VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Making an offer to buy back an animal? Thoughts?

Go down 
+2
Don
Jabberwocky Dragons
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Jabberwocky Dragons
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
Jabberwocky Dragons

Making an offer to buy back an animal? Thoughts? Empty
PostSubject: Making an offer to buy back an animal? Thoughts?   Making an offer to buy back an animal? Thoughts? EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 1:30 pm

Would anybody consider it offensive if you were offered a large credit towards a different animal for one that was being held for you on a payment plan? Let me make clear this would be 100% the buyer's decision, the balance on the held animal would be wiped clean, and the large credit would be on top of that, essentially large enough for very nice animal. Sort of like an offer to buy the animal back for double what was paid.

Regardless of his decision, I want to make sure that I'm not offending at all with the offer. Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
http://www.JabberwockyDragons.com
Don

PostSubject: Re: Making an offer to buy back an animal? Thoughts?   Making an offer to buy back an animal? Thoughts? EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 1:36 pm

As long as the buyer had the complete decision to say no, then I see it as fine. It could be a good deal for both of you.

Having some sellers remorse? That has happened to me a few times.
Back to top Go down
http://www.PlethoraOfPythons.com
Jabberwocky Dragons
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
Jabberwocky Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Making an offer to buy back an animal? Thoughts?   Making an offer to buy back an animal? Thoughts? EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 1:44 pm

A little bit! Bearded dragons colors can drastically change over their first couple months and I strongly regret letting this one go. Facepalm

Of course, what's done is done but I figured I might as well make an offer on her as long it doesn't offend the buyer.
Back to top Go down
ClarkeReptiles
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
ClarkeReptiles

PostSubject: Re: Making an offer to buy back an animal? Thoughts?   Making an offer to buy back an animal? Thoughts? EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 1:53 pm

I've had sellers remorse before. I agree with Don. If the buyer has the option to say no then I see no problem offering it.

I once sold a female pastel to a friend of a friend. Earlier I had rehomed my sugar gliders to her. After selling her the pastel (which she only 90 for her. She was supposed to pay me another 60. I figured she was a friend of a friend and would be honest and pay me the full amount. I never saw the rest of that money). I found out the sugar gliders had died. She had let them out and her dog killed them. She had another ball python that then died of a respiratory infection. I offered to purchase the pastel back for double what she paid and she said no. She said she was too attached to her now but she was going to breed her and she'd give me first pick of the babies. Later I found out the pastel died of pneumonia. Sad It was heart breaking.
Back to top Go down
http://clarkereptiles.weebly.com/
zues
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
zues

PostSubject: Re: Making an offer to buy back an animal? Thoughts?   Making an offer to buy back an animal? Thoughts? EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 2:12 pm

I would say just be honest. Tell them that as it got older you have really fallen in love with it and would like to keep it for future breedings. Tell them you will offer them double what they paid in credit or since they are making payments you could offer them one what they have already paid.
Back to top Go down
Jabberwocky Dragons
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
Jabberwocky Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Making an offer to buy back an animal? Thoughts?   Making an offer to buy back an animal? Thoughts? EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 3:54 pm

Offer was turned down for 100% refund and an additional 90% of what was paid in credit Sad

Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm

Oh well, I'll be throwing the parents together again this fall so I'll keep my fingers crossed! Thanks for the help!
Back to top Go down
ClarkeReptiles
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
ClarkeReptiles

PostSubject: Re: Making an offer to buy back an animal? Thoughts?   Making an offer to buy back an animal? Thoughts? EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 4:30 pm

Aww, sorry. Sad
Back to top Go down
http://clarkereptiles.weebly.com/
zues
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
zues

PostSubject: Re: Making an offer to buy back an animal? Thoughts?   Making an offer to buy back an animal? Thoughts? EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 4:37 pm

Sorry to hear that. I'd still love to see the baby in question.
Back to top Go down
Jabberwocky Dragons
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
Jabberwocky Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Making an offer to buy back an animal? Thoughts?   Making an offer to buy back an animal? Thoughts? EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 4:55 pm

Thanks. Sure, tomorrow is picture day so I'll throw throw some up here.
Back to top Go down
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
smb2585

PostSubject: Re: Making an offer to buy back an animal? Thoughts?   Making an offer to buy back an animal? Thoughts? EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 4:58 pm

Sorry to hear - I'd like to see the picture as well
Back to top Go down
acl2790
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
acl2790

PostSubject: Re: Making an offer to buy back an animal? Thoughts?   Making an offer to buy back an animal? Thoughts? EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 6:47 pm

Sorry to hear that, but I'm sure you will get another one. Also would love to see pics of this gem.
Back to top Go down
Jabberwocky Dragons
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
Jabberwocky Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Making an offer to buy back an animal? Thoughts?   Making an offer to buy back an animal? Thoughts? EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 1:19 pm

Even though it's like twisting the knife Twisted Evil, here's pics as promised of the one that got away. The orange should continue getting brighter and even more saturated as she ages.

Making an offer to buy back an animal? Thoughts? G8_6-210

Making an offer to buy back an animal? Thoughts? G8_6-211

Making an offer to buy back an animal? Thoughts? G8_6-212

Making an offer to buy back an animal? Thoughts? G8_6-213
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Making an offer to buy back an animal? Thoughts?   Making an offer to buy back an animal? Thoughts? Empty

Back to top Go down

Making an offer to buy back an animal? Thoughts?
Page 1 of 1