VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Newport News Reptile EXPO - aftermath..

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
mamasmarco
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
mamasmarco

Newport News Reptile EXPO - aftermath.. Empty
PostSubject: Newport News Reptile EXPO - aftermath..   Newport News Reptile EXPO - aftermath.. EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 2:06 am

Well, it was a morning full with impressions and i finally could put some faces to names i see here on almost daily basis. After i pulled an all nighter at work it only took me about a gallon and a half and 2 Monster drinks to stay wired enough to hang with the folks, but after i got my Pied male from Don (super happy - thanks for everything Don) and of course blew 50 bucks on a spider that is red (can't pronounce the name but it's pretty), i really had to go. I would have loved to hang out some more.

Oh yeah, i walked by the Outback stand and heard something that made me think exactly what other people told me about them. One of the vendor guys from Outback had a conversation with a guest/hopefullynotcustomer and said "i just buy whatever i can and flip it".

Ummhh... yeah..

so much for the love of reptiles.. Angry
Back to top Go down
http://www.hamptonroadscritters.com
sbouldin
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: Newport News Reptile EXPO - aftermath..   Newport News Reptile EXPO - aftermath.. EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 11:33 pm

Was the outback stand the huuuuge one that took up a whole corner?
Back to top Go down
mamasmarco
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
mamasmarco

PostSubject: Re: Newport News Reptile EXPO - aftermath..   Newport News Reptile EXPO - aftermath.. EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 11:35 pm

Yeah the one with the Mexicans..

No offense, but they work for less I've heard..
Back to top Go down
sbouldin
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: Newport News Reptile EXPO - aftermath..   Newport News Reptile EXPO - aftermath.. EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 9:09 am

Yeah I thoughtn it was them :/
Back to top Go down
jw
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
jw

PostSubject: Re: Newport News Reptile EXPO - aftermath..   Newport News Reptile EXPO - aftermath.. EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 9:51 am

mamasmarco wrote:
Oh yeah, i walked by the Outback stand and heard something that made me think exactly what other people told me about them. One of the vendor guys from Outback had a conversation with a guest/hopefullynotcustomer and said "i just buy whatever i can and flip it".

I know nothing about Outback nor their reputation. Overhearing part of a conversation without knowing the context may lead one to false impressions. I sometimes say, "The only good snake is a dead snake." with the context being the phrase I hear most often from the general public.

Back to top Go down
sbouldin
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: Newport News Reptile EXPO - aftermath..   Newport News Reptile EXPO - aftermath.. EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 9:56 am

jw wrote:
mamasmarco wrote:

I know nothing about Outback nor their reputation. Overhearing part of a conversation without knowing the context may lead one to false impressions. I sometimes say, "The only good snake is a dead snake." with the context being the phrase I hear most often from the general public.

I agree!
Back to top Go down
zues
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
zues

PostSubject: Re: Newport News Reptile EXPO - aftermath..   Newport News Reptile EXPO - aftermath.. EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 10:13 am

I have done some trades with Ian from Outback. It was some of my snakes for some of his racks. Ian was honest and easy to deal with in my dealings with him.
Back to top Go down
mamasmarco
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
mamasmarco

PostSubject: Re: Newport News Reptile EXPO - aftermath..   Newport News Reptile EXPO - aftermath.. EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 10:43 am

I'm not trying to convince people to not buy critters from them or do trades. What I've heard is something that I'm not used to hear from people I do trades or business with. It shows me, that the financial aspect has higher priority than the passion or interest on what you're selling. I personally rather buy snakes from somebody who cares more about his money than about the reptiles he's selling. For somebody like me it's not inviting for business hearing that..
Back to top Go down
BlackboxStar
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
BlackboxStar

PostSubject: Re: Newport News Reptile EXPO - aftermath..   Newport News Reptile EXPO - aftermath.. EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 1:31 am

mamasmarco wrote:
I personally rather buy snakes from somebody who cares more about his money than about the reptiles he's selling.

Lol I think you switched those up.

I do not wish to comment on Outback reptiles in particular, but I would like to state that I think it wholly unnecessary to import animals that are already established and readily available in captivity.
Back to top Go down
mamasmarco
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
mamasmarco

PostSubject: Re: Newport News Reptile EXPO - aftermath..   Newport News Reptile EXPO - aftermath.. EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 2:01 am

Lol, you're right.. Was pretty tired this morning and actually meant tow say that I rather buy reptiles from somebody who doesn't put money in the first place..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newport News Reptile EXPO - aftermath..   Newport News Reptile EXPO - aftermath.. Empty

Back to top Go down

Newport News Reptile EXPO - aftermath..
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
VaHerps.com :: Virginia Events and News :: Upcoming Reptile Shows and Events-
Jump to: