VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ball Python Breeding

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ReptilePanda3191
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
ReptilePanda3191

Ball Python Breeding Empty
PostSubject: Ball Python Breeding   Ball Python Breeding EmptyFri Dec 13, 2013 12:19 am

Hay everyone ... hopefully I am posting in the right area lol!!
But I am wanting to start breeding ball pythons! Everyone keeps telling me how easy it is and everything and I have been wanting to do it for about a year now ... I just need a little help. How do you set up everything? what do you use for heat? What's the best "system" to use that's cheap because we are poor white folk lmfao

Just some helpful tips or anything would help out
thanks so much guys!! <3
Back to top Go down
jinx
jinx

PostSubject: Re: Ball Python Breeding   Ball Python Breeding EmptyFri Dec 13, 2013 2:46 pm

My helpful tip:

Figure out your budget first.. How much you can afford to spend for food, electricity, husbandry, and illness. If you start collecting before you get those figures, you may find yourself very stressed, broke, and homeless with sick hungry animals that no one will buy.

There is nothing CHEAP or EASY about reptile breeding!!!
Back to top Go down
ReptilePanda3191
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
ReptilePanda3191

PostSubject: Re: Ball Python Breeding   Ball Python Breeding EmptyFri Dec 13, 2013 2:51 pm

Well I breed my own food
I have a breeder as a back up I mine don't breed for me.
I know a few exotic vets around me that I could take them too
I don't have a large collection of balls right now. There just my pets until I can figure out finances and the whole breedin thing in general (:
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: Ball Python Breeding   Ball Python Breeding EmptyFri Dec 13, 2013 5:36 pm

I think the best tip is researching everything out there and developing your own practice from what you see most commonly practice. I learned from everyone's practices and mistakes, read forums until my eyes bled, and took it very slow. I giggle everytime I see someone say its easy. Of course it's easy to "breed," it's like just putting two dogs together, they do it on their own. It's all the stuff that surrounds it that's hard. I only keep between 30-50 snakes throughout the year, breed my own rats and still spend about 15-20 hours a week caring, cleaning, feeding, documenting, cleaning, humidifying, cleaning, watering and cleaning. Also, you may not have many snakes now, but that number can take off quickly and you should always be prepared for far more than you currently have. Empty rack space is a good thing lol.
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
Jabberwocky Dragons
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
Jabberwocky Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Ball Python Breeding   Ball Python Breeding EmptyFri Dec 13, 2013 8:52 pm

Focal wrote:
read forums until my eyes bled, and took it very slow.  I giggle everytime I see someone say its easy.  

THIS! The best way to breed is to take it slow with your pets and gradually expand your collection if it's something enjoyable. There is no cheap system for bps. A good place to start would be the care sheets and multiple info topics available right here.
Back to top Go down
http://www.JabberwockyDragons.com
ReptilePanda3191
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
ReptilePanda3191

PostSubject: Re: Ball Python Breeding   Ball Python Breeding EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 2:48 am

Thank you so much guys (:
Back to top Go down
bcr229
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
bcr229

PostSubject: Re: Ball Python Breeding   Ball Python Breeding EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 6:00 pm

One tip I got was to make sure that you have a correctly working incubator before pairing up anything.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ExtremeFirepower.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ball Python Breeding   Ball Python Breeding Empty

Back to top Go down

Ball Python Breeding
Page 1 of 1