VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Lunch Time Herpin' and Rescue

Go down 
+4
fuzz
MADKATTER
zues
leftoflarry
8 posters
AuthorMessage
leftoflarry
VHS Moderator
VHS Moderator
leftoflarry

Lunch Time Herpin' and Rescue Empty
PostSubject: Lunch Time Herpin' and Rescue   Lunch Time Herpin' and Rescue EmptyWed May 16, 2012 3:00 pm

So I was eating lunch when I go ta call that there is a snake in the pond outside of our building. I went there and just for the heck of it I grabbed it, only to find out that it had nylon netting wrapped around it's body and was cutting into his flesh. I quickly cut the nylon, took some pics answered some questions from those curious to see what was going on, and release it back into our pond. Smile

Here are the pics:
Lunch Time Herpin' and Rescue Snake_10
Lunch Time Herpin' and Rescue Snake_11Lunch Time Herpin' and Rescue Snake_12
Lunch Time Herpin' and Rescue Larry_10
Back to top Go down
http://www.vaherpsociety.com
zues
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
zues

PostSubject: Re: Lunch Time Herpin' and Rescue   Lunch Time Herpin' and Rescue EmptyWed May 16, 2012 3:11 pm

Is that a fish hook in the first close up?
Back to top Go down
leftoflarry
VHS Moderator
VHS Moderator
leftoflarry

PostSubject: Re: Lunch Time Herpin' and Rescue   Lunch Time Herpin' and Rescue EmptyWed May 16, 2012 3:28 pm

zues wrote:
No it's a piece of plastic netting.
Back to top Go down
MADKATTER
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: Lunch Time Herpin' and Rescue   Lunch Time Herpin' and Rescue EmptyWed May 16, 2012 3:31 pm

zues wrote:

Thats what I thought at first.
Back to top Go down
fuzz
Established Member+
Established Member+

PostSubject: Re: Lunch Time Herpin' and Rescue   Lunch Time Herpin' and Rescue EmptyWed May 16, 2012 3:48 pm

iagree Me two
Back to top Go down
zues
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
zues

PostSubject: Re: Lunch Time Herpin' and Rescue   Lunch Time Herpin' and Rescue EmptyWed May 16, 2012 4:03 pm

This guy is lucky you decided to grab him. That situation was only going to get worse.
Back to top Go down
jw
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
jw

PostSubject: Re: Lunch Time Herpin' and Rescue   Lunch Time Herpin' and Rescue EmptyWed May 16, 2012 4:14 pm

Good save.

Can you convince your employer to stop using plastic mesh?
Back to top Go down
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
smb2585

PostSubject: Re: Lunch Time Herpin' and Rescue   Lunch Time Herpin' and Rescue EmptyWed May 16, 2012 5:11 pm

Me three
Back to top Go down
Bobbykaizer
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Bobbykaizer

PostSubject: Re: Lunch Time Herpin' and Rescue   Lunch Time Herpin' and Rescue EmptyWed May 16, 2012 5:23 pm

horrible to see situations like that
Back to top Go down
smd58
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
smd58

PostSubject: Re: Lunch Time Herpin' and Rescue   Lunch Time Herpin' and Rescue EmptyWed May 16, 2012 5:25 pm

Glad you were there to save and teach. cheers
Back to top Go down
leftoflarry
VHS Moderator
VHS Moderator
leftoflarry

PostSubject: Re: Lunch Time Herpin' and Rescue   Lunch Time Herpin' and Rescue EmptyWed May 16, 2012 5:59 pm

jw wrote:
Good save.

Can you convince your employer to stop using plastic mesh?

Yes, I think this was a remnant and actually, I'm not even sure he got this on our property. But I'm going to be mentioning this to our facilities. It was completely by chance that I decided to go after this guy. Good thing I did. Luckily water snakes are very resilient I'm sure he'll make a full recovery.
Back to top Go down
leftoflarry
VHS Moderator
VHS Moderator
leftoflarry

PostSubject: Re: Lunch Time Herpin' and Rescue   Lunch Time Herpin' and Rescue EmptyWed May 16, 2012 6:03 pm

smd58 wrote:
Glad you were there to save and teach. cheers

Yeah our communications department release a publication called HHMI Bulletin that goes out Quarterly to an international audience. They are doing a story about me and herpetology. It's actually pretty exciting. I've been putting together a Nature Club and have conducted 2 herpetological surveys so far, with a reporter and photographer for one of them. Everyone here knows I'm the snake guy..and since I work in Environmental Health and Safety, I have some pull as to how we handle our wildlife and management of our land which sits on 681 acres.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lunch Time Herpin' and Rescue   Lunch Time Herpin' and Rescue Empty

Back to top Go down

Lunch Time Herpin' and Rescue
Page 1 of 1