VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

got a question for you guys

Go down 
+7
Jabberwocky Dragons
Don
b_rickard
bcr229
zues
Vergesseneins
dj6884
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
dj6884
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
dj6884

got a question for you guys Empty
PostSubject: got a question for you guys   got a question for you guys EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 5:34 pm

i had a lady purchase one of my hatchlings a couple of months ago and requested it needed to be on ft before it came home, i told them it may take a while being babys prefer live and that may not be willing to go on ft until it got older, and she was fine with it. so ive been tryng my best to get a good feeding response and the baby is doing great but stil not interested in frozen thawed which they were updated frequently so ive spent alot of time on this baby for them, a couple of days ago she msg me and said that her bf would prefer a spider bp male and wanted one from my bee i told her that i didnt know when i would have a bee clutch but he is currently breeding a female now and would put the money toward the spider male when the clutch arrives, and she agreed that was fine. here is the issue im having i spent alot of time on this baby now they dont want it what should i do, it will take alot longer for her to wait for a spider out of the next clutch, should i just send her the purchased baby and let her do as they please, i dont want to resel the baby then have her change her mind and want him back any help would be apreciated thanks
Back to top Go down
Vergesseneins
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Vergesseneins

PostSubject: Re: got a question for you guys   got a question for you guys EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 6:03 pm

what is the baby? (if you dont mind me asking) Personally if you are mad at them at all i would say only sell them the one they payed for. OR you could put that one up for sale and if it sales fast then just go ahead and put their money towards new snake. Id been upset after putting all that time any money into the snake for them to change their mind. But if you sell them the new snake you should make them pay more for every feeding that takes place while trying to get him/her on FT...

guess if it were me i would charge them for all the feedings already on 1st snake and then charge them for feedings for new snake before i sent them anything . Could have already moved ball but instead they had you keep and feed it.

or bend to their will with customer is always right and take a loss
Back to top Go down
Vergesseneins
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Vergesseneins

PostSubject: Re: got a question for you guys   got a question for you guys EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 6:05 pm

CUSTOMER IS NOT ALWAYS RIGHT!!!
Back to top Go down
zues
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
zues

PostSubject: Re: got a question for you guys   got a question for you guys EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 6:05 pm

It sounds like you have already agreed to put her money towards a spider.
Back to top Go down
zues
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
zues

PostSubject: Re: got a question for you guys   got a question for you guys EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 6:07 pm

Vergesseneins wrote:
what is the baby? (if you dont mind me asking) Personally if you are mad at them at all i would say only sell them the one they payed for. OR you could put that one up for sale and if it sales fast then just go ahead and put their money towards new snake. Id been upset after putting all that time any money into the snake for them to change their mind. But if you sell them the new snake you should make them pay more for every feeding that takes place while trying to get him/her on FT...

guess if it were me i would charge them for all the feedings already on 1st snake and then charge them for feedings for new snake before i sent them anything . Could have already moved ball but instead they had you keep and feed it.

or bend to their will with customer is always right and take a loss

I agree customer is not always right but if you agree to something(switching to FT or putting money towards another snake) you should honor it.
Back to top Go down
dj6884
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
dj6884

PostSubject: Re: got a question for you guys   got a question for you guys EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 6:25 pm

i def dont mind putting it toward a male spider my concern is they change their mind and they want their money back or the snake they originally wanted i dont know when the next bee clutch is coming i have told them this and they were ok with it the snake is a male pastel bp plus ft is hard for a hatchling to jump straight on they prefer live i want to find a new home for the pastel boy but i hate to then get a boi being i sold him and they decided they wanted him back ugh its a mess
Back to top Go down
bcr229
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
bcr229

PostSubject: Re: got a question for you guys   got a question for you guys EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 7:01 pm

The problem is that you don't have a spider male, and the clutch from the female he's locking with now may not give you one. I would simply refund her money and let her know that if you produce one you will let her know.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ExtremeFirepower.com/
dj6884
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
dj6884

PostSubject: Re: got a question for you guys   got a question for you guys EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 7:16 pm

the only issue is i dont feed ft and ive been buying ft and have been tryng to feed it after it thaws i wont re freeze it again so ive been through quite a bit of ft mice i feel like the money i spent on the snake they originally purchased should go to feeding that one i didnt ask much for the snake
Back to top Go down
zues
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
zues

