VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Beware: AT&T/Apple selling refurbished iPhone 4S as NEW

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

Beware: AT&T/Apple selling refurbished iPhone 4S as NEW  Empty
PostSubject: Beware: AT&T/Apple selling refurbished iPhone 4S as NEW    Beware: AT&T/Apple selling refurbished iPhone 4S as NEW  EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 11:06 am

Just wanted to spread the word that anyone that purchased the new iPhone 4S should check with AT&T to make sure their NEW phone is not refurbished.

I purchased a new iPhone 4S online through AT&T and noticed a few pictures from another country in the photo album. At first I thought they may have been demo photo's until I used the function to see where they were taken. They were taken in 2007 and off the coast of Africa. Weird.

I called AT&T and told them about the problem. They ran my IMEI number and said there might be a problem. They put me on hold and when they returned, they asked that I delete all the pictures before they discuss returning the phone or any compensation. At this point I realized they were trying to get me to delete the evidence and told them I would not and that I took screen shots and saved the photos.

They put me on hold for about 20 minutes and came back and asked that I return the phone. They never admitted that it was used, not once, and I told them that I feel I have been cheated and sold a used refurbished phone and wanted this problem solved now. They offered to refund me $150 of the $200 I spent. I was on time constraint and just went ahead and took it. They promised I would still get my one year warranty.

This phone came in a sealed box and was definitely packaged as new. They did not question me what-so-ever and I believe this is a problem that has been frequently popping up for them given how they addressed the situation.

If you have any doubt about your phone, I would suggest you call. Just a heads up.
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
smb2585

PostSubject: Re: Beware: AT&T/Apple selling refurbished iPhone 4S as NEW    Beware: AT&T/Apple selling refurbished iPhone 4S as NEW  EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 11:18 am

Thanks Nick... nice warning for those that have the fancy smancy phones lol.
Back to top Go down
smd58
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
smd58

PostSubject: Re: Beware: AT&T/Apple selling refurbished iPhone 4S as NEW    Beware: AT&T/Apple selling refurbished iPhone 4S as NEW  EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 6:48 pm

That is not a good thing to happen to you or anyone, that's out and out fraud, a gross miss lead of what you were getting and payed for. They need to go out of there way to make it right. I believe your right they wanted the evendece gone.
Back to top Go down
Jabberwocky Dragons
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
Jabberwocky Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Beware: AT&T/Apple selling refurbished iPhone 4S as NEW    Beware: AT&T/Apple selling refurbished iPhone 4S as NEW  EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 7:01 pm

Very few other reasonable explanations. I don't have an iPhone but appreciate the heads up
Back to top Go down
http://www.JabberwockyDragons.com
b_rickard
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

PostSubject: Re: Beware: AT&T/Apple selling refurbished iPhone 4S as NEW    Beware: AT&T/Apple selling refurbished iPhone 4S as NEW  EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 9:59 pm

hmm, I got mine at Best Buy, it better be new or with a few nudes of some hot chicks!
Back to top Go down
smd58
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
smd58

PostSubject: Re: Beware: AT&T/Apple selling refurbished iPhone 4S as NEW    Beware: AT&T/Apple selling refurbished iPhone 4S as NEW  EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 10:50 pm

b_rickard wrote:
hmm, I got mine at Best Buy, it better be new or with a few nudes of some hot chicks!
I'll take mine with some hot snakes. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beware: AT&T/Apple selling refurbished iPhone 4S as NEW    Beware: AT&T/Apple selling refurbished iPhone 4S as NEW  Empty

Back to top Go down

Beware: AT&T/Apple selling refurbished iPhone 4S as NEW
Page 1 of 1