VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Herpin Yesterday

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
leftoflarry
VHS Moderator
VHS Moderator
leftoflarry

Herpin Yesterday Empty
PostSubject: Herpin Yesterday   Herpin Yesterday EmptyMon May 07, 2012 12:40 pm

I had a huge herpetological survey at my work property. We had 25 people show up with lots of kids! We surveyed for about 3 hours and found over 30 animals encompassing 9 species. What's cool is that this survey will be featured in the next HHMI Bulletin, we had a reporter and a photographer for the HHMI Bulletin who chronicled the whole thing! Smile

Here is the lates Bulletin, notice the story on the snake id app:
HHMI Bulletin
Back to top Go down
http://www.vaherpsociety.com
jw
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
jw

Herpin Yesterday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Herpin Yesterday   Herpin Yesterday EmptyMon May 07, 2012 1:08 pm

Great! Did you guys find anything out of the ordinary? I assume you saw the VHS Facebook account of the albino eastern wormsnake found in Fairfax Co.
Back to top Go down
leftoflarry
VHS Moderator
VHS Moderator
leftoflarry

Herpin Yesterday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Herpin Yesterday   Herpin Yesterday EmptyMon May 07, 2012 2:44 pm

I did not find anything of specific interest. In the fall I'm going to be looking for wood turtles. There may be a few around. However, of interest is that we have more box turtles on our land than I've ever seen anywhere. We are a breeding ground for box turtles. Almost 1/2 of the animals we found were box turtles. So that is interesting to me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.vaherpsociety.com
jw
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
jw

Herpin Yesterday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Herpin Yesterday   Herpin Yesterday EmptyMon May 07, 2012 6:37 pm

Glad box turtle are doing well somewhere. At one time we had box turtles in my neighborhood, but haven't seen one in years.

Got out for a few hours on Sunday and hit the wetlands, it was pretty much the same old critters. The only thing remarkable was a very light colored red-eared slider.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Herpin Yesterday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Herpin Yesterday   Herpin Yesterday Empty

Back to top Go down

Herpin Yesterday
Page 1 of 1