VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

turtle tanks

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
cootees
cootees

turtle tanks Empty
PostSubject: turtle tanks   turtle tanks EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 10:47 pm

Well, my little guys are rapidly growing and soon will have to move them to a bigger tank. I want to see other setups(particularly basking spots) to give me ideas for a near future build.
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

turtle tanks Empty
PostSubject: Re: turtle tanks   turtle tanks EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 10:50 pm

Here's an awesome outdoor setup Steve did for eye candy:

http://www.vaherps.com/t1522-turtle-pond?highlight=pond
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
cootees
cootees

turtle tanks Empty
PostSubject: Re: turtle tanks   turtle tanks EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 11:21 am

Yeah, the turtle pond looks great. When mine get to big for the aquariums I'll probably do something like that. For now I am looking for tank ideas though as I will be keeping them indoors.
Back to top Go down
smd58
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
smd58

turtle tanks Empty
PostSubject: Re: turtle tanks   turtle tanks EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 7:24 pm

Get a 55 flat tank Deep Blue makes one cost a little but worth it for the footprint 18x48. Then get a API Nexx filter because it's a canster filter that works great in turtle tank. Add a power sun bulb or one like it for your heat/basking spot plus it has UVB.
Back to top Go down
jw
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
jw

turtle tanks Empty
PostSubject: Re: turtle tanks   turtle tanks EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 7:35 pm

I've used plastic stock tanks for turtles. Rubbermaid makes a 100, 150 and a 300 gallon plastic stock tanks. My next stock tank will be this one: http://www.tractorsupply.com/american-farmland-reg-round-tank-8-x-2-in-plastic-2177188
Back to top Go down
cootees
cootees

turtle tanks Empty
PostSubject: Re: turtle tanks   turtle tanks EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 11:20 am

smd58 wrote:
Get a 55 flat tank Deep Blue makes one cost a little but worth it for the footprint 18x48. Then get a API Nexx filter because it's a canster filter that works great in turtle tank. Add a power sun bulb or one like it for your heat/basking spot plus it has UVB.

These guys love to swim. Moving them to a 75 until they outgrow that.

JW, that thing is nice. It would be perfect for when they outgrow the aquariums.

What I am really wanting to see is different basking ideas. It seems in the aquarium world the big thing now is over the tank basking. Which I like but it seems that tank cleaning could be a problem with that. I like the realistic looking setups.

I have some ideas and might just have to wing it.
Back to top Go down
b_rickard
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

turtle tanks Empty
PostSubject: Re: turtle tanks   turtle tanks EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 9:51 pm

Have you looked at Waterland Turtletubs?? I got some and they are great!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

turtle tanks Empty
PostSubject: Re: turtle tanks   turtle tanks Empty

Back to top Go down

turtle tanks
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
VaHerps.com :: General Discussion Forums :: Turtle/Tortoise/Amphibian Discussion-
Jump to: