VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Route10 Exotic Reptile Expo

Go down 
+19
Galaxy ball
Jabberwocky Dragons
Mike.OutbackReptiles
Lokielani
Cinder
smd58
ezekiel21
DaganGecko
Precision Pythons
gatto152
ClarkeReptiles
ax2austin
byrd'sballs
Don
smb2585
CurioCreatures
Thibo703
Focal
Cp3_Pythons
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
ClarkeReptiles
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
ClarkeReptiles

Route10 Exotic Reptile Expo  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Route10 Exotic Reptile Expo    Route10 Exotic Reptile Expo  - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 10:53 am

I can't wait to begin going to the shows out of state. So far I've only been to the Manassas show twice, the Richmond show a few times and I'll be going to this show on Sunday. That's about it. I really want to go to the shows out of state. Maybe we all need to carpool.
Back to top Go down
http://clarkereptiles.weebly.com/
gatto152
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
gatto152

PostSubject: Re: Route10 Exotic Reptile Expo    Route10 Exotic Reptile Expo  - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 10:55 am

ClarkeReptiles wrote:
I can't wait to begin going to the shows out of state. So far I've only been to the Manassas show twice, the Richmond show a few times and I'll be going to this show on Sunday. That's about it. I really want to go to the shows out of state. Maybe we all need to carpool.

i agree we need to find someone with a hybrid minivan
Back to top Go down
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
smb2585

PostSubject: Re: Route10 Exotic Reptile Expo    Route10 Exotic Reptile Expo  - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 11:15 am

I went on priceline.com and named my own price for car and hotel... granted you dont know what you get until it's paid for and the day you pick up the car but it was a steal for both. got a toyota carolla for $20 a day (friday PM-tuesday AM) and the hotel for 2 nights was like roughly $100. the car was fuel efficient to chicago.

When we went to hamburg and Myrtle Beach we drove there and back in the same day...

But I love those shows out of state.. they are so much bigger and more crowded but still exciting.
Back to top Go down
CurioCreatures
Established Member
Established Member

PostSubject: Re: Route10 Exotic Reptile Expo    Route10 Exotic Reptile Expo  - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 11:56 am

If anyone is into corns and is interested in tesseras, we will have some at the show.....

Also possibly looking for a 6q hatchling rack.

Small shows are nice for the vendors, I'd rather pay $35 for a table at a small show than pay $85+ at other shows and not sell a thing.....
Back to top Go down
DaganGecko
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
DaganGecko

PostSubject: Re: Route10 Exotic Reptile Expo    Route10 Exotic Reptile Expo  - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 2:06 pm

I'm a graphic designer and an artist. I'd be glad to design shirts if everyone pools their ideas. I can do several sketches and y'all could vote on one for us to go in the direction of.
Back to top Go down
http://www.iherp.com/Public/ShowUser.aspx?UserId=5fb7c078-e6af-4
DaganGecko
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
DaganGecko

PostSubject: Re: Route10 Exotic Reptile Expo    Route10 Exotic Reptile Expo  - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 2:13 pm

Yay the show is only 1 hour and a half from me.
Back to top Go down
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
smb2585

PostSubject: Re: Route10 Exotic Reptile Expo    Route10 Exotic Reptile Expo  - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 2:29 pm

Dagan - If you punch it into GPS and it asks if you want to avoid the toll road then do it. Its like a $2 toll and it only saves you 10-15 minutes if that. We learned the hard way last time.
Back to top Go down
DaganGecko
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
DaganGecko

PostSubject: Re: Route10 Exotic Reptile Expo    Route10 Exotic Reptile Expo  - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 6:56 pm

I'm not sure. My GPS doesn't have options like that. It is the nuvi garmin and has VERY few options. What road is the toll road? How do I avoid it?
Back to top Go down
Cp3_Pythons
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Cp3_Pythons

PostSubject: Re: Route10 Exotic Reptile Expo    Route10 Exotic Reptile Expo  - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 7:14 pm

Garmin Nuvi has the option... depending on tghe model the gps I use most often is about 5 years old and has the option... not all the roads are up to date but... LMAO funny thing is all i need for the newer one is the holder I broke the one and never got around to gettin one yet...
Back to top Go down
DaganGecko
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
DaganGecko

PostSubject: Re: Route10 Exotic Reptile Expo    Route10 Exotic Reptile Expo  - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 7:54 pm

