VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Need help finding different local snakes

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
csaunde9
csaunde9

Need help finding different local snakes Empty
PostSubject: Need help finding different local snakes   Need help finding different local snakes EmptyFri May 31, 2013 7:15 pm

So far this year I have had no problem finding black racers and water snakes... I could literally find a half dozen in a day of each... But I cannot for the life of me find any say copperheads or ribbon snakes or even a garter snake. I walk trails and creeks and go kayaking at least once a week. Anyone know of any good places around Charlottesville to find some different snakes. Any tips or places for me to try? I'm trying to at least find a few rare ones this summer. Thanks!

And also, don't worry, I have experience working with hots (close friend has Gaboons and saw scales I've worked with).
Back to top Go down
scooterisaboss4

PostSubject: Re: Need help finding different local snakes   Need help finding different local snakes EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 8:06 pm

If you look in low lying trees you might see some rough green snakes, sorry its not specific
Back to top Go down
jw
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
jw

PostSubject: Re: Need help finding different local snakes   Need help finding different local snakes EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 8:14 pm

Why do you want to find the snakes?
Back to top Go down
csaunde9
csaunde9

PostSubject: Re: Need help finding different local snakes   Need help finding different local snakes EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 8:00 pm

I like taking pictures and just seeing them. Just a hobby I guess
Back to top Go down
maxhorsley
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
maxhorsley

PostSubject: Re: Need help finding different local snakes   Need help finding different local snakes EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 12:58 am

...I'm right by the wetlands and near alot of water here in N. Suffolk and have yet to see any copperheads or cottonmouths-we had a baby rat snake by the back door a couple months ago and black racers and rat snakes are around. Nelson and I even went looking in some prime territory by my house and only came across a turtle in the gutter that day. I guess I'd call myself a True fieldherper too as there have been many evenings I go out looking to see what I could encounter near here...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need help finding different local snakes   Need help finding different local snakes Empty

Back to top Go down

Need help finding different local snakes
Page 1 of 1