VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Eublaberus Distanti (Six Spotted Roach)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Docwade87
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Docwade87

Eublaberus Distanti (Six Spotted Roach) Empty
PostSubject: Eublaberus Distanti (Six Spotted Roach)   Eublaberus Distanti (Six Spotted Roach) EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 1:06 am

These guys are by far one of my favorite feeder species I keep. They are non-climbing/nonflying species that eat like it is going out of style. They are very strong and very beefy. One of the thicker species of feeder roaches. Definitely top Dubia. I am currently building a nice sized colony to be able to support all of my collection as well as support any other enthusiasts who would like one as pets or to use as feeders. They also are fairly attractive for a roach. They do not produce a defense odor like their Orange Headed Roach cousins. However, even a defense odor produced by any species of roach is a thousand times better smelling than crickets!! I promise!!!

Here are a few pics of them

Mature adult...
Eublaberus Distanti (Six Spotted Roach) IMG_0157

Assorted sized nymphs along with a mature adult...
Eublaberus Distanti (Six Spotted Roach) IMG_0159

I caught one in the middle of molting.....pretty neat

Eublaberus Distanti (Six Spotted Roach) IMG_0257
Back to top Go down
ezekiel21
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
ezekiel21

PostSubject: Re: Eublaberus Distanti (Six Spotted Roach)   Eublaberus Distanti (Six Spotted Roach) EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 1:12 am

they are pretty neat looking. im pretty fond of my dubia roaches...... you say these are better? so they are similar in that they do not smell, do not fly, and do not climb, like dubia but do they make any noise. are they bigger than dubia? sorry bout all the questions, lol
Back to top Go down
Foster Reves
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

PostSubject: Re: Eublaberus Distanti (Six Spotted Roach)   Eublaberus Distanti (Six Spotted Roach) EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 1:12 am

Those are pretty. Is the culture the same as other popular roach species? I culture dubias and rusty reds for feeders but have been wanting to get some dominos just to keep as pets.
Chip
Back to top Go down
Docwade87
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Docwade87

PostSubject: Re: Eublaberus Distanti (Six Spotted Roach)   Eublaberus Distanti (Six Spotted Roach) EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 1:21 am

they do not make any noise and yes primarily all feeder roaches can be kept in similar environments. Obviously not together lol. Yes IMO these guys are ten times better than dubia. It seems as if dubia have been cultivated so much in the captive environment that they know they are going to be eaten and therefore stay still and do not move unless you poke at them. Granted the dubia are a little more prolific with out having housing requirements perfect, but it is not hard to get them going as long as you have things set up correctly. This species is also looked at as a pet species.

Last edited by Docwade87 on Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
smd58
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
smd58

PostSubject: Re: Eublaberus Distanti (Six Spotted Roach)   Eublaberus Distanti (Six Spotted Roach) EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 1:22 am

I like them already for the no flying or climbing. But they have that roach look. And roaches are no on my favorite thing list.
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: Eublaberus Distanti (Six Spotted Roach)   Eublaberus Distanti (Six Spotted Roach) EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 9:48 am

Those females are plump!
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
Docwade87
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Docwade87

PostSubject: Re: Eublaberus Distanti (Six Spotted Roach)   Eublaberus Distanti (Six Spotted Roach) EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 10:36 am

Focal wrote:
Those females are plump!

both males and females have wings so those that you are referring to are just nymphs....but yes they are a thick species of Roach
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: Eublaberus Distanti (Six Spotted Roach)   Eublaberus Distanti (Six Spotted Roach) EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 11:38 am

Gotcha!! They are lovely.
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eublaberus Distanti (Six Spotted Roach)   Eublaberus Distanti (Six Spotted Roach) Empty

Back to top Go down

Eublaberus Distanti (Six Spotted Roach)
Page 1 of 1