VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Some Virginia Turtles

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
jw
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
jw

Some Virginia Turtles Empty
PostSubject: Some Virginia Turtles   Some Virginia Turtles EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 8:47 pm

Wood Turtle
Some Virginia Turtles T1
Red-belled cooter and eastern painted turtles
Some Virginia Turtles T2
Stripe-necked musk turtle
Some Virginia Turtles T3
Spotted Turtle
Some Virginia Turtles T4
Loggerhead seaturtle
Some Virginia Turtles T5
Eastern musk turtle
Some Virginia Turtles T6
Back to top Go down
rrubberbandman
Established Member
Established Member
rrubberbandman

PostSubject: Re: Some Virginia Turtles   Some Virginia Turtles EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 10:51 pm

Wood turtles! one of my favorites!!!
What part of Va. did you find him at?
Bryan
Back to top Go down
jw
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
jw

PostSubject: Re: Some Virginia Turtles   Some Virginia Turtles EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 10:34 am

Wood turtles are cool. Normally find them in London Co. Don't see nearly as many I use to. It is my understanding that along with habitat destruction, illegal collection for the European pet trade are the main threats to our native populations.
Back to top Go down
smd58
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
smd58

PostSubject: Re: Some Virginia Turtles   Some Virginia Turtles EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 6:57 pm

first wood turtle ive seen, they look cool, but cool = illegal collection. I have a few spotted in my turtle pond.
Back to top Go down
jw
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
jw

PostSubject: Re: Some Virginia Turtles   Some Virginia Turtles EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 10:01 pm

What other turtles do you have in with the spotted turtles?
Back to top Go down
smd58
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
smd58

PostSubject: Re: Some Virginia Turtles   Some Virginia Turtles EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 1:29 am

Nothing with them because of the water, some red ears in another.
Back to top Go down
jw
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
jw

PostSubject: Re: Some Virginia Turtles   Some Virginia Turtles EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 12:11 pm

What you mean by "because of the water"?

In some of the spotted turtle locations in my neck of the woods, many of the juvenile/sub-adult spotteds are missing their rear limbs. I think this may be due to the increase in red-eared sliders. Of course it cold also be due to birds, snapping and/other turtles, mammals.
Back to top Go down
smd58
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
smd58

PostSubject: Re: Some Virginia Turtles   Some Virginia Turtles EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 6:50 pm

The spotted like a lower PH then the reds.
Back to top Go down
jw
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
jw

PostSubject: Re: Some Virginia Turtles   Some Virginia Turtles EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 8:10 pm

Interesting, I did not know that. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some Virginia Turtles   Some Virginia Turtles Empty

Back to top Go down

Some Virginia Turtles
Page 1 of 1