How do you get to the option?
Back to top Go down
Cp3_Pythons
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Cp3_Pythons

PostSubject: Re: Route10 Exotic Reptile Expo    Route10 Exotic Reptile Expo  - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 8:04 pm

Menu hit the little wrench icon on the bottom of the screen ( The main screen ) choose the option Navigation and then choos the Avoidances option to customize your settings...
Back to top Go down
DaganGecko
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
DaganGecko

PostSubject: Re: Route10 Exotic Reptile Expo    Route10 Exotic Reptile Expo  - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 8:12 pm

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
smb2585

PostSubject: Re: Route10 Exotic Reptile Expo    Route10 Exotic Reptile Expo  - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 10:27 pm

I don't know which road is toll but we took the toll road on the way there and not on the way home... was like wtf lol.
Back to top Go down
Don

PostSubject: Re: Route10 Exotic Reptile Expo    Route10 Exotic Reptile Expo  - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 10:29 pm

I live about three or four miles from the show. If anyone wants to stop by and clean some snake tubs or rat cages, come on by!
Back to top Go down
http://www.PlethoraOfPythons.com
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
smb2585

PostSubject: Re: Route10 Exotic Reptile Expo    Route10 Exotic Reptile Expo  - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 10:36 pm

Is food offered as payment?? cryingwithlaughter
Back to top Go down
Don

PostSubject: Re: Route10 Exotic Reptile Expo    Route10 Exotic Reptile Expo  - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 10:49 pm

smb2585 wrote:
Is food offered as payment?? cryingwithlaughter

Of course, and use of the man cave - billiards and adult beverages (for those over 21).
Back to top Go down
byrd'sballs
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
byrd'sballs

PostSubject: Re: Route10 Exotic Reptile Expo    Route10 Exotic Reptile Expo  - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 12:08 am

What can I expect at this show. This will be the first show I've been to in like 10 years. Like how many vendors and what not. But I do plan to attend the show.
Back to top Go down
Precision Pythons
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+

PostSubject: Re: Route10 Exotic Reptile Expo    Route10 Exotic Reptile Expo  - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 12:29 am

byrd'sballs wrote:
What can I expect at this show. This will be the first show I've been to in like 10 years. Like how many vendors and what not. But I do plan to attend the show.

Last one was about 15? vendors or so. I was actually pleasantly surprised by the number of people there. From what I hear, that one was spur of the moment. So *hopefully* this one will be even bigger given more word has gone out. Look forward to seeing everyone there!

Jon
Back to top Go down
http://www.precisionpythons.com
byrd'sballs
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
byrd'sballs

PostSubject: Re: Route10 Exotic Reptile Expo    Route10 Exotic Reptile Expo  - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 12:43 am

Awesome
Back to top Go down
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
smb2585

PostSubject: Re: Route10 Exotic Reptile Expo    Route10 Exotic Reptile Expo  - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 11:41 am

Yea Jon hit it on the head there... it was a decent turn out for a first time show and I know that more vendors are coming to this one...

this one also has door prizes as well so its an extra incentive to go... so if ANYONE has ANYTHING they may want to donate as a door prize please email vinny or troy and let them know. You receive your door prize ticket after you pay when you come in.
Back to top Go down
byrd'sballs
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
byrd'sballs

PostSubject: Re: Route10 Exotic Reptile Expo    Route10 Exotic Reptile Expo  - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 12:07 pm

Yea I talked to Troy last night he said about 20 venders
Back to top Go down
ClarkeReptiles
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
ClarkeReptiles

PostSubject: Re: Route10 Exotic Reptile Expo    Route10 Exotic Reptile Expo  - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 1:13 pm

Nice. This should be a good show!
Back to top Go down
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
smb2585

PostSubject: Re: Route10 Exotic Reptile Expo    Route10 Exotic Reptile Expo  - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 1:16 pm

If anyone is interested in the 2 males we have listed in the classifieds let us know. We can bring them tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
DaganGecko
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
DaganGecko

PostSubject: Re: Route10 Exotic Reptile Expo    Route10 Exotic Reptile Expo  - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 2:16 pm

If anyone sees me, don't hesitate to say hi!
Back to top Go down
Lokielani
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
Lokielani

PostSubject: Re: Route10 Exotic Reptile Expo    Route10 Exotic Reptile Expo  - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 3:22 pm

