VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

if you live near hampton

Go down 
+10
Grymm
maxhorsley
mamasmarco
allaboutthekings
Rhuwme
Focal
zues
Vergesseneins
stormymay888
mommaduck224
14 posters
AuthorMessage
mommaduck224
Established Member
Established Member

if you live near hampton Empty
PostSubject: if you live near hampton   if you live near hampton EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 9:31 am

I recently moved to the area and stumbled across a free acess nature preserve in hampton its over 475 acres of marsh and creeks. I havent been to it yet because i would be going alone and since i have no experience with any venomous snakes id rather have a partner. I figured i would share it with you guys maybe youll come across some great finds. I never see anyone go in except the occasional jogger with their dog anyhow theres not really an address for it just a street: state park drive hampton va 23664. Its at the end of a very short rd off of beach rd. If any of you find anything out there maybe ill give it a shot as well. Enjoy and happy herping. :-)
Back to top Go down
mommaduck224
Established Member
Established Member

PostSubject: Re: if you live near hampton   if you live near hampton EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 9:35 am

Oh i forgot to add its Grandview nature preserve. If you need an address thats near by the 7-11 on beach rd is 71 beach rd hampton va 23664. The preserve is about 10-15 minutes past it. Follow the rd down until you get to a circle in the middle of the road its this weird turn around thing they have. Anyways once you get to that the preserve is at the end of the road to your left
Back to top Go down
stormymay888
stormymay888

PostSubject: Re: if you live near hampton   if you live near hampton EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 2:59 pm

Well just tell everyone about it why dont you jezzzz...its beautiful and more people go than you we just dont telling everyone to many people will DESTROY a place like this. Id be happy to go with you if you need the company could even show you some of the more hidden spots back there. BTW im 31 year old female not so strange guy trying to get you alone at the park....you should do do grandview a favor and remove your post and send me a message if you still need a hiking buddy.
Back to top Go down
http://stormymayartsandexotics.weebly.com
Vergesseneins
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Vergesseneins

PostSubject: Re: if you live near hampton   if you live near hampton EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 4:38 pm

awww we no can share here? 8(
Back to top Go down
zues
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
zues

PostSubject: Re: if you live near hampton   if you live near hampton EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 4:53 pm

I'm can be the strange guy am I invited? Suspect 
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: if you live near hampton   if you live near hampton EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 5:36 pm

If it was meant to be secret, it wouldn't be advertised by Hampton, the state of Virginia, DGIF, and many, many tourists sites. Maybe getting more people involved could stem clean ups and donations towards maintaining it. You do realize this is a site for enthusiasts for things like this, right?
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
Rhuwme
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
Rhuwme

PostSubject: Re: if you live near hampton   if you live near hampton EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 5:48 pm

I don't see anything wrong with maybe a get-together of like-minded people. I, personally, have never been field herping...
Back to top Go down
allaboutthekings
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
allaboutthekings

PostSubject: Re: if you live near hampton   if you live near hampton EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 5:54 pm

Wouldn't mind taking some pictures and I like hiking!
Back to top Go down
allaboutthekings
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
allaboutthekings

PostSubject: Re: if you live near hampton   if you live near hampton EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 5:56 pm

I can ID any of the snakes and have some experience field herping
Back to top Go down
mamasmarco
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
mamasmarco

PostSubject: Re: if you live near hampton   if you live near hampton EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 6:18 pm

I'd come along as well and bring my daughter with me. She loves lifting rocks
To look at weird/cool stuff. She's only 4 but owns all (my) the colubrids in my house..
That would be fun..! We're in..!
Back to top Go down
http://www.hamptonroadscritters.com
Rhuwme
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
Rhuwme

PostSubject: Re: if you live near hampton   if you live near hampton EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 7:10 pm

my son is 4, also, and i'm sure he'd have a great time looking for "bugs and stuff" lol
Back to top Go down
maxhorsley
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
maxhorsley

PostSubject: Re: if you live near hampton   if you live near hampton EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 7:57 pm

LOL...Noah and me are in...but I can't be the strange guy, as I know mommaduck at this point and would call her a friend.
Back to top Go down
Grymm
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
Grymm

PostSubject: Re: if you live near hampton   if you live near hampton EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 8:02 pm

This sounds like an awesome idea id be in as long as i dont work when it happens
Back to top Go down
http://www.grymmexotics.com/
zues
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
zues

PostSubject: Re: if you live near hampton   if you live near hampton EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 8:29 pm

Well if I bring the kids along I think it hurts my cred as the strange guy.
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: if you live near hampton   if you live near hampton EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 8:39 pm

Am I smelling the making of our first VaHerps outing?
Back to top Go down
Deedle
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Deedle

PostSubject: Re: if you live near hampton   if you live near hampton EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 8:44 pm

VaHerps Field Trip?

