
smb2585

snake shops in va Empty
PostSubject: Re: snake shops in va   snake shops in va EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 9:24 am

Me too ... after going to the show I wanted to move there Smile
Back to top Go down
DaganGecko
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
DaganGecko

snake shops in va Empty
PostSubject: Re: snake shops in va   snake shops in va EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 4:10 pm

I didn't get to go to the Myrtle Beach show....with no money, I figured it would be torture!
Back to top Go down
http://www.iherp.com/Public/ShowUser.aspx?UserId=5fb7c078-e6af-4
smd58
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
smd58

snake shops in va Empty
PostSubject: Re: snake shops in va   snake shops in va EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 10:29 pm

smb2585 wrote:
Me too ... after going to the show I wanted to move there Smile

I hear you we went out on the lake, found some great houses, so nice and layed back.
and DaganGecko it is torture but it looks soooo good. Its fun to see whats out there, so I can add to my wish list.
Back to top Go down
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
smb2585

snake shops in va Empty
PostSubject: Re: snake shops in va   snake shops in va EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 12:35 pm

We didn't buy anything when we went to Myrtle Beach. We left at like 2am, arrived, went to the show and drove home same day. We only went to the Sunday day of show. But it was a nice drive... we didnt do alot of site seeing while we were there though.
Back to top Go down
anacondaman123

snake shops in va Empty
PostSubject: Re: snake shops in va   snake shops in va EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 6:41 pm

I was told simply pets is ran by one of the wifes brothers through pet paradise..there a joined family company
Back to top Go down
smd58
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
smd58

snake shops in va Empty
PostSubject: Re: snake shops in va   snake shops in va EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 8:20 pm

I belive its the son of the owners of pet paradise. He was a sales rep for wardleys i think it was.
Back to top Go down
anacondaman123

snake shops in va Empty
PostSubject: Re: snake shops in va   snake shops in va EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 8:27 pm

Theres like 4 brothers pretty much running it
Back to top Go down
Foster Reves
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

snake shops in va Empty
PostSubject: Re: snake shops in va   snake shops in va EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 11:35 pm

smb2585 wrote:
I heard that they may do away with the Daytona show and replace it with the Myrtle Beach one... I may have heard wrong but a few people have told us that...

That rumor has been going around to some degree but the fact is the two shows are organized by different firms. Daytona has better years than others depending on what you are in the market for however the fact remains that some very rare species can be found there. It is not uncommon for international vendors to setup at the National breeders Expo. The Myrtle Beach show is just another Repticon. This is not to say that it could not eventually turn into something larger however. To add a response to the original question one of my favorite stores in central Va is Pets and Aquatic Warehouse in Lynchburg. Their prices are high but in my experience this is true of all brick and mortar businesses, after all they have a lot of overhead to pay. If you are looking for best prices then the internet and trade shows are the way to go.
Chip
Back to top Go down
Morta_Dae13
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

snake shops in va Empty
PostSubject: Re: snake shops in va   snake shops in va EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 11:29 am

yea 3 brothers work/run one and the fourth runs the other with his wife. they are more pricey though, and she can be a hatefull thing too. but she has her nice points. but yea i was tlakin to her the other day they breed alot of the snakes and dragons there. atleast thats what she told me, which leaves me to wonder if they do the breeding why are they so over priced compaired to other stores? lol but both stores and owners are pretty cool so its ok
Back to top Go down
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
smb2585

snake shops in va Empty
PostSubject: Re: snake shops in va   snake shops in va EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 11:35 am

The local of Simply Pets may be more convenient to someone that lives out in Deep Creek or Western Branch area of Chesapeake as opposed to going to Independence in VA Beach...

We havent been to any of the stores lately unless we are buying rats and mice... otherwise we buy all of our snakes from breeders becaues all Pet Stores prices can be a little ridiculous especially if you know someone who has what you want.
Back to top Go down
anacondaman123

snake shops in va Empty
PostSubject: Re: snake shops in va   snake shops in va EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 2:50 pm

All pet is crwzy rediculous..i usually buy my reptiles out of syate or craiglist..half the time stores cost to mich or dont know enough about the specied getting poor care
Back to top Go down
anacondaman123

snake shops in va Empty
PostSubject: Re: snake shops in va   snake shops in va EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 2:52 pm

Urg iphones..crazy, state, much ,species
Back to top Go down
ezekiel21
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
ezekiel21

snake shops in va Empty
PostSubject: Re: snake shops in va   snake shops in va EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 3:23 pm

anacondaman123 wrote:
Urg iphones..crazy, state, much ,species

Lol
Back to top Go down
smd58
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
smd58

snake shops in va Empty
PostSubject: Re: snake shops in va   snake shops in va EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 4:24 pm

I just thought you spelled as good as i do. cryingwithlaughter
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

snake shops in va Empty
PostSubject: Re: snake shops in va   snake shops in va Empty

Back to top Go down

snake shops in va
Page 1 of 1