VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Anyone here own venomous snakes?

Go down 
+4
Lokielani
gatto152
smd58
leftoflarry
8 posters
AuthorMessage
leftoflarry
VHS Moderator
VHS Moderator
leftoflarry

Anyone here own venomous snakes? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone here own venomous snakes?   Anyone here own venomous snakes? EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 3:37 am

I was perusing through the forum and it appears the majority of folks on here are BP lovers. Smile I have a regular old BP, no exotic color morph. Smile However, I was wondering whether anyone on here has a venomous collection. I have a few myself and will post pics up as soon as I figure out how to make the pics small enough. I use a Mac so haven't figured out how to make my images small enough for this site to accept them.
That Cryptelytrops macrops pictured as my profile pic is one of them. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.vaherpsociety.com
smd58
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
smd58

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here own venomous snakes?   Anyone here own venomous snakes? EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 6:39 am

Not any more, gave them up when the grandiose came along. I had a few wagler and duskys.
Back to top Go down
gatto152
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
gatto152

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here own venomous snakes?   Anyone here own venomous snakes? EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 3:04 pm

id love to get an eyelash viper as a pet always thought they were awesome also like the one in your profile pic larry
Back to top Go down
Lokielani
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
Lokielani

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here own venomous snakes?   Anyone here own venomous snakes? EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 3:29 pm

I love the snake in your profile pic, I've been meaning to tell you, but I'm not allowed anything venomous, my husband says no Sad It would freak him out too much...
Back to top Go down
leftoflarry
VHS Moderator
VHS Moderator
leftoflarry

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here own venomous snakes?   Anyone here own venomous snakes? EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 3:34 pm

gatto152 wrote:
id love to get an eyelash viper as a pet always thought they were awesome also like the one in your profile pic larry

I have a pair that I'm going to try and breed as soon as they get mature. They are very cool snakes. The one on my profile pic is a Cryptelytrops macrops, otherwise known as a large eyed pit viper from thailand. I got him and a flat nosed viper (Trimeresurus pumeceus) as hatchlings and had to force feed both of them pinky mouse parts. Normally these guys eat small frogs and lizards but I got them eating f/t pinkies off of forceps. They are very cute and growing now.....it went from force feeding to inhaling pinkies....
Back to top Go down
leftoflarry
VHS Moderator
VHS Moderator
leftoflarry

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here own venomous snakes?   Anyone here own venomous snakes? EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 3:37 pm

Lokielani wrote:
I love the snake in your profile pic, I've been meaning to tell you, but I'm not allowed anything venomous, my husband says no Sad It would freak him out too much...

Well it's understandable. And I don't recommend owning venomous snakes unless you at least have the very basic understanding of the type of husbandry that goes along with these guys. it is a liability and a potential risk. Even ones that don't kill you necessarily can deliver very painful bites that may have long lasting systemic effects. But some of the most beautiful snakes are venomous..and I just can't stay away. I love tree vipers.... I have a Trimerusurus trigonocephalus that is just gorgeous..I'm just trying to find him a female..but it seems that no one is selling them these days.
Back to top Go down
gatto152
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
gatto152

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here own venomous snakes?   Anyone here own venomous snakes? EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 3:58 pm

what are eyelash vipers going for id be extremely interested in purchasing one
Back to top Go down
leftoflarry
VHS Moderator
VHS Moderator
leftoflarry

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here own venomous snakes?   Anyone here own venomous snakes? EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 5:15 pm

gatto152 wrote:

Depends on color morphs, usually goldens run about 200-250 where as greens run 175 or so. Then there are other variants that can run between 100 to 500 or so dollars.
Back to top Go down
leftoflarry
VHS Moderator
VHS Moderator
leftoflarry

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here own venomous snakes?   Anyone here own venomous snakes? EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 5:16 pm

leftoflarry wrote:
gatto152 wrote:

Depends on color morphs, usually goldens run about 200-250 where as greens run 175 or so. Then there are other variants that can run between 100 to 500 or so dollars.

