VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Might get carpet pythons

Go down 
+4
MADexotics
ezekiel21
smb2585
ClarkeReptiles
8 posters
AuthorMessage
ClarkeReptiles
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
ClarkeReptiles

Might get carpet pythons   Empty
PostSubject: Might get carpet pythons    Might get carpet pythons   EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 8:50 pm

There is a guy on CL willing to trade two of my ball python hatchlings for a male and female carpet, both hatchlings (but a few months old ). Anyone else keep these? I want to breed these in the future.
Back to top Go down
http://clarkereptiles.weebly.com/
ClarkeReptiles
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
ClarkeReptiles

PostSubject: Re: Might get carpet pythons    Might get carpet pythons   EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 2:36 pm

I have been advised they are 6 months old. I'm meeting him on Friday morning to take a look at them. I really hope they are healthy and the right sex as I would love to get into breeding these in a few years. I'm not quite sure what kind of carpet they are though.
Back to top Go down
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
smb2585

PostSubject: Re: Might get carpet pythons    Might get carpet pythons   EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 3:08 pm

Good Luck - Hope everything works to your benefit Smile
Back to top Go down
ezekiel21
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
ezekiel21

PostSubject: Re: Might get carpet pythons    Might get carpet pythons   EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 3:11 pm

ClarkeReptiles wrote:
There is a guy on CL willing to trade two of my ball python hatchlings for a male and female carpet, both hatchlings (but a few months old ). Anyone else keep these? I want to breed these in the future.

what are you trading them, if you dont mind me asking....
Back to top Go down
ClarkeReptiles
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
ClarkeReptiles

PostSubject: Re: Might get carpet pythons    Might get carpet pythons   EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 3:26 pm

They said they would trade for ball pythons, so I asked what he was looking for. He said females but wanted to know what I had available. I told him I didn't have any females available, but I had a male pastel and a normal male available - I told him I understood if he turned down the trade since he was looking for females, not males. (Not to mention the combined value of my males is way under what the carpets are worth) He asked for pictures and to my surprise accepted the trade for both males.

Like I said, the value of the males is way under what the value of the carpets is, so I was very surprised that he accepted. I guess we'll see.
Back to top Go down
ezekiel21
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
ezekiel21

PostSubject: Re: Might get carpet pythons    Might get carpet pythons   EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 3:33 pm

Lol, well sometimes it works out Smile good luck and keep us updated
Back to top Go down
ClarkeReptiles
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
ClarkeReptiles

PostSubject: Re: Might get carpet pythons    Might get carpet pythons   EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 3:44 pm

Yea, when he accepted the offer, I did wonder if maybe they were problem feeders or were perhaps in some way unhealthy - he says they are feeding on pinkies, though I'm not sure they are pinkie mice or rats and they get two per feeding. They are 6 months old. If they are aggressive, I can deal with that. I just don't want them to be unhealthy or problem feeders.

I'm hoping it works out. Anyone have an idea of what kind of carpets they are. I plan on emailing him after work to find out if he knows.
Back to top Go down
ClarkeReptiles
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
ClarkeReptiles

PostSubject: Re: Might get carpet pythons    Might get carpet pythons   EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 12:25 pm

My new additions. The female is pretty aggressive.

Male
Might get carpet pythons   IMG_20111223_100713

Female

Might get carpet pythons   IMG_20111223_100730

She was not happy with me as you can see.
Back to top Go down
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
smb2585

PostSubject: Re: Might get carpet pythons    Might get carpet pythons   EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 12:55 pm

Very Nice though - congrats Smile
Back to top Go down
MADexotics
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
MADexotics

PostSubject: Re: Might get carpet pythons    Might get carpet pythons   EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 1:03 pm

Very nice. I've always been interested in the carpet pythons.. Just don't have the time or space right now to expand my collection
Back to top Go down
leftoflarry
VHS Moderator
VHS Moderator
leftoflarry

PostSubject: Re: Might get carpet pythons    Might get carpet pythons   EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 1:40 pm

Gorgeous carpets!
Back to top Go down
http://www.vaherpsociety.com
pksnipr
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
pksnipr

PostSubject: Re: Might get carpet pythons    Might get carpet pythons   EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 5:52 pm

good looking carpets. look like jungles. the aggro tendencies should wear of after a year or so.
Back to top Go down
smd58
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
smd58

PostSubject: Re: Might get carpet pythons    Might get carpet pythons   EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 8:24 pm

Good looking snakes, good luck and try not to get bit. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
reticlowrt
Established Member
Established Member
reticlowrt

PostSubject: Re: Might get carpet pythons    Might get carpet pythons   EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 7:57 pm

great looking snakes i have been keeping carpets for years
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Might get carpet pythons    Might get carpet pythons   Empty

Back to top Go down

Might get carpet pythons
Page 1 of 1