PostSubject: Re: got a question for you guys   got a question for you guys EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 7:46 pm

dj6884 wrote:
the only issue is i dont feed ft and ive been buying ft and have been tryng to feed it after it thaws i wont re freeze it  again so ive been through quite a bit of ft mice i feel like the money i spent on the snake they originally purchased should go to feeding that one i didnt ask much for the snake

I understand what you are saying but you agreed to switch it over to FT. If you were worried about the expense or your ability to convert it you should have said so and not agreed to do it. I would never agree to switch something over to frozen even if the snake was several thousand dollars because I don't feed frozen. If they want a frozen thawed eater let them do the work. Some balls will never take FT consistently.
Back to top Go down
b_rickard
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

PostSubject: Re: got a question for you guys   got a question for you guys EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 7:58 pm

sounds like you need to be a d#@k next time to me. You need a non refundable policy, written contract on stuff like this, and no promising future animals. You could end up loosing on this because what if you sell the original snake, and don't get a male spider, or what if you get a female spider and no male, she might tell you she is getting that snake for the originally agreed upon male price.

You're being way to nice in my opinion. Good luck and I hope it turns out for you in your favor.
Back to top Go down
dj6884
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
dj6884

PostSubject: Re: got a question for you guys   got a question for you guys EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 8:04 pm

well this sale wasnt local unfortunatly im going to refund the money i charged 130 shipped and withholding 40 for holding him when could have found a new home for him will talk to them soon and let then know do you think withholding the 40 is right
Back to top Go down
b_rickard
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

PostSubject: Re: got a question for you guys   got a question for you guys EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 8:06 pm

depends, did they know about it up front?
Back to top Go down
Vergesseneins
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Vergesseneins

PostSubject: Re: got a question for you guys   got a question for you guys EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 8:08 pm

know they are not going to be ok with it and i dont know legal stuff but with out contract i FEEL like all youcould do is full refund of just ship them the snake. As stated before there is no contract so if its not on ft then all u have to do is ship snake or refund...but i really dont know anything...id just let them know they are about to get a new pet
Back to top Go down
zues
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
zues

PostSubject: Re: got a question for you guys   got a question for you guys EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 8:09 pm

Unless you stated upfront about a nonrefundable deposit I don't know that you have the right to keep any money. If you had been able to convert the animal sooner it would have already been shipped and this problem would not exist. Not picking on you DJ. I 100% agree with Barry. You were being to nice and it turned around and bit you in the butt.
Back to top Go down
Don

PostSubject: Re: got a question for you guys   got a question for you guys EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 8:16 pm

You need terms of service in writing, that are agreed to up front before money changes hands. Without them, I think you should refund 100% and use it as a learning experience.
Back to top Go down
http://www.PlethoraOfPythons.com
dj6884
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
dj6884

PostSubject: Re: got a question for you guys   got a question for you guys EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 8:25 pm

this person was told about the non refundable deposite on the snake 25 percent non refundable the thing is how do you do things in writting when the person is half way across the country, next time unless i know the person all sales are final, i dont mind not selling right away i truly care about my snakes and unfortunatly its people that really want the snake that loses out but will be much wiser and maby should be alot less nicer than i was
Back to top Go down
Jabberwocky Dragons
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
Jabberwocky Dragons

PostSubject: Re: got a question for you guys   got a question for you guys EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 8:52 pm

For example, the terms page on a website would considered in writing. I agree with the others that it would be best to do a 100% refund.
Back to top Go down
http://www.JabberwockyDragons.com
dj6884
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
dj6884

PostSubject: Re: got a question for you guys   got a question for you guys EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 9:11 pm

im going to refund the money just waiting on them to msg me im def not doing ft anymore and i cant do in writing and i do not have a website i can only write in on the messenger or in a email in person yes in writing but weve checked the email i first sent to them stating non refundable deposite and they agreed in the beggining
Back to top Go down
dj6884
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
dj6884

PostSubject: Re: got a question for you guys   got a question for you guys EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 10:06 am

well she said she is going to look for a spider and will let me know whats going on, she still cant make up her mind:(
Back to top Go down
bcr229
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
bcr229

PostSubject: Re: got a question for you guys   got a question for you guys EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 1:06 pm

Speaking as someone who runs two small businesses - this is not a customer you want to keep. Be polite, but refund her money and let her waste someone else's time.
Back to top Go down
dj6884
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
dj6884

