VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Glades Herp Farm has been charged with illegal snake trafficking!

Go down 
+7
acl2790
smd58
leftoflarry
Don
Docwade87
MADKATTER
Focal
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

Glades Herp Farm has been charged with illegal snake trafficking! Empty
PostSubject: Glades Herp Farm has been charged with illegal snake trafficking!   Glades Herp Farm has been charged with illegal snake trafficking! EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 3:54 pm

Last edited by Focal on Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
MADKATTER
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: Glades Herp Farm has been charged with illegal snake trafficking!   Glades Herp Farm has been charged with illegal snake trafficking! EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 4:11 pm

Eh! I don't like those guys anyway. Dumb a$%es!
Back to top Go down
Docwade87
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Docwade87

PostSubject: Re: Glades Herp Farm has been charged with illegal snake trafficking!   Glades Herp Farm has been charged with illegal snake trafficking! EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 4:14 pm

thats crazy! I didn't like dealing with glades herp either, but it sucks either way for them
Back to top Go down
Don

PostSubject: Re: Glades Herp Farm has been charged with illegal snake trafficking!   Glades Herp Farm has been charged with illegal snake trafficking! EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 4:44 pm

Haven't they been in trouble before for illegal importation? I seem to recall reading somewhere that they had.
Back to top Go down
http://www.PlethoraOfPythons.com
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: Glades Herp Farm has been charged with illegal snake trafficking!   Glades Herp Farm has been charged with illegal snake trafficking! EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 4:58 pm

Not sure, but glad to see them being held accountable this time they broke the law!
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
Don

PostSubject: Re: Glades Herp Farm has been charged with illegal snake trafficking!   Glades Herp Farm has been charged with illegal snake trafficking! EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 5:10 pm

A little bit more detail. I really dislike the last sentence in this article:
http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2012/11/14/Fla-snake-farm-owners-charged-in-Pa/UPI-96471352869448/
Back to top Go down
leftoflarry
VHS Moderator
VHS Moderator
leftoflarry

PostSubject: Re: Glades Herp Farm has been charged with illegal snake trafficking!   Glades Herp Farm has been charged with illegal snake trafficking! EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 7:19 pm

Docwade87 wrote:
thats crazy! I didn't like dealing with glades herp either, but it sucks either way for them

It wouldn't suck for them, if there weren't poaching. I am done dealing with Glades Herps for good. I am completely intolerable of poaching and I'm glad they got caught. Poaching is the reason why the reptile business is attacked, and rightly so, if this is something that continues. HSUS waits for things like this to happen... this really pisses me off.
Back to top Go down
http://www.vaherpsociety.com
smd58
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
smd58

PostSubject: Re: Glades Herp Farm has been charged with illegal snake trafficking!   Glades Herp Farm has been charged with illegal snake trafficking! EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 8:02 pm

To have so much going, just to lose it all for stupidity.
Back to top Go down
Docwade87
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Docwade87

PostSubject: Re: Glades Herp Farm has been charged with illegal snake trafficking!   Glades Herp Farm has been charged with illegal snake trafficking! EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 8:10 pm

leftoflarry wrote:
Docwade87 wrote:

It wouldn't suck for them, if there weren't poaching. I am done dealing with Glades Herps for good. I am completely intolerable of poaching and I'm glad they got caught. Poaching is the reason why the reptile business is attacked, and rightly so, if this is something that continues. HSUS waits for things like this to happen... this really pisses me off.

Good point!!!
Back to top Go down
acl2790
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
acl2790

PostSubject: Re: Glades Herp Farm has been charged with illegal snake trafficking!   Glades Herp Farm has been charged with illegal snake trafficking! EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 8:31 pm

Watching the videos, they seem like a couple of clowns. Zero tolerance and no sympathy for poachers.
Back to top Go down
Stray
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Stray

PostSubject: Re: Glades Herp Farm has been charged with illegal snake trafficking!   Glades Herp Farm has been charged with illegal snake trafficking! EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 9:35 pm

I've seen tons of BOIs on them where they've pretty much stolen peoples' snakes without paying. Especially the ongoing one with that poor guy from Germany. In fact, I hope this makes his case even stronger, considering the guy's out about $5k.

Don, you're right, the last sentence in that article is sickening. I'm glad these guys got nailed, sounds like they've had it coming for a while now.

Hopefully that horrific TV show will get cancelled now.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/siobhan.sprouse
Lokielani
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
Lokielani

PostSubject: Re: Glades Herp Farm has been charged with illegal snake trafficking!   Glades Herp Farm has been charged with illegal snake trafficking! EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 11:16 pm

Don wrote:
A little bit more detail. I really dislike the last sentence in this article:
http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2012/11/14/Fla-snake-farm-owners-charged-in-Pa/UPI-96471352869448/

That's horrible, especially when you (and other people) went/go through so much to just obtain 1, and they dispose of them like they're trash. F-ing slime balls... I'm glad they got caught, I hope they do something good to them to at least put a thought in other smugglers' minds.
Back to top Go down
attack_donut
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
attack_donut

PostSubject: Re: Glades Herp Farm has been charged with illegal snake trafficking!   Glades Herp Farm has been charged with illegal snake trafficking! EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 10:35 am

Forgive my ignorance, but I thought Glades Herp were okay guys to deal with? They certain have been around long enough.

What am I missing (aside from the latest news, that is)
Back to top Go down
http://plaguedbethyangel.blogspot.com
Don

PostSubject: Re: Glades Herp Farm has been charged with illegal snake trafficking!   Glades Herp Farm has been charged with illegal snake trafficking! EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 10:54 am

Back to top Go down
leftoflarry
VHS Moderator
VHS Moderator
leftoflarry

PostSubject: Re: Glades Herp Farm has been charged with illegal snake trafficking!   Glades Herp Farm has been charged with illegal snake trafficking! EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 11:22 am

My institution where I work was buying amphibs from them for prey/capture studies, I have informed the principal investigator and we are going to be discontinuing purchasing animals from Glades Herps.
Back to top Go down
http://www.vaherpsociety.com
b_rickard
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

PostSubject: Re: Glades Herp Farm has been charged with illegal snake trafficking!   Glades Herp Farm has been charged with illegal snake trafficking! EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 9:42 pm

Man, you guys are all mean according to the FB posts about these guys.
Nice to see some place where you can bash Glades and not get your throat cut for doing so.

I have been to their old store in Ft. Meyers with my dad back in 99. He knows nothing about reptiles and was disgusted by how they kept their animals and the filthy conditions.

I have a friend that purchased "CB" spotted turtles from them when they would show up to the Hamm show in Germany. Every single turtle died and were clearly not CB at all.

I really dislike Glades and wouldn't spend a penny in their store or watch their show.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Glades Herp Farm has been charged with illegal snake trafficking!   Glades Herp Farm has been charged with illegal snake trafficking! Empty

Back to top Go down

Glades Herp Farm has been charged with illegal snake trafficking!
Page 1 of 1