VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Truly BIG snakes.(burms or retics)

Go down 
+2
Cp3_Pythons
byrd'sballs
6 posters
AuthorMessage
byrd'sballs
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
byrd'sballs

Truly BIG snakes.(burms or retics) Empty
PostSubject: Truly BIG snakes.(burms or retics)   Truly BIG snakes.(burms or retics) EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 1:34 am

I've never really put much thought into owning a truly big snake. That was until about a month ago. Got questions about em tho, like what are the temperments like, best big snake to start off with? Started looking online and saw one that i think is pretty cool the carmel albino retic, holy crap that is a beautiful eye catching snake. Dont think id like to breed them or anything, just one for a BIG pet. What are your thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Cp3_Pythons
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Cp3_Pythons

PostSubject: Re: Truly BIG snakes.(burms or retics)   Truly BIG snakes.(burms or retics) EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 3:31 am

GO FOR IT!!!! Burm's aren't as alert as retic's and well I consider Burm's the Bp's of the larger snake's
Back to top Go down
smd58
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
smd58

PostSubject: Re: Truly BIG snakes.(burms or retics)   Truly BIG snakes.(burms or retics) EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 8:38 pm

I started out with burms, they were great. just respect the size and power. And when they get big use two person rule.
Back to top Go down
Don

PostSubject: Re: Truly BIG snakes.(burms or retics)   Truly BIG snakes.(burms or retics) EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 9:46 pm

Speaking just for me, I don't really want a snake that should require two people to handle. I'm fine with my little balls. But, for those who do keep them, I hope they are responsible and make sure they have a good home for their lifetimes. Too many people get the big snakes then loose interest.
Back to top Go down
http://www.PlethoraOfPythons.com
Cp3_Pythons
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Cp3_Pythons

PostSubject: Re: Truly BIG snakes.(burms or retics)   Truly BIG snakes.(burms or retics) EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 10:29 pm

Don wrote:
Speaking just for me, I don't really want a snake that should require two people to handle. I'm fine with my little balls. But, for those who do keep them, I hope they are responsible and make sure they have a good home for their lifetimes. Too many people get the big snakes then loose interest.

Very wisely spoken Don.. I have to agree with Don while yes they are great... You do have to think about the enclosure needed for them and the cost of the food as well... But in the end IMO I enjoy working with the Burms and look foward to working with Retics as well
Back to top Go down
byrd'sballs
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
byrd'sballs

PostSubject: Re: Truly BIG snakes.(burms or retics)   Truly BIG snakes.(burms or retics) EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 10:36 pm

I know they take a lot of money to feed and house them, as well a great deal of respect for the size and power of a snake that big. Guess ill have to save up some penny's and get a retic, I really like the Carmel albino.

Back to top Go down
Snakeman

PostSubject: Re: Truly BIG snakes.(burms or retics)   Truly BIG snakes.(burms or retics) EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 6:49 pm

Alsol columbian red tails are a great snake to have.I have two myself and they are realy nice pets
Back to top Go down
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
smb2585

PostSubject: Re: Truly BIG snakes.(burms or retics)   Truly BIG snakes.(burms or retics) EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 7:36 pm

Ill stick with my balls Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Truly BIG snakes.(burms or retics)   Truly BIG snakes.(burms or retics) Empty

Back to top Go down

Truly BIG snakes.(burms or retics)
Page 1 of 1