Anyone (vendors) bringing beardies or skinks?
Back to top Go down
DaganGecko
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
DaganGecko

PostSubject: Re: Route10 Exotic Reptile Expo    Route10 Exotic Reptile Expo  - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 3:26 pm

I've never been to a show without bearded dragons!
Back to top Go down
byrd'sballs
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
byrd'sballs

PostSubject: Re: Route10 Exotic Reptile Expo    Route10 Exotic Reptile Expo  - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 4:30 pm

By the way my name is Donnie ill be at the show hope I see some of y'all there. That's me in my picture
Back to top Go down
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
smb2585

PostSubject: Re: Route10 Exotic Reptile Expo    Route10 Exotic Reptile Expo  - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 4:30 pm

there were beardies last time
Back to top Go down
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
smb2585

there were beardies last time
Back to top Go down
Don

PostSubject: Re: Route10 Exotic Reptile Expo    Route10 Exotic Reptile Expo  - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 9:09 pm

I am going to stop by for a few minutes at the show. If anyone wants to stop by my house and have a small get together, pm me and I'll see what we can work out. I live about four miles from the show. All of the rat racks are cleaned and most of the snake cages are cleaned up, so there isn't a lot of work I can put on you, but would be willing to host a get together after the show.

We do have one member here who is going to pick up a new addition. If you just want to stop by and see what I have available in person, that is OK too. Let me know. Hope to see a lot of VAHERPSers tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
DaganGecko
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
DaganGecko

PostSubject: Re: Route10 Exotic Reptile Expo    Route10 Exotic Reptile Expo  - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 10:16 pm

Don what time will you be at the show?
Back to top Go down
Don

PostSubject: Re: Route10 Exotic Reptile Expo    Route10 Exotic Reptile Expo  - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 10:26 pm

I'm not sure. I have to be here for the delivery of the racks from CurioCreatures, then I have to run out to New Kent county to pick up my son from the hospital. Then I've got to meet my daughter and wife for lunch. It will probably be right after that, around one pm. Unless, I get a call from a member here who is coming to pick up a purchase from me. With all that is going on, I just hope I can make it!
Back to top Go down
DaganGecko
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
DaganGecko

PostSubject: Re: Route10 Exotic Reptile Expo    Route10 Exotic Reptile Expo  - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 10:27 pm

Oh okay. I may not be around later since I plan on arriving around 9 am! At larger shows it isn't as big a deal to wait around, but at small shows I feel a little bit like a dunce wandering in circles. Haha.
Back to top Go down
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
smb2585

PostSubject: Re: Route10 Exotic Reptile Expo    Route10 Exotic Reptile Expo  - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 10:53 pm

Aside from Jon and I passing out cards for VaHerps, I made some flyers that are identical to the cards that are on half sheets. If any vendors want some at their table or VaHerpers would like to help pass them out or put them on windshields outside let me know? you can PM me, Email me, or text me (757) 724-0322

Not sure who long we will be there... Unless Miles gets chatty with some people we will probably be gone by lunch time like last time. I think we are leavin home aroud 8:30 or 9 tomorrow?? but that is subject to change...

Looking forward to the show tomorrow Smile Hope everyone has a good time and finds something!!!

Back to top Go down
CurioCreatures
Established Member
Established Member

PostSubject: Re: Route10 Exotic Reptile Expo    Route10 Exotic Reptile Expo  - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 11:06 pm

We'll see you early Don!

If you guys want to put flyers on my table you're more than welcome!!
Back to top Go down
gatto152
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
gatto152

PostSubject: Re: Route10 Exotic Reptile Expo    Route10 Exotic Reptile Expo  - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 12:55 am

Don imma be there all day since i see your schedule ill probaly try to stop by around 2 or 3 and depending on what i find at the show i might have to get something eles off you hahah
Back to top Go down
Christopher
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
Christopher

PostSubject: Re: Route10 Exotic Reptile Expo    Route10 Exotic Reptile Expo  - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 1:13 am

Can't wait to go! I'll be off at 8am tomorrow then b-fast and a long drive!
Back to top Go down
DaganGecko
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
DaganGecko

PostSubject: Re: Route10 Exotic Reptile Expo    Route10 Exotic Reptile Expo  - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 1:19 am

Lol I'm getting up at 6:45 am.
Back to top Go down
Christopher
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
Christopher

