VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Why You Should NOT support the Humane Society

Go down 
+3
DaganGecko
smb2585
Jabberwocky Dragons
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Jabberwocky Dragons
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
Jabberwocky Dragons

Why You Should NOT support the Humane Society Empty
PostSubject: Why You Should NOT support the Humane Society   Why You Should NOT support the Humane Society EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 5:47 pm

With the all the new blood coming into the site, I just want to warn everyone about supporting the fraudulent organization known as the Humane Society since the HSUS really does do a good job about convincing people they are pro animal. The fact is that HSUS's stated goal is to ban pet ownership, especially exotic animals (ie. herps). They portray themselves as an animal shelter supporter but only .042% of it's total budget went to animal shelter's in 2010.

Their main purpose is to act as lobbyists to pass animal ownership bans. More information can be found on this link, although there's a lot more out there. One particularly sad story I read on Fauna a while ago (but cannot find now) occurred when a city gave HSUS control of their Animal Control and HSUS immediately banned all snakes over 3' as a safety risk with no grandfather clause...

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1383569#post1383569

I had no idea that their mission portrayal of helping shelter dogs and cats was a sham front before I started reading fauna and wanted to alert herp owners here who didn't know and may be supporting them since we are all animal supporters (or probably wouldn't be on this site).
Back to top Go down
http://www.JabberwockyDragons.com
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
smb2585

PostSubject: Re: Why You Should NOT support the Humane Society   Why You Should NOT support the Humane Society EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 6:49 pm

They also have their hands in the Animal Planet jar too...
Back to top Go down
DaganGecko
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
DaganGecko

PostSubject: Re: Why You Should NOT support the Humane Society   Why You Should NOT support the Humane Society EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 12:15 am

I remember how astonished I was when I first discovered the EVILS of the humane society. They are more like the HUMAN ANTI-ANIMAL society.
Back to top Go down
http://www.iherp.com/Public/ShowUser.aspx?UserId=5fb7c078-e6af-4
pksnipr
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
pksnipr

PostSubject: Re: Why You Should NOT support the Humane Society   Why You Should NOT support the Humane Society EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 8:28 pm

110% agreement!
Back to top Go down
Chasen

PostSubject: Would like more info on "The Animal Planet jar"   Why You Should NOT support the Humane Society EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 1:30 pm

smb2585 wrote:
They also have their hands in the Animal Planet jar too...

Can you give me details on this? I watch the network, even though I'm not so thrilled with their programing.
Back to top Go down
Cinder
Cinder

PostSubject: Re: Why You Should NOT support the Humane Society   Why You Should NOT support the Humane Society EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 6:19 pm

It's so disappointing when I find out that an organization that is supposed to be good for animals is just as corrupt as everything else.
Back to top Go down
jw
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
jw

PostSubject: Re: Why You Should NOT support the Humane Society   Why You Should NOT support the Humane Society EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 8:34 pm

Chasen wrote:
Can you give me details on this? I watch the network, even though I'm not so thrilled with their programing.

See: http://animal.discovery.com/roar/partners/hsus.html
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why You Should NOT support the Humane Society   Why You Should NOT support the Humane Society Empty

Back to top Go down

Why You Should NOT support the Humane Society
Page 1 of 1