PostSubject: Re: got a question for you guys   got a question for you guys EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 2:15 pm

agreed i said i would refund her money but they want to wait to see if they can find a spider male first on ft this is becoming the worst transaction ever
Back to top Go down
maxhorsley
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
maxhorsley

PostSubject: Re: got a question for you guys   got a question for you guys EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 2:43 pm

You're probably doing the right thing DJ...like a few have said--refund all the money and be done with them...i've owned a couple businesses that were successful because i'm a "contract/in writing type person" whether it's with friends or random ppl. I was kinda thinking= these are snakes...Not Dogs or Horses, I don't think I would promise anyone I could train a snake to eat what I tell it too(we're lucky if they eat when we want them to half the time)---I'm glad to have seen This issue come up because I now know exactly what i'd personally tell someone if it comes up for me in the future. That would be not No...but Hell No. Wink 
Back to top Go down
dj6884
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
dj6884

PostSubject: Re: got a question for you guys   got a question for you guys EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 2:59 pm

thanks maxx yeah i try to be nice and help people anyway i can but still they run me over so yeah im going to send the money out whether their ready or not now im tired of the time i have wasted helping them to only be strung along when i could find this boy a home with someone that wants him, do you think its a bad thing if i return their money even if they want to wait im tired of waiting for them and just want it over with
Back to top Go down
Vergesseneins
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Vergesseneins

PostSubject: Re: got a question for you guys   got a question for you guys EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 3:03 pm

i was thinking just to give it back even if they dont want you too. Just have a way to show you refunded.
Back to top Go down
dj6884
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
dj6884

PostSubject: Re: got a question for you guys   got a question for you guys EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 3:50 pm

exactly what i was doing is to refund their money no matter what thankyou va herp people for the great advise i have learned alot from this experience and i apreciate everyones input you guys rock:smb2585: 
Back to top Go down
maxhorsley
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
maxhorsley

PostSubject: Re: got a question for you guys   got a question for you guys EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 4:39 pm

...I think it's a great thing to send a Refund..something you can track(and have proof)...and be done with them. That way you OWE them nothing--especially your TIME. They can pick up a Spider or Normal at their local pet shop if they really want one i'm sure? I'm just glad i've got to see this, because i'm a ppl pleaser also...now I see one more thing I won't try to do. Wink 
Back to top Go down
dj6884
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
dj6884

PostSubject: Re: got a question for you guys   got a question for you guys EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 5:35 pm

iagree 
Back to top Go down
dj6884
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
dj6884

PostSubject: Re: got a question for you guys   got a question for you guys EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 11:30 am

omg i could pull my hair out they found a spider male that is 225 shipped and they asked me if i could send them more money so they could get it and would pay me back weekly im so tired of this crap omg they want me to put more money when i send the money back Angry

Last edited by dj6884 on Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TheRealYoda34
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
TheRealYoda34

PostSubject: Re: got a question for you guys   got a question for you guys EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 11:32 am

Where are they located? I have a spider male that I'm asking less then that and is already on FT...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Zs.Reptile.House2013
dj6884
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
dj6884

PostSubject: Re: got a question for you guys   got a question for you guys EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 11:37 am

their located in illinois whats your email so i can send it to them
Back to top Go down
TheRealYoda34
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
TheRealYoda34

PostSubject: Re: got a question for you guys   got a question for you guys EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 11:41 am

I sent you a pm
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Zs.Reptile.House2013
zues
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
zues

PostSubject: Re: got a question for you guys   got a question for you guys EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 11:53 am

dj6884 wrote:
omg i could pull my hair out they found a spider male that is 225 shipped and they asked me if i could send them more money so they could get it and would pay me back weekly im so tired of this crap omg they want me to put more money when i send the money back  Angry

This is the perfect opportunity to wrap this deal up. Send them their money back and say sorry and can't make you a loan. Good luck with finding a spider male. Wash your hands of this deal QUICKLY.
Back to top Go down
Vergesseneins
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Vergesseneins

PostSubject: Re: got a question for you guys   got a question for you guys EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 12:08 pm

after that i believe the most professional thing to do is **** in a box and mail it to them.
Back to top Go down
dj6884
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
dj6884

PostSubject: Re: got a question for you guys   got a question for you guys EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 12:43 pm

lol ive told them i will not give them a loan and money will be in the mail today as far as im concerned i will not be selling nor dealing with them again, of course i was called unprofessional for not loaning money tho lol
Back to top Go down
Vergesseneins
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Vergesseneins

