VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hampton Roads Reptile Expo - June 2

Go down 
+17
Bullyeast@yahoo.com
megkel
SilverLs
allaboutthekings
NeatO
Southern_Comfort_Reptiles
Class43
mamasmarco
zues
Dementeddogz
Don
sbouldin
TheRealYoda34
MADKATTER
sic_anger
Focal
Rhuwme
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Rhuwme
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
Rhuwme

Hampton Roads Reptile Expo - June 2 Empty
PostSubject: Hampton Roads Reptile Expo - June 2   Hampton Roads Reptile Expo - June 2 EmptyThu May 23, 2013 1:01 pm

This would be my first reptile show, and I plan on bringing my 4-year-old son. He'll probably enjoy this much more than the gun shows, lol. Plus I hope to get a crested gecko, possibly two to house together.

Anyone else plan on going?
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: Hampton Roads Reptile Expo - June 2   Hampton Roads Reptile Expo - June 2 EmptyThu May 23, 2013 1:21 pm

I'm going and can't wait!
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
sic_anger
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
sic_anger

PostSubject: Re: Hampton Roads Reptile Expo - June 2   Hampton Roads Reptile Expo - June 2 EmptyThu May 23, 2013 1:30 pm

I'll be there, Nick can you bring pets with you? this is my first show away from the ohio area.
Back to top Go down
MADKATTER
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: Hampton Roads Reptile Expo - June 2   Hampton Roads Reptile Expo - June 2 EmptyThu May 23, 2013 2:12 pm

i will be there with a table. I have 8 lessers, 4 pastels, 2 spiders, and a bumblebee for sale.
Back to top Go down
TheRealYoda34
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
TheRealYoda34

PostSubject: Re: Hampton Roads Reptile Expo - June 2   Hampton Roads Reptile Expo - June 2 EmptyThu May 23, 2013 2:44 pm

I am going to try and swing by and check it out, depends on work though
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Zs.Reptile.House2013
sbouldin
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: Hampton Roads Reptile Expo - June 2   Hampton Roads Reptile Expo - June 2 EmptyThu May 23, 2013 3:25 pm

I might go as well. I was dissapointed at how small it was a couple months ago.
Back to top Go down
Don

PostSubject: Re: Hampton Roads Reptile Expo - June 2   Hampton Roads Reptile Expo - June 2 EmptyThu May 23, 2013 3:49 pm

We were signed up to vend this show, but had to cancel because of a conflict in our schedules. It is a great show and I hope everyone can attend.
Back to top Go down
http://www.PlethoraOfPythons.com
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: Hampton Roads Reptile Expo - June 2   Hampton Roads Reptile Expo - June 2 EmptyThu May 23, 2013 5:36 pm

sic_anger wrote:
I'll be there, Nick can you bring pets with you? this is my first show away from the ohio area.

I'm not sure but you can shoot an email to Tony to find out. 757 867 8889 or tbaquatic@gmail.com

MADKATTER wrote:
i will be there with a table. I have 8 lessers, 4 pastels, 2 spiders, and a bumblebee for sale.

Prepare for harassment Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Dementeddogz
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Dementeddogz

PostSubject: Re: Hampton Roads Reptile Expo - June 2   Hampton Roads Reptile Expo - June 2 EmptyThu May 23, 2013 6:39 pm

They usually do not allow pets, we have to run out that way next weekend so will most likely stop in
Back to top Go down
http://www.morphedout.com
Don

PostSubject: Re: Hampton Roads Reptile Expo - June 2   Hampton Roads Reptile Expo - June 2 EmptyFri May 24, 2013 7:44 am

I would not bring them. Many of the vendors get very vervous if outside animals are brought in near their tables.
Back to top Go down
MADKATTER
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: Hampton Roads Reptile Expo - June 2   Hampton Roads Reptile Expo - June 2 EmptyFri May 24, 2013 8:39 am

[/quote] Prepare for harassment Twisted Evil [/quote]

You bring the harrassment and I will bring the crack! Laughing
Back to top Go down
zues
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
zues

PostSubject: Re: Hampton Roads Reptile Expo - June 2   Hampton Roads Reptile Expo - June 2 EmptyFri May 24, 2013 10:58 am

MADKATTER wrote:
Prepare for harassment Twisted Evil [/quote]

You bring the harrassment and I will bring the crack! Laughing [/quote]

I'll bring the camera. lol!
Back to top Go down
mamasmarco
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
mamasmarco

PostSubject: Re: Hampton Roads Reptile Expo - June 2   Hampton Roads Reptile Expo - June 2 EmptyFri May 24, 2013 11:17 am

I'll go to but this time i'll make sure to get some sleep before.. the last one felt like i was sleep walking...

