VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Please sign the petition against the Python Ban!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
DaganGecko
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
DaganGecko

Please sign the petition against the Python Ban! Empty
PostSubject: Please sign the petition against the Python Ban!   Please sign the petition against the Python Ban! EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 6:23 pm

This does not just apply to python owners! Any reptile or exotic animals keeper is at risk. Once they begin removing rights to own certain animals, they will begin controlling your rights to own ANY animal. This is just as bad as banning certain breeds of dog. And I would argue ANY DAY that an aggressive dog is far more dangerous than a loose snake. I should especially know after being attacked/chased by various dogs on my runs! Please act now in the fight against the banning of reptiles!!!

http://united-states-association-of-reptile-keepers.rallycongress.com/5799/no-on-fws-python-rule-bad-american-small-business-families-alread/

Quote :
Many have NOT sent their letters to President Obama and Congress Opposing the PYTHON BAN! If you care anything about this industry and hobby you will take action NOW! It is rumored that Interior Secretary Salazar will be grandstanding down in the Everglades next week in order to try and gain momentum for his beleaguered Constrictor Rule. HSUS and Defenders of Wildlife have spent countless thousands of dollars to lobby on behalf of the rule. USARK does not have the money to buy the kind of influence that these powerful special interests do. What we do have is Science, The Truth, and thousands of passionate members. A recent poll by the Palm Beach Post indicated that 86% of respondents were against the Python Ban. We need an unprecedented groundswell of grass roots letter writing. Obama needs to understand that there are millions of us representing a $1.4 billion industry with more than $103 million at stake with the Constrictor Rule. SEND YOUR LETTERS NOW!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.iherp.com/Public/ShowUser.aspx?UserId=5fb7c078-e6af-4
ClarkeReptiles
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
ClarkeReptiles

PostSubject: Re: Please sign the petition against the Python Ban!   Please sign the petition against the Python Ban! EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 7:10 pm

Signed and sent letters!
Back to top Go down
http://clarkereptiles.weebly.com/
DaganGecko
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
DaganGecko

PostSubject: Re: Please sign the petition against the Python Ban!   Please sign the petition against the Python Ban! EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 7:14 pm

Thank you! I did as well! My friend Hannah received a positive reply back from one of our representatives in TN.

Quote :
Please sign! I even got an email back from Congressman John Duncan (TN) that was not a generic response that he cared about our concerns and basically agreed that this bill is NOT an answer or okay!

If you don't like snakes, fine. But if you have people you care about who do, please do them a service by signing this!

It's no different than trying to outlaw "aggressive"breeds of dogs! Just not right!
Back to top Go down
http://www.iherp.com/Public/ShowUser.aspx?UserId=5fb7c078-e6af-4
Cp3_Pythons
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Cp3_Pythons

PostSubject: Re: Please sign the petition against the Python Ban!   Please sign the petition against the Python Ban! EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 11:26 pm

I've signed the petition and have had my family members sign it as well... I spent literally the entire day yesterday and the day before calling and speaking to senators throughout Va voicing my opinion
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Please sign the petition against the Python Ban!   Please sign the petition against the Python Ban! Empty

Back to top Go down

Please sign the petition against the Python Ban!
Page 1 of 1