VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wanted: reliable source of rat - sizes fuzzies to medium

Go down 
+2
ratqueen
mamasmarco
6 posters
AuthorMessage
mamasmarco
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
mamasmarco

Wanted: reliable source of rat - sizes fuzzies to medium Empty
PostSubject: Wanted: reliable source of rat - sizes fuzzies to medium   Wanted: reliable source of rat - sizes fuzzies to medium EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 2:10 am

I'm in need of live feeders. I need rats once a week and can't really afford to drive to Hampton once a week and spend 35$ on feeders at the Hampton Mousery..
Let me know if you have some feeders you might not need or if you're overproducing..

Thanks
Marco
Back to top Go down
http://www.hamptonroadscritters.com
ratqueen
ratqueen

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: reliable source of rat - sizes fuzzies to medium   Wanted: reliable source of rat - sizes fuzzies to medium EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 7:53 pm

I have all sizes of rats from pinkies to jumbos. I am having several litters a week, so I always have plenty. I'm in Virginia Beach if you're interested.
Back to top Go down
Don

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: reliable source of rat - sizes fuzzies to medium   Wanted: reliable source of rat - sizes fuzzies to medium EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 8:11 pm

Also, have you tried Hampton Mousery? They always seem to have a steady supply.
Back to top Go down
http://www.PlethoraOfPythons.com
mamasmarco
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
mamasmarco

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: reliable source of rat - sizes fuzzies to medium   Wanted: reliable source of rat - sizes fuzzies to medium EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 10:41 pm

I actually used to get my feeders from Nick, but he's switching his breeders right now and has 2 clutches hatching soon. Every now and then I went to the Mousery and can say that their quality is pretty decent but compared to Nicks prices too expensive. Plus it's a pain having to go through the HRBT. With no traffic I make it back and forth within 30 minutes. With traffic it takes me 90 minutes to 2 hours sometimes. Nerve wrecking!

Ratqueen what are your prices? I work in VB 2 or 3times a week and could meet up with ya..?
Back to top Go down
ratqueen
ratqueen

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: reliable source of rat - sizes fuzzies to medium   Wanted: reliable source of rat - sizes fuzzies to medium EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 11:02 pm

Pinkies .75
Fuzzies 1.00
crawlers/weaned 1.25
Smalls 1.50
Mediums 2.00
Large 3.00

I just had 6 litters within the last 4 days so I have lots of babies right now. Let me know if you want to get some.
Back to top Go down
Don

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: reliable source of rat - sizes fuzzies to medium   Wanted: reliable source of rat - sizes fuzzies to medium EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 11:23 pm

If you have a large enough order, Hampton Mousery delivers. I think the minimum order for delivery is $50. I've used them when my breeding stock is on rotation and my local guy doesn't have any stock. It beats driving to pick up.
Back to top Go down
http://www.PlethoraOfPythons.com
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: reliable source of rat - sizes fuzzies to medium   Wanted: reliable source of rat - sizes fuzzies to medium EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 11:44 pm

mamasmarco wrote:
I actually used to get my feeders from Nick, but he's switching his breeders right now and has 2 clutches hatching soon. Every now and then I went to the Mousery and can say that their quality is pretty decent but compared to Nicks prices too expensive. Plus it's a pain having to go through the HRBT. With no traffic I make it back and forth within 30 minutes. With traffic it takes me 90 minutes to 2 hours sometimes. Nerve wrecking!

Ratqueen what are your prices? I work in VB 2 or 3times a week and could meet up with ya..?

Yeah, sorry about that. I wish I was more consistent but I flopped on this rotation. I've decided to reduce my breeders and probably wont be selling much anymore. I'm going to try to breed the bare minimum and supplement through my brother. This bad year with rats has turned me off Facepalm Plus, I REALLY hate rats LOL

BTW Marco, I pick the boat up tomorrow if you want to go out. My brother and I are going to hop to one of the HRBT islands and fish for flounder if you want to come. I heard they are averaging 18-26 inches!

Last edited by Focal on Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
Docwade87
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Docwade87

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: reliable source of rat - sizes fuzzies to medium   Wanted: reliable source of rat - sizes fuzzies to medium EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 11:44 pm

ratqueen wrote:
Pinkies .75
Fuzzies 1.00
crawlers/weaned 1.25
Smalls 1.50
Mediums 2.00
Large 3.00

I just had 6 litters within the last 4 days so I have lots of babies right now. Let me know if you want to get some.

I might be interested if you could do frozen. Also would you be willing to ship or meet halfway if the order is big enough?
Back to top Go down
mamasmarco
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
mamasmarco

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: reliable source of rat - sizes fuzzies to medium   Wanted: reliable source of rat - sizes fuzzies to medium EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 1:01 am

Nick you've been a very reliable feeder source for a while and you have your own critters to feed. I don't blame you for reducing, If I was you I'd do the same thing. I'll have my own shed set up by October and then you can get your feeders for the same awesome deal I got from you..

Boat: I got my little one and don't really want to take he out just because of the sun. Thanks for the offer though Smile
Back to top Go down
mamasmarco
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
mamasmarco

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: reliable source of rat - sizes fuzzies to medium   Wanted: reliable source of rat - sizes fuzzies to medium EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 1:13 am

Rat queen: I'll pm you my list. Is Sunday going to be ok for you for pick up?
Back to top Go down
acl2790
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
acl2790

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: reliable source of rat - sizes fuzzies to medium   Wanted: reliable source of rat - sizes fuzzies to medium EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 1:26 am

Nick, I don't blame you, rats are nasty creatures. But thanks for being a reliable and inexpensive source while it lasted!! Smile

Marco, I'm in the same boat as you now I guess. I hate making the weekly trip to Hampton and back, especially with traffic! Plus with work it's hard to get up there during the day when he sells out of the warehouse. Ratqueen isn't too far away though.
Back to top Go down
mamasmarco
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
mamasmarco

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: reliable source of rat - sizes fuzzies to medium   Wanted: reliable source of rat - sizes fuzzies to medium EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 1:54 am

Didn't want to miss saying thanks to you you too Nick. The cheap feeders really helped me out a lot!!
Back to top Go down
ratqueen
ratqueen

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: reliable source of rat - sizes fuzzies to medium   Wanted: reliable source of rat - sizes fuzzies to medium EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 10:11 am

@Docwade87: Right now we're only doing live. We don't have anywhere to store frozen right now. I'll let you know if we start.

@mamasmarco: Sunday is fine. Just let me know.

Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: reliable source of rat - sizes fuzzies to medium   Wanted: reliable source of rat - sizes fuzzies to medium EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 3:11 pm

Thanks guys!
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
Docwade87
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Docwade87

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: reliable source of rat - sizes fuzzies to medium   Wanted: reliable source of rat - sizes fuzzies to medium EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 12:04 pm

ratqueen wrote:
@Docwade87: Right now we're only doing live. We don't have anywhere to store frozen right now. I'll let you know if we start.

@mamasmarco: Sunday is fine. Just let me know.

Thanks and please keep me posted! Would love to find a local breeder who I know takes care of their feeders and feeds and cares for them properly
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: reliable source of rat - sizes fuzzies to medium   Wanted: reliable source of rat - sizes fuzzies to medium Empty

Back to top Go down

Wanted: reliable source of rat - sizes fuzzies to medium
Page 1 of 1