And i will bring chairs and some coffee..
Back to top Go down
http://www.hamptonroadscritters.com
sic_anger
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
sic_anger

PostSubject: Re: Hampton Roads Reptile Expo - June 2   Hampton Roads Reptile Expo - June 2 EmptyFri May 24, 2013 11:24 am

Don i think until i see this show your right i'm goign to wait everything out here seems so different then back home.
Back to top Go down
Class43
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
Class43

PostSubject: Re: Hampton Roads Reptile Expo - June 2   Hampton Roads Reptile Expo - June 2 EmptyFri May 24, 2013 3:17 pm

This is the first show ill be attending in VA. Hope it's a good one.
Back to top Go down
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: Hampton Roads Reptile Expo - June 2   Hampton Roads Reptile Expo - June 2 EmptySun May 26, 2013 12:59 am

Im gonna be there! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sic_anger
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
sic_anger

PostSubject: Re: Hampton Roads Reptile Expo - June 2   Hampton Roads Reptile Expo - June 2 EmptySun May 26, 2013 1:15 pm

I'll be the idiot trying to drag his kids around......since my wife ships back out friday Angry
Back to top Go down
NeatO
NeatO

PostSubject: Re: Hampton Roads Reptile Expo - June 2   Hampton Roads Reptile Expo - June 2 EmptySun May 26, 2013 11:04 pm

Anyone know if someone will have corn snakes there? I am looking to find a neat one!
Back to top Go down
allaboutthekings
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
allaboutthekings

PostSubject: Re: Hampton Roads Reptile Expo - June 2   Hampton Roads Reptile Expo - June 2 EmptyMon May 27, 2013 1:01 pm

I think I will go to this one also
Back to top Go down
SilverLs
SilverLs

PostSubject: Re: Hampton Roads Reptile Expo - June 2   Hampton Roads Reptile Expo - June 2 EmptyMon May 27, 2013 1:42 pm

MADKATTER wrote:

Would you be willing to sell before the expo? If so, really interested in the lessers, and possible the bumblebee if they are females/price is right! Please let me know.
Back to top Go down
Rhuwme
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
Rhuwme

PostSubject: Re: Hampton Roads Reptile Expo - June 2   Hampton Roads Reptile Expo - June 2 EmptyTue May 28, 2013 12:42 am

sic, I'll most likely have my son with me. He's 4, so I'm not sure who's going to be dragging who around to see all the animals, lol
Back to top Go down
megkel
Established Member
Established Member
megkel

PostSubject: Re: Hampton Roads Reptile Expo - June 2   Hampton Roads Reptile Expo - June 2 EmptyTue May 28, 2013 7:15 pm

Is this usually a larger show? It's only a two hour drive away from my parent's and close to where my husband is stationed.
Back to top Go down
Dementeddogz
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Dementeddogz

PostSubject: Re: Hampton Roads Reptile Expo - June 2   Hampton Roads Reptile Expo - June 2 EmptyWed May 29, 2013 12:51 am

Its not a huge show, wasnt impressed last time around, but had a few pick ups the first time up there. Still nice to see some of the locals, im always running into someone up there.
Back to top Go down
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: Hampton Roads Reptile Expo - June 2   Hampton Roads Reptile Expo - June 2 EmptyWed May 29, 2013 7:33 am

Andrew and Rhuwme,

I will be there with my old lady and 4 year old also! Here is my number, 757-839-0146. Maybe we can take all the kids out to lunch or something.
Back to top Go down
mamasmarco
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
mamasmarco

PostSubject: Re: Hampton Roads Reptile Expo - June 2   Hampton Roads Reptile Expo - June 2 EmptyWed May 29, 2013 10:45 am

NeatO wrote:
Anyone know if someone will have corn snakes there? I am looking to find a neat one!

I got a hypo lavender stripe male for you if you're interested I'll shoot you a picture Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.hamptonroadscritters.com
Rhuwme
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
Rhuwme

PostSubject: Re: Hampton Roads Reptile Expo - June 2   Hampton Roads Reptile Expo - June 2 EmptyWed May 29, 2013 11:34 am

Southern_Comfort_Reptiles wrote:
Andrew and Rhuwme,

I will be there with my old lady and 4 year old also! Here is my number, 757-839-0146. Maybe we can take all the kids out to lunch or something.

Sounds good, though I'm not sure what time I'll be there. It'll most likely be after noon, and since my son will be with his mom they may or may not eat lunch. But I'm sure he'd be happy to have someone his own age to see the animals with.
Back to top Go down
sic_anger
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
sic_anger

PostSubject: Re: Hampton Roads Reptile Expo - June 2   Hampton Roads Reptile Expo - June 2 EmptyWed May 29, 2013 1:57 pm

my kids are 2-4-7 so 3 4 years olds together will be fun lol. I'm still debating on bringing Bosco up to show off....
Back to top Go down
NeatO
NeatO

PostSubject: Re: Hampton Roads Reptile Expo - June 2   Hampton Roads Reptile Expo - June 2 EmptyWed May 29, 2013 7:30 pm

mamasmarco wrote:
NeatO wrote:

I got a hypo lavender stripe male for you if you're interested I'll shoot you a picture Smile

Sure,I would love to see him! How much are you looking to get for him?
Back to top Go down
Bullyeast@yahoo.com

PostSubject: Re: Hampton Roads Reptile Expo - June 2   Hampton Roads Reptile Expo - June 2 EmptyThu May 30, 2013 12:55 pm

We will be there with

DUBIA
MADAGASCAR HISSERS
HORNWORMS
SILKWORMS
BUTTER WORMS
SUPERWORMS
WAXWORMS
PHOENIX WORMS

CRITTER CONDOZ ENCLOSURES (possibly)
EGG FLATS
REPTI SUNS
HEAT PACKS
SILKWORM CHOW
HORNWORM CHOW
Back to top Go down
sic_anger
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
sic_anger

PostSubject: Re: Hampton Roads Reptile Expo - June 2   Hampton Roads Reptile Expo - June 2 EmptyThu May 30, 2013 12:59 pm

bully east can you pm me prices?
on dubie, hisser, and super worms?
Back to top Go down
TheRealYoda34
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
TheRealYoda34

PostSubject: Re: Hampton Roads Reptile Expo - June 2   Hampton Roads Reptile Expo - June 2 EmptyThu May 30, 2013 1:12 pm

Nick did you get that shredded aspen in?
Back to top Go down
Nfarrown
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
Nfarrown

PostSubject: Re: Hampton Roads Reptile Expo - June 2   Hampton Roads Reptile Expo - June 2 EmptyThu May 30, 2013 8:14 pm

I'm hoping to be there first thing in the morning, most likely with my son. He'll be the one asking "Mom, can I have this, can we buy this?". I just can't seem to get it through his 12 yr old head that I need to sell the baby dragons before we get anymore critters lol
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: Hampton Roads Reptile Expo - June 2   Hampton Roads Reptile Expo - June 2 EmptyThu May 30, 2013 8:17 pm

TheRealYoda34 wrote:
Nick did you get that shredded aspen in?

Hey Sean! Sorry I must have missed this post earlier, but yes, the aspen is in. I'm going to try to bring four or five bags.
Back to top Go down
Don

PostSubject: Re: Hampton Roads Reptile Expo - June 2   Hampton Roads Reptile Expo - June 2 EmptyThu May 30, 2013 8:18 pm

Gonna miss everyone. I really enjoy vending this show. Tony is doing a great job of building this show. It is the only show that we have vended that provides a good lunch at a reasonable price. The BBQ is good and I recommend having lunch there.
Back to top Go down
TheRealYoda34
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
TheRealYoda34

PostSubject: Re: Hampton Roads Reptile Expo - June 2   Hampton Roads Reptile Expo - June 2 EmptyThu May 30, 2013 8:23 pm

No worries nick its been a busy day here lol... I'm gonna need a bag or two, jot sure if I will make the expo though ..
Back to top Go down
sic_anger
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
sic_anger

PostSubject: Re: Hampton Roads Reptile Expo - June 2   Hampton Roads Reptile Expo - June 2 EmptyThu May 30, 2013 8:38 pm

Nicole what kind of dragons do you have?
Back to top Go down
Class43
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
Class43

PostSubject: Re: Hampton Roads Reptile Expo - June 2   Hampton Roads Reptile Expo - June 2 EmptyThu May 30, 2013 8:41 pm

BBQ outside the expo............ I THINK SO! smb2585
Back to top Go down
Don

PostSubject: Re: Hampton Roads Reptile Expo - June 2   Hampton Roads Reptile Expo - June 2 EmptyThu May 30, 2013 9:02 pm

No, it is inside the Expo. You never have to leave!
Back to top Go down
Class43
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
Class43

PostSubject: Re: Hampton Roads Reptile Expo - June 2   Hampton Roads Reptile Expo - June 2 EmptyThu May 30, 2013 9:08 pm

Even better Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: Hampton Roads Reptile Expo - June 2   Hampton Roads Reptile Expo - June 2 EmptyThu May 30, 2013 9:12 pm

Back to top Go down
Class43
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
Class43

PostSubject: Re: Hampton Roads Reptile Expo - June 2   Hampton Roads Reptile Expo - June 2 EmptyThu May 30, 2013 9:16 pm

cryingwithlaughter iagree
Focal wrote:
Mmm BBQ.

https://youtu.be/xrPzCzYeooM
Back to top Go down
sic_anger
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
sic_anger

PostSubject: Re: Hampton Roads Reptile Expo - June 2   Hampton Roads Reptile Expo - June 2 EmptyFri May 31, 2013 12:11 am

Now is this like Cincinnati where i can walk out smoke and come back in?
Back to top Go down
Dementeddogz
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Dementeddogz

PostSubject: Re: Hampton Roads Reptile Expo - June 2   Hampton Roads Reptile Expo - June 2 EmptyFri May 31, 2013 12:49 am

Depends, what are you smoking? Suspect
Back to top Go down
sic_anger
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
sic_anger

PostSubject: Re: Hampton Roads Reptile Expo - June 2   Hampton Roads Reptile Expo - June 2 EmptyFri May 31, 2013 8:36 am

Facepalm I'll Have my 3 kids with me......Not what you're thinking.....lol
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: Hampton Roads Reptile Expo - June 2   Hampton Roads Reptile Expo - June 2 EmptyFri May 31, 2013 8:57 am

LOL!!!!!! Yes, they stamp your hand so you can enter again. I must have made 10 trips in and out last time.
Back to top Go down
Rhuwme
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
Rhuwme

PostSubject: Re: Hampton Roads Reptile Expo - June 2   Hampton Roads Reptile Expo - June 2 EmptyFri May 31, 2013 9:42 am

OK, I've got to ask (especially since I seem to be on a perpetual budget, plus I've never been to a reptile show before): how do prices compare with everyday tags at local pet shops? I'm specifically looking for a crested gecko so that my son and I can enjoy a pet in my little apartment. I know they usually go for around $50 at the pet shops, I'm just really wondering if I should expect more or less? If my son finds a really cool looking one (which is what he'll be looking for, lol), I don't mind paying a bit more than normal - I'd just like to be prepared, ya know?
Back to top Go down
Don

PostSubject: Re: Hampton Roads Reptile Expo - June 2   Hampton Roads Reptile Expo - June 2 EmptyFri May 31, 2013 9:43 am

Should be better pricing at the Expo. Many vendors will negotiate, especially near the end of the show.
Back to top Go down
Rhuwme
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
Rhuwme

PostSubject: Re: Hampton Roads Reptile Expo - June 2   Hampton Roads Reptile Expo - June 2 EmptyFri May 31, 2013 9:57 am

Thanks, Don, I'll keep that in mind. Who knows, I might get lucky and be able to bring home two cresties! cheers
Back to top Go down
sic_anger
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
sic_anger

PostSubject: Re: Hampton Roads Reptile Expo - June 2   Hampton Roads Reptile Expo - June 2 EmptyFri May 31, 2013 4:14 pm

yeah i've seen normals go for 35 back home and thats for juves, and also depends on the pet shop, like petco sales normal bp's for 60+ while at a show you can get them for 15-20.....
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: Hampton Roads Reptile Expo - June 2   Hampton Roads Reptile Expo - June 2 EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 11:07 am

Found some info that I didn't see posted yet:

06-02-2013 @ 09:00 AM
Point Plaza Suites
950 J Clyde Morris Blvd
Newport News, Virginia

9am-4pm
Adults: $7(3+)
Children: $7(3+)
Free Admission: 3 and under
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hampton Roads Reptile Expo - June 2   Hampton Roads Reptile Expo - June 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Hampton Roads Reptile Expo - June 2
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next