VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Myrtle Beach Expo Aug 11-12 2012

Go down 
+2
smb2585
Jabberwocky Dragons
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Jabberwocky Dragons
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
Jabberwocky Dragons

Myrtle Beach Expo Aug 11-12 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Myrtle Beach Expo Aug 11-12 2012   Myrtle Beach Expo Aug 11-12 2012 EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 5:14 pm

We're thinking about going to this show. The vendor list isn't out yet but last year's looks impressive. Did anyone go last year? Anybody thinking about going this year?
Back to top Go down
http://www.JabberwockyDragons.com
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
smb2585

PostSubject: Re: Myrtle Beach Expo Aug 11-12 2012   Myrtle Beach Expo Aug 11-12 2012 EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 8:48 pm

We went to the very first one in July and it was a decent turn out. Alot of door prizes and such. I think if you can't make it to Hamburg or one of the other big shows this is a good one to attend. There were alot of vendors the first time but it wasn't extremely crowded. Depending on finances after Hamburg and what happens this summer, we may think of attending Myrtle Beach.
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: Myrtle Beach Expo Aug 11-12 2012   Myrtle Beach Expo Aug 11-12 2012 EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 11:56 am

This one might be on my agenda. I have to speak with my brother.
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
zues
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
zues

PostSubject: Re: Myrtle Beach Expo Aug 11-12 2012   Myrtle Beach Expo Aug 11-12 2012 EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 2:19 pm

I will not make it to this show. We are taking the kids to Hershey park for vacation this summer. I scheduled the trip to PA so that I will be around for the August 4th Hamburg show. Even made sure that the 4th was the last day of the trip so that IF(that's what I told my wife) I buy something we will already be heading home.
Back to top Go down
Jabberwocky Dragons
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
Jabberwocky Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Myrtle Beach Expo Aug 11-12 2012   Myrtle Beach Expo Aug 11-12 2012 EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 7:23 pm

That's good planning!

I really like that this show offers VIP tickets so I can go in early, talk with the vendors and get first shot at everything without having to deal with a crowd (which I keep hearing needs deodorant!).
Back to top Go down
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
smb2585

PostSubject: Re: Myrtle Beach Expo Aug 11-12 2012   Myrtle Beach Expo Aug 11-12 2012 EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 9:12 am

LOL @ Brian - you would be amazed at the stench (sp?) of people at these shows. My daughter wanted to go to Hamburg with us at first then I explained shes at about armpit level and the jam packed walking haha she almost passed out at the thought Smile

I really think this is a good show to go to if you cant make it to Hamburg but I think Hamburg is more established. Both shows are good ones though so pick one people and make it happen Smile

You & the Captain Can make it Happen

Myrtle Beach Expo Aug 11-12 2012 Capn-crunch
Back to top Go down
Jabberwocky Dragons
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
Jabberwocky Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Myrtle Beach Expo Aug 11-12 2012   Myrtle Beach Expo Aug 11-12 2012 EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 9:11 pm

Myrtle Beach Expo Wrap Up

So we just got back from the Myrtle Beach Expo about one hour ago. All in all, it was a great show and I highly recommend it. We got VIP passes so got in early and it took almost an hour to walk around with it nearly empty.

There was mostly ball pythons and A LOT of Hots. No dedicated bearded dragon breeders, just a handful here and there as an after thought at some tables. I wish we could have gone as a vendor but are completely out right now. It was good to see some locals vending, Joe Ellis was there with some Josies and other really nice looking BPs.

My top non BP picks would be a rodent eating King Cobra for sale ($1k) and Tom Crutchfield had these shimmering albinoish iguanas that I've never seen before. Amazing!

We were disapointed that out of all the vendors, there were virtually no uromastyx or pac man frogs (looking for an apricot albino Smile ). It wouldn't hurt a couple of the vendors to learn to answer basic sales questions without going on a rant (stick to internet sales guys Suspect ) but most were very friendly and it was great talking to them.