PostSubject: Re: got a question for you guys   got a question for you guys EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 12:56 pm

wtf...who are these crazy ********...???!!!

i have to go back to walmart today and return some shirt that i got with pockets and i wanted them without...when get my money back i will ask them for extra money so i can go to the mall and get different shirts and pay walmart back later...they say no i will call them unprofessional!!!
Back to top Go down
dj6884
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
dj6884

PostSubject: Re: got a question for you guys   got a question for you guys EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 1:11 pm

lol right well im not dealing with them anymore another member has a spider male and is going to talk to them about it
Back to top Go down
zues
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
zues

PostSubject: Re: got a question for you guys   got a question for you guys EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 1:42 pm

Be careful Sean. You may want to run away also.
Back to top Go down
bcr229
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
bcr229

PostSubject: Re: got a question for you guys   got a question for you guys EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 6:00 pm

Wow, that takes some serious nerve, asking you for a loan.  Tell them you breed snakes, you're not a danged bank.

Are you sure these people aren't scammers?

BTW before you advertise another snake for sale draft up some policies to cover your six. If you'd had a xx% non-refundable policy in place at least you'd have some minimal compensation for your time and trouble.
Back to top Go down
Don

PostSubject: Re: got a question for you guys   got a question for you guys EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 6:12 pm

I have a spider and I wouldn't sell it to them. In addition, I hope they never know that I exist. Sounds like a problem to me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.PlethoraOfPythons.com
Vergesseneins
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Vergesseneins

PostSubject: Re: got a question for you guys   got a question for you guys EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 6:13 pm

guess we will know if they ask us to get in on FT first
Back to top Go down
dj6884
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
dj6884

PostSubject: Re: got a question for you guys   got a question for you guys EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 6:29 pm

im def going to do things better now when the money gets their i will know plus their name on fb if anyone wants to know pm me
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: got a question for you guys   got a question for you guys EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 7:27 pm

dj6884 wrote:
lol ive told them i will not give them a loan and money will be in the mail today as far as im concerned i will not be selling nor dealing with them again, of course i was called unprofessional for not loaning money tho lol

If you arent sending a check, I would get a postal money order and send it certified. If they are upset, they may end up "not receiving it" if you know what I mean.
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
dj6884
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
dj6884

PostSubject: Re: got a question for you guys   got a question for you guys EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 7:38 pm

i hear that but they have to sighn for it i made sure of it
Back to top Go down
b_rickard
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

PostSubject: Re: got a question for you guys   got a question for you guys EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 10:23 pm

sounds like a scam to me!
Back to top Go down
dj6884
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
dj6884

PostSubject: Re: got a question for you guys   got a question for you guys EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 9:39 pm

update i guess they were tryng to get a spider off a person on here and now their harrassing me because they havnt gotten ahold of them since last night at ten pm and asking me to get ahold of them i dont know the guys real name but if their bothering you tell them flat no, their asking me to buy it off you and then send it to them ugh sorry dude for all the issues their now bothering you with🇳🇴 No 
Back to top Go down
Vergesseneins
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Vergesseneins

PostSubject: Re: got a question for you guys   got a question for you guys EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 12:58 am

tell them i have one!!! i want to talk to them too!!! Evil or Very Mad Wink 
Back to top Go down
maxhorsley
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
maxhorsley

PostSubject: Re: got a question for you guys   got a question for you guys EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 2:22 am

....LOL....I have a male spider i'll sell them....950...plus shipping cryingwithlaughter 
Back to top Go down
zues
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
zues

PostSubject: Re: got a question for you guys   got a question for you guys EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 2:35 am

maxhorsley wrote:
....LOL....I have a male spider i'll sell them....950...plus shipping cryingwithlaughter 

Do you take payments? I think they're interested.
Back to top Go down
maxhorsley
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
maxhorsley

PostSubject: Re: got a question for you guys   got a question for you guys EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 3:01 am

Why yes I do...90% down--the last 10% is at 23.9%APR for 12 mos. Not a problem, I will ship him as soon as it's paid off. (Note: $250 admin fee/$300. Shipping flat rate to anywhere East of the Mississippi...add $300 more for West of the Mississippi.) By the time they pay him off he may be at breeding weight!!!! lol! 
Back to top Go down
dj6884
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
dj6884

PostSubject: Re: got a question for you guys   got a question for you guys EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 8:08 am

lol you guys crack me up lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: got a question for you guys   got a question for you guys Empty

Back to top Go down

got a question for you guys
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next