VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hampton Roads Reptile Expo June 17th Newport News

Go down 
+19
acl2790
Jaded_Heart
Jabberwocky Dragons
chriscq
Stray
plyduster73360
BlackboxStar
zoogleflorp
Grymm
ajb28221
ezekiel21
pksnipr
Focal
Nfarrown
Don
smb2585
smd58
Bobbykaizer
zues
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Nfarrown
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
Nfarrown

Hampton Roads Reptile Expo June 17th Newport News - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hampton Roads Reptile Expo June 17th Newport News   Hampton Roads Reptile Expo June 17th Newport News - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 8:50 am

Like I said, it was good for a first time show. I hope they continue to do it and like others have said I'm sure it will grow over time. I walked out with a new cornsnake for my son so it's all good (he graduated from 5th grade so it was his graduation gift). I would just really like to see a vendor list next time so I can see who's going to be there, do research on the vendors and know roughly how much money to take.
Back to top Go down
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
smb2585

PostSubject: Re: Hampton Roads Reptile Expo June 17th Newport News   Hampton Roads Reptile Expo June 17th Newport News - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 11:51 am

I also heard Outback was suppose to be there... had they been there they may have had good sales. Noted that it could be a good show to vend for our first time since we do not anticipate any high dollar BPs to be hatching out.

Not sure if we would attend another one as a visitor. May just stick to Richmond and Manassas for small local shows.

We didnt have any issues with traffic, even stopped for breakfast in Hampton on our way and drove around to waste time since there was no traffic. Glad we didn't have to go very far to get there.
Back to top Go down
Precision Pythons
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+

PostSubject: Re: Hampton Roads Reptile Expo June 17th Newport News   Hampton Roads Reptile Expo June 17th Newport News - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 12:08 pm

I think it's great that Tony and Cooper organized the show, and I'd say overall it was pretty good for a first time show. It was about the same size as the Route 10 last fall, a good amount of people walking around for a small show, and they had music and concessions. I think bringing in some more vendors, including door prizes, and working even more to promote the show may help the next one be even better. I think it was just too early in the season for most snake breeders, so hopefully the next one has an even better turnout.
Back to top Go down
http://www.precisionpythons.com
Don

PostSubject: Re: Hampton Roads Reptile Expo June 17th Newport News   Hampton Roads Reptile Expo June 17th Newport News - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 1:09 pm

I agree it was early in the season. If it was just a month later, I would have vended. A new show in a new area that has not had any shows is a good starting point.
Back to top Go down
http://www.PlethoraOfPythons.com
Stray
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Stray

PostSubject: Re: Hampton Roads Reptile Expo June 17th Newport News   Hampton Roads Reptile Expo June 17th Newport News - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 2:17 pm

Nfarrown wrote:
Not bad for a first show but nowhere near as many vendors as the guy told me, maybe 20 vendors at best. Pet Paradise was the largest vendor there, and they said Outback was supposed to be there, I was there for an hour and didn't see them. There were a few tables that were empy, like the vendors didn't show. There was a decent selection, and prices were pretty decent for the most part. Definitely would've been nice to have a vendor list available, kind of strange that there wasn't one.

iagree The empty tables were even labeled, like someone was supposed to be there and never showed up. On their Facebook though, there were a few people who wanted to vend, but were never given designated vendor set up times, even after asking multiple times.

Also, it seemed like most of the vendors were locals who were getting out of breeding. Tons of great deals on tanks and rodent tubs. My roommate picked up a really gorgeous baby pastel female Boa and a 30 gal tank all for $70.

Also, Don, I totally agree with you. 64 was a freaking nightmare getting out there. What should've been a one hour long drive quickly turned into 2 1/2. We were on 64 for FOREVER!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/siobhan.sprouse
Jaded_Heart
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
Jaded_Heart

PostSubject: Re: Hampton Roads Reptile Expo June 17th Newport News   Hampton Roads Reptile Expo June 17th Newport News - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 9:02 pm

here is Iris, the little snow I picked up!

I figure once they get a little more organized. and do this a few more times, It's gonna be a good show!
Hampton Roads Reptile Expo June 17th Newport News - Page 2 Iris6-17-123
Hampton Roads Reptile Expo June 17th Newport News - Page 2 Iris6-17-122
Back to top Go down
http://www.iherp.com/PrymalReptile
dsteamn
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: Hampton Roads Reptile Expo June 17th Newport News   Hampton Roads Reptile Expo June 17th Newport News - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 12:05 am

Nice looking baby - and nice ring too.
Back to top Go down
b_rickard
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

PostSubject: Re: Hampton Roads Reptile Expo June 17th Newport News   Hampton Roads Reptile Expo June 17th Newport News - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 5:58 pm

acl2790 wrote:
glad to hear some people liked it, maybe I was expecting too much after looking at pics of the Daytona Show before heading out. Smile

There are no East coast shows that can compete with Daytona. I lived close to Chicago and that show (NARBC Tinley Park) is awesome, but still doesn't compare to Daytona. Daytona has hundreds of tables!
Back to top Go down
Jaded_Heart
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
Jaded_Heart

PostSubject: Re: Hampton Roads Reptile Expo June 17th Newport News   Hampton Roads Reptile Expo June 17th Newport News - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 10:25 pm

dsteamn wrote:
Nice looking baby - and nice ring too.

Cool thank-ya Bunches. I love snows so much, they are a simple morph but sometimes simple is really great. :-)
Back to top Go down
http://www.iherp.com/PrymalReptile
Stray
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Stray

PostSubject: Re: Hampton Roads Reptile Expo June 17th Newport News   Hampton Roads Reptile Expo June 17th Newport News - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 4:19 am

b_rickard wrote:
acl2790 wrote:
glad to hear some people liked it, maybe I was expecting too much after looking at pics of the Daytona Show before heading out. Smile

There are no East coast shows that can compete with Daytona. I lived close to Chicago and that show (NARBC Tinley Park) is awesome, but still doesn't compare to Daytona. Daytona has hundreds of tables!

I wish I had the money and time to go to Daytona. That's a ton of tables!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/siobhan.sprouse
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
smb2585

PostSubject: Re: Hampton Roads Reptile Expo June 17th Newport News   Hampton Roads Reptile Expo June 17th Newport News - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 9:39 am

Tinley is a good show. It didn't cost us a lot to travel and stay there. We got our hotel and car through priceline name your own price. Fuel wasnt TOO bad. We were in a Toyota Corolla from the rental place. It took a while to drive and the snakes were'nt expensive at the show unless you were looking for high $... Tinley is a great show to attend if you can.
Back to top Go down
mamasmarco
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
mamasmarco

PostSubject: Re: Hampton Roads Reptile Expo June 17th Newport News   Hampton Roads Reptile Expo June 17th Newport News - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 1:21 am

I'm sure the next show is going to be bigger. The more people hear about it the more will show up. I'ts about Holiday time for the kids i believe and parents get ready to head out for vacations... If there is one in October there are going to be more vendors as well. Hatching season just started and most big breeders don't even have hatchlings yet..

I'll definitely be visiting the next one!
Back to top Go down
http://www.hamptonroadscritters.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hampton Roads Reptile Expo June 17th Newport News   Hampton Roads Reptile Expo June 17th Newport News - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Hampton Roads Reptile Expo June 17th Newport News
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2