VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New Addition, very excited on this one! Pure Super Dwarf

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Deedle
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Deedle

New Addition, very excited on this one! Pure Super Dwarf Empty
PostSubject: New Addition, very excited on this one! Pure Super Dwarf   New Addition, very excited on this one! Pure Super Dwarf EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 3:05 pm

A little break in the weather and finally able to get this girl.

100% Pure Super Dwarf Retic
New Addition, very excited on this one! Pure Super Dwarf Sd10

I will let her settle and take some size comparison pictures, she hatched May 2013, consider I have a couple female balls that hatched June 2013 I'll have some good comparison photos soon.

To give a size reference shes about 3' in length and 107 grams

Last edited by Deedle on Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ginvbch
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
Ginvbch

PostSubject: Re: New Addition, very excited on this one! Pure Super Dwarf   New Addition, very excited on this one! Pure Super Dwarf EmptyWed Feb 19, 2014 12:05 am

Nice! Congrats!
Back to top Go down
Dementeddogz
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Dementeddogz

PostSubject: Re: New Addition, very excited on this one! Pure Super Dwarf   New Addition, very excited on this one! Pure Super Dwarf EmptyWed Feb 19, 2014 1:55 am

congrats, I havent seen too many super dwarfs personally but love some retic combos. Ive been toying with picking up another myself here soon
Back to top Go down
http://www.morphedout.com
Deedle
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Deedle

PostSubject: Re: New Addition, very excited on this one! Pure Super Dwarf   New Addition, very excited on this one! Pure Super Dwarf EmptyWed Feb 19, 2014 5:43 am

Shes a little ball of energy, I can tell she has a feeding response and let me tell you shes 100x quicker than any of the balls we have.

The pure SDs hit around 6' in length and not as much girth as a Ball Python.  Super Dwarf morphs are pretty awesome, hoping to get an Anery SD female also this year. But I really wanted a nice normal SD female from the best SD lines.

She came from Travis Kubes, who I've known for years and have watched become one of the top guys in the business.
Back to top Go down
Deedle
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Deedle

PostSubject: Re: New Addition, very excited on this one! Pure Super Dwarf   New Addition, very excited on this one! Pure Super Dwarf EmptyWed Feb 19, 2014 4:30 pm

New Addition, very excited on this one! Pure Super Dwarf Size110

New Addition, very excited on this one! Pure Super Dwarf Size210

You can see here
Super Dwarf Born May 2013 - 107 grams
Pastel Butter Born June 2013 - 350 grams

The super dwarf is a little bit longer, but she is so tiny in comparison overall to that of a Ball Python.

The albino het stripe is September Hatchling and shes 220 grams already.
Back to top Go down
TinatheTegu
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
TinatheTegu

PostSubject: Re: New Addition, very excited on this one! Pure Super Dwarf   New Addition, very excited on this one! Pure Super Dwarf EmptyWed Feb 19, 2014 5:05 pm

Thats an awesome catch. congrats  cheers . she's going to be a gorgeous one.
Back to top Go down
Deedle
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Deedle

PostSubject: Re: New Addition, very excited on this one! Pure Super Dwarf   New Addition, very excited on this one! Pure Super Dwarf EmptyWed Feb 19, 2014 8:05 pm

The camera makes her look much darker, shes got a great iridescence and is amazing looking. I think my gf is already hooked on retics lol.
Back to top Go down
Deedle
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Deedle

PostSubject: Re: New Addition, very excited on this one! Pure Super Dwarf   New Addition, very excited on this one! Pure Super Dwarf EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 8:50 am

She was offered on feed day, took.
New Addition, very excited on this one! Pure Super Dwarf Sd210

And finally with a fat belly she calmed down.
New Addition, very excited on this one! Pure Super Dwarf Fatty10
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: New Addition, very excited on this one! Pure Super Dwarf   New Addition, very excited on this one! Pure Super Dwarf EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 8:10 pm

Are super dwarfs from Jampea lineage or totally separate?
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
Deedle
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Deedle

PostSubject: Re: New Addition, very excited on this one! Pure Super Dwarf   New Addition, very excited on this one! Pure Super Dwarf EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 8:33 pm

Completely separate, when you hear the term Jampea, Selayer, Sulawesi (considered the largest growing in general of Retics), Buton island etc etc these are all separate localities of Retics.

Jampea have been considered dwarf for quite some time. Jamps get large, Several 14-16' and one guy with a 19' pure Jamp female.

The girl I have when the original lines came in they didn't come with a locality, the original WC female was in the 5-6' range wrapped around eggs. And as far as I know the breeders that got original line animals most of the adults are in the 5-6' range some may peak slightly over. And have seen adults in the 4.5' range on eggs.

Other retics considered to be Super Dwarf are Kalaotoa, Kayuadi, and Madu (these typically get a little larger in the 7-8' range)
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: New Addition, very excited on this one! Pure Super Dwarf   New Addition, very excited on this one! Pure Super Dwarf EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 8:34 pm

Gotcha, thanks!
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
Deedle
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Deedle

PostSubject: Re: New Addition, very excited on this one! Pure Super Dwarf   New Addition, very excited on this one! Pure Super Dwarf EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 9:26 pm

It's quite confusing

I'm trying to encourage a few of the Locality Gurus to compile everything into a list.

I'm trying to learn as much as I can about the localities, I may even plan a trip to Indo in a couple years.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Addition, very excited on this one! Pure Super Dwarf   New Addition, very excited on this one! Pure Super Dwarf Empty

Back to top Go down

New Addition, very excited on this one! Pure Super Dwarf
Page 1 of 1