VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Daytona Beach Reptile Expo 2012 august 17-19

Go down 
+2
zues
Cupcakemafia
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Cupcakemafia
Cupcakemafia

Daytona Beach Reptile Expo 2012 august 17-19 Empty
PostSubject: Daytona Beach Reptile Expo 2012 august 17-19   Daytona Beach Reptile Expo 2012 august 17-19 EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 1:20 am

So I was wondering if anyone has ever been down to the Daytona Beach reptile show last year or ever.My husband and I are going to be going in August for their show,where I hope to get my Sailfin Dragon, My ornate Uromastyx and my husband can get his chinese water dragon and whatever else we find.
Back to top Go down
zues
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
zues

PostSubject: Re: Daytona Beach Reptile Expo 2012 august 17-19   Daytona Beach Reptile Expo 2012 august 17-19 EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 9:28 am

Five years ago Daytona was THE show by far. The last several years, in my opinion, it has been on a steady decline. I would think with the new laws regarding large constrictors that if will be even worse this year. I personally think this show should be moved to a state a little more centrally located and with friendlier reptile laws. With all that being said the show is still huge and a great place to meet a lot of the big breeders in the industry.
Back to top Go down
acl2790
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
acl2790

PostSubject: Re: Daytona Beach Reptile Expo 2012 august 17-19   Daytona Beach Reptile Expo 2012 august 17-19 EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 11:22 am

So then what's THE show now? Sounds like the Hamburg shows are really getting going, but Daytona is stil big!
Back to top Go down
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
smb2585

PostSubject: Re: Daytona Beach Reptile Expo 2012 august 17-19   Daytona Beach Reptile Expo 2012 august 17-19 EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 11:39 am

Hamburg and Tinley are great shows IMO.
We went to the very first myrtle beach show and it was a decent show for the first one. I think it would be a great place for the Daytona show to maybe consider???

Back to top Go down
Foster Reves
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

PostSubject: Re: Daytona Beach Reptile Expo 2012 august 17-19   Daytona Beach Reptile Expo 2012 august 17-19 EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 12:33 pm

I have been to Daytona probably around 6 or 7 times over the years, even back when it was still in Orlando. On many levels it is still superior to any other show that I have attended on the east coast. As already mentioned there are top name speakers that give excellent presentations. In addition there are many comps that you just do not see at other shows such as free feeders, supplies, and so forth given away by the big companies. Also there are almost always vendors there from overseas with unusual animals, depending on your interest. With all of that being said many of the other shows have come a long way, often provide an ever increasing variety of animals, and do not require an expensive Florida vacation to attend. If you are thinking about going just to buy the above mentioned lizards I would probably either look online or go to Hamburg or one of the Repticons. If you want to take a beach vacation during the off season when most of the other people around are also herpers then I would definitely go to Daytona.
Chip
Back to top Go down
leftoflarry
VHS Moderator
VHS Moderator
leftoflarry

PostSubject: Re: Daytona Beach Reptile Expo 2012 august 17-19   Daytona Beach Reptile Expo 2012 august 17-19 EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 2:06 pm

Never been to the Daytona show, but I go at least once a year to the Hamburg show. And the Hamburg show by fare is the best one I've been to.
Back to top Go down
http://www.vaherpsociety.com
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
smb2585

PostSubject: Re: Daytona Beach Reptile Expo 2012 august 17-19   Daytona Beach Reptile Expo 2012 august 17-19 EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 5:53 pm

If Daytona wasnt so far away and such a high volume vacation place it probably would be a great show but the money to go there I would assume is very costly to include hotel expenses, fuel, etc then to have funds to spend to purchase.

Either way, if you attend a show that is kind of far away, I have found renting a car can actually pay off... less wear and tear on your personal vehicle and fuel efficient cars Smile

If you can take a weekend, I think Tinley is a good show. My personal favorite part was the auction after the first night (I know alot of the big 2 day shows do have the auctions to go to and they can be a big pay off on your trip). We rented a car and got a hotel off priceline with name your own price. Rented the car from Friday afternoon to Monday night for about $100 and then got the hotel for Saturday and Sunday night for about $80 total. Our car was pretty fuel efficient and we made it there and only had to stop for gas I think 3 times? While we were there in Tinley we ventured into Downtown Chicago to visit the 2 story Target Smile and sight seeing.... well worth it... just my opinion. I'd go back to Tinley again but definately thing Hamburg is more realistic for people in this area if you cant get to Myrtle Beach.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Daytona Beach Reptile Expo 2012 august 17-19   Daytona Beach Reptile Expo 2012 august 17-19 Empty

Back to top Go down

Daytona Beach Reptile Expo 2012 august 17-19
Page 1 of 1