VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sometimes I really hate people

Go down 
+2
Deedle
RalphMills
6 posters
AuthorMessage
RalphMills
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
RalphMills

Sometimes I really hate people Empty
PostSubject: Sometimes I really hate people   Sometimes I really hate people EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 6:30 pm

Drowned rainbow snake that someone caught in a cast net and then looks like they abandoned it because a snake was stuck in it. It was tangled in a grass bed. If only they realized that not many people are fortunate enough to see one of these beautiful creatures!
[img]Sometimes I really hate people 100_0475[/img]
Back to top Go down
RalphMills
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
RalphMills

PostSubject: Even the belly is beautiful!   Sometimes I really hate people EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 6:35 pm

[img]Sometimes I really hate people 100_0482[/img]
Back to top Go down
RalphMills
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
RalphMills

PostSubject: Some people   Sometimes I really hate people EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 6:45 pm

[img]Sometimes I really hate people 100_0468[/img]
Back to top Go down
Deedle
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Deedle

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes I really hate people   Sometimes I really hate people EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 6:59 pm

This is what people like you, and I and those are on the forum here we need to educate people.

I know so many people that are terrified of snakes, yet my 6 year old son wanted a snake over any toy I could possibly find him I took him to the toy store and everywhere.

He is being taught to respect animals, he won't go up to a strange dog like most kids he knows better.

Back to top Go down
scalyfoot
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes I really hate people   Sometimes I really hate people EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 11:24 pm

Disturbing photo, but, unfortunately all too common. People are terrified of snakes. My mother, rest her soul, equated the word 'snake' with the word 'kill'. When I was in the classroom I sometimes kept snakes, and parents who visited were like 'OMG, you've got a snake in here!' And I'm thinking WTF, it's a snake--it's not the Lock Ness Monster! Spent a lot of time trying to get students to understand how snakes are beneficial to the ecosystem.

Deedle is right. This forum is a good place to help educate people, not only about snakes, but about reptiles in general.
Back to top Go down
jw
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
jw

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes I really hate people   Sometimes I really hate people EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 9:26 am

The really is a shame.
Ralf, do you mind if use your photos for educational purposes?
Back to top Go down
RalphMills
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
RalphMills

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes I really hate people   Sometimes I really hate people EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 2:27 pm

Sure jw. Anytime!!
Back to top Go down
jw
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
jw

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes I really hate people   Sometimes I really hate people EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 9:36 am

In which city/county was the photo taken?
Back to top Go down
RalphMills
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
RalphMills

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes I really hate people   Sometimes I really hate people EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 1:01 pm

Will send you a PM. Was asked not to give out location.
Back to top Go down
sic_anger
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
sic_anger

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes I really hate people   Sometimes I really hate people EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 1:27 pm

Sad situation guessing it was to late for the snake?
Back to top Go down
Lokielani
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
Lokielani

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes I really hate people   Sometimes I really hate people EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 8:35 pm

That's sad, especially because I'm sure it happens more often than not. It was a beautiful snake.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes I really hate people   Sometimes I really hate people Empty

Back to top Go down

Sometimes I really hate people
Page 1 of 1