The location itself was great, very open and plenty of parking. Also, there apparently is a difference between the Crown Reef Hotel Convention Center where the vendors stay and Myrtle Beach Convention Center where the expo actually is. Fortunately they're only a couple miles apart so we only lost ~10 min.

Other great sights were eyelash vipers, lots of monocled cobras, a marmoset playing with blocks in a play pen (personal pet), and loads of gila monsters. There was every BP morph under the sun their as well. It was really really difficult, but we walked away with nothing but feeders.
Back to top Go down
Don

PostSubject: Re: Myrtle Beach Expo Aug 11-12 2012   Myrtle Beach Expo Aug 11-12 2012 EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 9:52 pm

Thanks for the report! Glad you had a good time. I think as Florida keeps clamping down on reptile, this show will be the next Daytona.
Back to top Go down
http://www.PlethoraOfPythons.com
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: Myrtle Beach Expo Aug 11-12 2012   Myrtle Beach Expo Aug 11-12 2012 EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 10:33 pm

Sounds like fun!! Too bad you didn't bring that cobra home.

Animal Jungle had some pacmans last time I was there but unsure about the morphs. I plan to go there and get one if they still have any very soon, so I'll snap some pictures for you.
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
Jabberwocky Dragons
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
Jabberwocky Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Myrtle Beach Expo Aug 11-12 2012   Myrtle Beach Expo Aug 11-12 2012 EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 9:40 am

Yea, it's a shame about the snakes. On a related note, there were a lot of rectics and boas but no anacondas, Burmese, or afrocks there.

Haha, I wish I could have. When I asked, my wife actually gave the go ahead but she was just calling my bluff as I'm in no way capable of caring for a venomous snake. He sure was incredible though.

Thanks Nick! I sent you an email about the pacmans
Back to top Go down
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
smb2585

PostSubject: Re: Myrtle Beach Expo Aug 11-12 2012   Myrtle Beach Expo Aug 11-12 2012 EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 11:26 am

When we attended the first one it was a good one. We didn't go to Myrtle Beach because we have officially decided we will be going back to Tinley this year... just not sure if we are driving there and back or flying one way and driving back or flying round trip and deciding how to get our purchases home.
Back to top Go down
volley6man
volley6man

PostSubject: Re: Myrtle Beach Expo Aug 11-12 2012   Myrtle Beach Expo Aug 11-12 2012 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 7:41 pm

It's a bit of a shame that the Myrtle Beach show is the weekend before the Daytona one. We went to Myrtle Beach (dashed there Friday, went to the show and drove back Saturday) and actually were a little disappointed. We've been to Daytona in the past and were blown away by it so we had high expectations for Myrtle Beach.
It was still a decent show and we walked away with a few new additions to the collection. I was surprised by the quantity of venemous animals there. And they were being snatched up pretty quickly too!
The albino iguanas were neat. We bought stuff from Crutchfields in Florida, back when they were Glades Herps. They always had cool new things.
Did see a couple African Rock pythons, just 2 and very few Burmese. The focus was definitely on the Ball pythons and the Hognose morphs.
I wish there were more folks selling rack systems. There were a couple smaller vendors selling PVC and another plastic system and then there were the $2500- $3500 rack systems by the entrance. Wish I had won the lottery to get one of those.

May attend the next one but think we'll save up for Daytona next year.

Back to top Go down
Don

PostSubject: Re: Myrtle Beach Expo Aug 11-12 2012   Myrtle Beach Expo Aug 11-12 2012 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 8:00 pm

Im really excited about going to Daytona! The last post makes me look even more so towards the trip.
Back to top Go down
http://www.PlethoraOfPythons.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Myrtle Beach Expo Aug 11-12 2012   Myrtle Beach Expo Aug 11-12 2012 Empty

Back to top Go down

Myrtle Beach Expo Aug 11-12 2012
Page 1 of 1