I know I'm a newer member here but that would be cool, but Hampton is a bit of a hike for me!
Back to top Go down
TheRealYoda34
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
TheRealYoda34

PostSubject: Re: if you live near hampton   if you live near hampton EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 9:01 pm

I want to be involved!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Zs.Reptile.House2013
mommaduck224
Established Member
Established Member

PostSubject: Re: if you live near hampton   if you live near hampton EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 9:18 pm

Let me know if y'all decide to set something up my 2 year old would love a field trip involving snakes and creepy crawlers.
Back to top Go down
stormymay888
stormymay888

PostSubject: Re: if you live near hampton   if you live near hampton EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 10:26 pm

Dont take me too serious folks...i just LOVE grandview and have seen it going downhill the last 10 years due to many people not knowing where their trash belongs. Its MY spot got dang it! But i GUESS if i HAVE to share I'd rather it be with you guys. Id be delighted to show you all around.
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: if you live near hampton   if you live near hampton EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 10:29 pm

Well let's coordinate here and I'll make a second thread when we have something to run with.

Anyone unable to do Aug 31st? I was thinking around 10am but didn't want to go too early because most of us have kids or too late in case the critters have moved on. I am in no way experienced in the area of field herping, but would be happy just sight seeing and saying Hi, maybe clean up if we see any trash. I know my son would love that part the best. He's all about saving the "earf."
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: if you live near hampton   if you live near hampton EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 10:30 pm

stormymay888 wrote:
Dont take me too serious folks...i  just LOVE grandview and have seen it going downhill the last 10 years due to many people not knowing where their trash belongs. Its MY spot got dang it! But i GUESS if i HAVE to share I'd rather it be with you guys. Id be delighted to show you all around.
Sorry, I was just giving you a hard time Razz I can understand sometimes the best places are well kept secrets.
Back to top Go down
stormymay888
stormymay888

PostSubject: Re: if you live near hampton   if you live near hampton EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 12:10 am

I would recommend an evening trip. The trail to get to the beach is pretty long and of course then there is beach itself which i do not recommend swiming in due to sudden and fairly deep drop offs as well as many sharp shells and hidden wooden pilings in the water. It will probably be very hot by the trip back if we start at 10. Most critters like to come out in early morning or evening for the same reason. BUG SPRAY is your best friend when walking grandview. You WILL be eaten alive without it!
Back to top Go down
BlackboxStar
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
BlackboxStar

PostSubject: Re: if you live near hampton   if you live near hampton EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 3:15 am

I'm out near there, I'd be in.
Back to top Go down
Christopher
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
Christopher

PostSubject: Re: if you live near hampton   if you live near hampton EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 9:15 pm

Did this thread die due to lack of interest? Sounds like a good time to me!
Back to top Go down
stormymay888
stormymay888

PostSubject: Re: if you live near hampton   if you live near hampton EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 1:52 pm

I would still be happy to show folks around...
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: if you live near hampton   if you live near hampton EmptySat Oct 12, 2013 10:43 am

I dropped the ball on this. I'm still for going if we can get a few people together.
Back to top Go down
maxhorsley
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
maxhorsley

PostSubject: Re: if you live near hampton   if you live near hampton EmptySat Oct 12, 2013 7:01 pm

....i'm still in of course...but Clay still has to be the designated "Creepy" guy! Hi 
Back to top Go down
maxhorsley
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
maxhorsley

PostSubject: Re: if you live near hampton   if you live near hampton EmptySat Oct 12, 2013 7:03 pm

...oops "Strange " guy....I don't know how I could have possibly had "creepy" come to mind????....hehe cryingwithlaughter 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: if you live near hampton   if you live near hampton Empty

Back to top Go down

if you live near hampton
Page 1 of 1