VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Source of Feeders

Go down 
+3
derpinah
Focal
ClarkeReptiles
7 posters
AuthorMessage
ClarkeReptiles
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
ClarkeReptiles

Source of Feeders Empty
PostSubject: Source of Feeders   Source of Feeders EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 1:41 pm

While I am beginning to breed small numbers of rodents (I literally only have 6 females and not all of them are breeding size) I simply cannot breed the kind of numbers I need to support my collection. Once I move into my own house, I'll have the space needed for such a project. For now, I buy in bulk from RodentPro. I have not had to do an order since August and I just went online to get a price quote for an order and what normally costs me just over 200 with shipping is now costing almost $300! The prices have increased significantly.

Does anyone know where I can get rodents locally that will not cost an arm and a leg? Or a non-local source that ships?

My usual orders are 80 small rats, 5 large rats, 100 hopper mice, and 50 large mice (though I may get 100 large mice on my next order as my smaller snakes are starting to grow out of them. I won't need hopper mice until eggs hatch in the summer) My orders not not scheduled as it really depends on how fast my collection goes through them.

I'm very tempted to do some rearranging in my apartment and start breeding rodents on a larger scale, but my apartment complex doesn't even know about the reptiles. I doubt they'd be happy to discover rodents too.
Back to top Go down
http://clarkereptiles.weebly.com/
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

Source of Feeders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Source of Feeders   Source of Feeders EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 2:51 pm

I've heard good things about Big Cheese but have never had the need to use them. I would try them first if I ever had to.
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
derpinah
Established Member
Established Member
derpinah

Source of Feeders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Source of Feeders   Source of Feeders EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 4:06 pm

Here's a link to Matt Miller's prices. I've never used him, but I see his name pop up often in this forum and it looks like he's out of Richmond.

http://matthewmillerreptiles.com/Feeders.html

Back to top Go down
Don

Source of Feeders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Source of Feeders   Source of Feeders EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 4:14 pm

Big Cheese is low on inventory. In the Richmond Area, you might want to try Matt Miller, he may be able to help. If not, the next best supplier in the area is Hampton Mousery, though Robert can be a bit gruff.
Back to top Go down
http://www.PlethoraOfPythons.com
Cp3_Pythons
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Cp3_Pythons

Source of Feeders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Source of Feeders   Source of Feeders EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 7:02 pm

If you need frozen feeder's Matt Miller should be able to help.

Give him a call at 804-641-0247 I believe his website's down at the moment due to hosting problems.
Back to top Go down
crazedone12
Established Member
Established Member
crazedone12

Source of Feeders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Source of Feeders   Source of Feeders EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 3:53 pm

i go through matt miller for most of my stuff..excellent deal on prices specailly rabbits and pigs for bigger snakes
Back to top Go down
mamasmarco
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
mamasmarco

Source of Feeders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Source of Feeders   Source of Feeders EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 4:46 am

Hey there,
I just browsed around and saw that you needed/might still need quiet large amounts of feeders. Well, my breeding project is running very well and I have tons of rats right now. If you're still looking for a source let me know and we'll find a way..
Back to top Go down
http://www.hamptonroadscritters.com
Sponsored content

Source of Feeders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Source of Feeders   Source of Feeders Empty

Back to top Go down

Source of Feeders
Page 1 of 1