Check out some pricing here: http://market.kingsnake.com/index.php?cat=101
Back to top Go down
ladycrotalus
Established Member
Established Member
ladycrotalus

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here own venomous snakes?   Anyone here own venomous snakes? EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 1:10 am

I have a smooth scaled death adder and take care of my boyfriend's 2 eastern diamondbacks, eyelash viper, and bush viper.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/ladycrotalus
leftoflarry
VHS Moderator
VHS Moderator
leftoflarry

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here own venomous snakes?   Anyone here own venomous snakes? EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 2:04 am

ladycrotalus wrote:
I have a smooth scaled death adder and take care of my boyfriend's 2 eastern diamondbacks, eyelash viper, and bush viper.

Very cool. I too have a smooth scaled death adder, and I have a pair of eyelash vipers. I don't have a bush viper. How big are the rattlers? They can get quite large...
Back to top Go down
ladycrotalus
Established Member
Established Member
ladycrotalus

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here own venomous snakes?   Anyone here own venomous snakes? EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 2:47 pm

leftoflarry wrote:
ladycrotalus wrote:

Very cool. I too have a smooth scaled death adder, and I have a pair of eyelash vipers. I don't have a bush viper. How big are the rattlers? They can get quite large...

Not sure on the length of the rattlers but they are both eating small rats.
Do you house your eyelash vipers together? What is your fave color variety?
Back to top Go down
leftoflarry
VHS Moderator
VHS Moderator
leftoflarry

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here own venomous snakes?   Anyone here own venomous snakes? EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 1:45 am

Quote :
Not sure on the length of the rattlers but they are both eating small rats.
Do you house your eyelash vipers together? What is your fave color variety?

I'm partial to the christmas trees especially with some high pink. But I'd like to get a hold of some tiger yellows. And no I don't house them together, although I am planning on breeding in a couple of years. I've actually never bred before so this is going to be an interesting experiment.
Back to top Go down
MADexotics
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
MADexotics

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here own venomous snakes?   Anyone here own venomous snakes? EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 11:44 am

I had a few venomous snakes on and off over the years, but the partner is talking about kids now and refuses to have anything like that in the house. Which is perfectly reasonable to me, while kids are a possibility venomous is just out of the picture.... Think I'll go hug my burm... heh
Back to top Go down
pksnipr
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
pksnipr

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here own venomous snakes?   Anyone here own venomous snakes? EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 11:50 am

have never "owned" hots unless you count hognose but, have been considering purchasing a small group of Barron's Racers. they're super sweet looking and from the info i can find very docile. also the wow factor is pretty cool with rarer species. just havent been able to find much info on their venom. some say it's mild to non existent while others say its worse. not a whole lot of documentation on the species.
Back to top Go down
ladycrotalus
Established Member
Established Member
ladycrotalus

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here own venomous snakes?   Anyone here own venomous snakes? EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 1:04 am

Here is the eyelash viper
Anyone here own venomous snakes? Newbies013

and my adder
Anyone here own venomous snakes? Adder003
Back to top Go down
smd58
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
smd58

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here own venomous snakes?   Anyone here own venomous snakes? EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 1:08 am

The eye lash is HOT. 🤡 If I ever got back into hots die go for them.
Back to top Go down
leftoflarry
VHS Moderator
VHS Moderator
leftoflarry

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here own venomous snakes?   Anyone here own venomous snakes? EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 2:46 am

Those are gorgeous snakes. The death adder looks identical to mine. Smile

This is my male eyelash...this is a bit of an older pic. He's much bigger and much more colorful now.
Anyone here own venomous snakes? 11840_208706329488_507779488_2880469_8106886_n

Here is a pic of my death adder.
Anyone here own venomous snakes? 11840_220154464488_507779488_2934988_6025484_n

Back to top Go down
anacondaman123

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here own venomous snakes?   Anyone here own venomous snakes? EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 5:55 pm

ladycrotalus wrote:
Here is the eyelash viper
Anyone here own venomous snakes? Newbies013

and my adder
Anyone here own venomous snakes? Adder003

those are extremely gorgeous
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here own venomous snakes?   Anyone here own venomous snakes? Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone here own venomous snakes?
Page 1 of 1