PostSubject: Re: Route10 Exotic Reptile Expo    Route10 Exotic Reptile Expo  - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 1:29 am

Oh, I'm sure I'll be up around then. Just don't get off work til 8. Sad
Back to top Go down
ezekiel21
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
ezekiel21

PostSubject: Re: Route10 Exotic Reptile Expo    Route10 Exotic Reptile Expo  - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 1:37 am

Christopher wrote:
Oh, I'm sure I'll be up around then. Just don't get off work til 8. Sad

yeah, i dont get off till 0800 either, id drive out for the show but i have to be back for work again tomorrow at 2000 and i need some sleep..... so maybe next year for me. i really wish i could go, i didnt get to go to the richmond show either Sad
Back to top Go down
byrd'sballs
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
byrd'sballs

PostSubject: Re: Route10 Exotic Reptile Expo    Route10 Exotic Reptile Expo  - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 4:03 pm

Had a pretty good time at the show its nice to see all the local breeders. Picked up a nice female pastel from Jon at precision pythons. I've got my eye on a male firefly he has too. And he's got some good looking stuff.
Back to top Go down
Don

PostSubject: Re: Route10 Exotic Reptile Expo    Route10 Exotic Reptile Expo  - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 5:22 pm

Sorry I missed it. After picking up my son from the the hospital, I ran down and had lunch with the family, then ran home to meet with someone buying a snake. Then I cleaned and disinfected my new 60 bin baby rack. Still working in the reptile room and never got a chance to see the show. Hopefully, everyone had a great time.

I'm thinking of vending the Manassas show in December, but haven't made a decision yet.
Back to top Go down
gatto152
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
gatto152

PostSubject: Re: Route10 Exotic Reptile Expo    Route10 Exotic Reptile Expo  - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 7:46 pm

Show was pretty cool i didnt recongnize anyone But i picked up a

Female LemonBlast from Jon at Precsicion Pythons

And a Beautiful Male bumblebee and a Female Normal From Don

Thanks Again Guys ill post Some pics soon
Back to top Go down
ClarkeReptiles
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
ClarkeReptiles

PostSubject: Re: Route10 Exotic Reptile Expo    Route10 Exotic Reptile Expo  - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 9:15 pm

Show was nice. I didn't get to buy anything (hopefully I will soon) but a friend of mine picked up a couple of things. Got to meet Dagan and a few breeders. Can't wait until im actually able to buy some snakes and such.
Back to top Go down
DaganGecko
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
DaganGecko

PostSubject: Re: Route10 Exotic Reptile Expo    Route10 Exotic Reptile Expo  - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 10:30 pm

I had fun hanging out with Jesse and her friend, whose name I have forgotten! I also met Jon and had fun schmoozing with him and his gf. I may have overextended my stay at their table. I met a lot of vendors and will be contacting them to encourage them to join the forum. Wink

Ohhh and I picked up two nice adult gargoyle geckos. Pics soon!
Back to top Go down
vdub804

PostSubject: Re: Route10 Exotic Reptile Expo    Route10 Exotic Reptile Expo  - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 12:17 am

the show was pretty decent lots of friendly herpers, there were ALOT of pythons like 100 to 1 against boas, it was smaller than the last show but I picked up a bcc so it was all good Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DaganGecko
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
DaganGecko

PostSubject: Re: Route10 Exotic Reptile Expo    Route10 Exotic Reptile Expo  - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 12:18 am

I think the show had good variety. I was pleased with the amount of geckos I got to see. One table had a STUNNING adult uroplatus.
Back to top Go down
Christopher
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
Christopher

PostSubject: Re: Route10 Exotic Reptile Expo    Route10 Exotic Reptile Expo  - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 12:38 am

I loved that tiny lizard at the table on the left side. Can't think of the name of it. Plus I got the pieds I was after! Woohoo!
Back to top Go down
byrd'sballs
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
byrd'sballs

PostSubject: Re: Route10 Exotic Reptile Expo    Route10 Exotic Reptile Expo  - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 12:42 am

Sweet pic up on the pieds
Back to top Go down
Christopher
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
Christopher

PostSubject: Re: Route10 Exotic Reptile Expo    Route10 Exotic Reptile Expo  - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 12:44 am

Thank you sir. I'm super excited!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Route10 Exotic Reptile Expo    Route10 Exotic Reptile Expo  - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Route10 Exotic Reptile Expo
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next