VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Rat Breeding Success!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ClarkeReptiles
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
ClarkeReptiles

Rat Breeding Success! Empty
PostSubject: Rat Breeding Success!   Rat Breeding Success! EmptySat Oct 31, 2015 11:27 am

We've been trying to breed our own feeders and we are finally getting some results. We took the longer route of breeding and holding back females to raise up but those are finally getting to the breeding age and I'm happy to say we now have 5 litters on the ground and another 3 on the way. My boyfriend was able to get one of the rack levels working again so we have space for another group.

We also are trying to get mice going but finding healthy mice is proving a bit difficult. Also got a few dubia to start a colony, and I'm waiting for the superworms to start making baby superworms. None yet. Only beetles. scratch

Anyone want to see cute baby rat pics?
Back to top Go down
http://clarkereptiles.weebly.com/
ichopz
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
ichopz

PostSubject: Re: Rat Breeding Success!   Rat Breeding Success! EmptySun Nov 01, 2015 12:34 am

That is really cool.. imm working on that right now my self.. im currently looking for a breeding male.. are your just regular feeders or are they fancy, dumbo, rex, etc???
Back to top Go down
ClarkeReptiles
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
ClarkeReptiles

PostSubject: Re: Rat Breeding Success!   Rat Breeding Success! EmptyTue Nov 03, 2015 11:23 am

I have some albinos, rex, double rex, dumbo, Siamese, hoods, variegated. I don't have any males of breeding size available (they are all in with the ladies). The oldest rats I have available are only 4 weeks old. We just had another litter born yesterday so now I have quite a few litters of varying ages.

I saw your post earlier. How old are your males?
Back to top Go down
ichopz
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
ichopz

PostSubject: Re: Rat Breeding Success!   Rat Breeding Success! EmptyTue Nov 03, 2015 2:15 pm

Not xactly sure on the age as I did not do the breeding myself.. the previous owner told me that they were about 8 weeks but compared to my girls that are breeding age, the males look really small.. lol but im super new at trying this so I may be totally wrong..
Back to top Go down
ClarkeReptiles
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
ClarkeReptiles

PostSubject: Re: Rat Breeding Success!   Rat Breeding Success! EmptyTue Nov 03, 2015 6:06 pm

At 8 weeks they are old enough to start breeding. Some of my girls just hit 12 weeks old on the 31st and they just had litters so that would mean they would have bred around 9 weeks. Males can be smaller.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rat Breeding Success!   Rat Breeding Success! Empty

Back to top Go down

Rat Breeding Success!
Page 1 of 1