VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Box Turtles

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Running_Elk
Established Member
Established Member

Box Turtles Empty
PostSubject: Box Turtles   Box Turtles EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 8:12 pm

Does anyone in Virginia work with Box Turtles? Like are there any breeders here, or people who are looking to sell/rehome them? I know you can't buy or sell eastern boxies, but I was hoping someone here worked with ornate, three toed, or gulf coasts too. 

I was given a box turtle of recent and I would like another. I have always liked them a lot and have experience with them, particularly the three-toed variety native to Louisiana. I also used to work with the Eastern at the nature center I used to work at. 

I am not looking to bother one in the wild, but I was hoping to find a breeder or even someone who doesn't want their's anymore.
Back to top Go down
jw
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
jw

Box Turtles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Box Turtles   Box Turtles EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 9:36 pm

Check with nature centers in your area (Three Lakes Nature Center?), sometimes they get box turtles that can not be released. It's best to go in and talk to them face to face.
Back to top Go down

Box Turtles
Page 1 of 1