VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hello all! Need a turtle ID!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
medusa40

Hello all! Need a turtle ID! Empty
PostSubject: Hello all! Need a turtle ID!   Hello all! Need a turtle ID! EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 11:32 pm

I'm a newbie and somehow I posted an ad in the classifieds so I am trying again here. I have a little turtle to see if anyone can ID it. Should be a box turtle but it doesn't quite look like any I have seen around here. Let me know what you'll think.

I tried 3 times now to upload the pics. I downloaded whatever it was it said I needed, it
shut down my Internet Explorer, changed my toolbar and now it still won't load.

https://s1102.photobucket.com/albums/g447/medusa005/little%20turtle/

Here's a photobucket link!

Back to top Go down
jw
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
jw

PostSubject: Re: Hello all! Need a turtle ID!   Hello all! Need a turtle ID! EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 3:32 pm

The dull coloration of the turtle is consistent with a three-toed box turtle (Terrapene carolina triunguis). If the number of toes on the rear foot is greater than three the turtle is an eastern box turtle.
Back to top Go down
b_rickard
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

PostSubject: Re: Hello all! Need a turtle ID!   Hello all! Need a turtle ID! EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 12:37 am

Juvie eastern boxie.
I pick up tons of them at work. I do not keep them, just move them off the road.
Back to top Go down
allaboutthekings
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
allaboutthekings

PostSubject: Re: Hello all! Need a turtle ID!   Hello all! Need a turtle ID! EmptyFri May 25, 2012 10:15 pm

eastern box
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello all! Need a turtle ID!   Hello all! Need a turtle ID! Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello all! Need a turtle ID!
Page 1 of 1